What happens when you feel that your walking Solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Destiny2009

Hello,

What happens or what to do when you feel like your walking Solo in the sense of you look around and it's like every teenager around you is either usually fits in the cateorgy of unsaved or saved by not living but their saved chirstian beliefs (i.e. living by the word of God) like when you look around you see adults saved but don't see any teen and young adults that stand out to you as really living for God.

What can be done to encourage someone in this situation or give them hope that it won't like last for long (like it won't last for years).

Blessings,

Destiny2009

F

freeport

Hello,

What happens or what to do when you feel like your walking Solo in the sense of you look around and it's like every teenager around you is either usually fits in the cateorgy of unsaved or saved by not living but their saved chirstian beliefs (i.e. living by the word of God) like when you look around you see adults saved but don't see any teen and young adults that stand out to you as really living for God.

What can be done to encourage someone in this situation or give them hope that it won't like last for long (like it won't last for years).

Blessings,

Destiny2009

People really should not worry about judging others as saved or unsaved, but taking people as they come and dealing with them dynamically.

When people do do good or say good, it is from God, and they are usually pretty unconscious of it.

One has to walk about in the unconscious to get anywhere these days.

Upvote 0

Meeker

Just A Girl
Jan 10, 2008
Florida
✟7,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There is a proverb which reads "Better to be alone than in bad company." I have no idea how relevant it may be, but there it is.

As freeport said, you cannot judge someone as saved or unsaved. It's impossible. That doesn't mean you might not be concerned for them, and if you are, pray for them.

It sounds like you feel the way I sometimes do. It seems there are so many adults who are with God, or reaching for Him but not so many young people like us. But, don't worry about it, and try to focus on God. Let God worry about that.

And chances are God is not going to let you walk solo for too long.

Upvote 0

ghs1994

Jul 1, 2005
Ohio
✟16,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Blessings,

Destiny2009

Read James 1:5-8.

So you are saying that you feel like the only one living for Jesus? If so, so did Noah, but Noah actually was.

Church (in the American sense of the word) can be disheartening. I would encourage that person to study the Bible deeper and trust/believe in the guidance of the Spirit within - that is, if you are saved.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know what's in their hearts? Just because people don't do all the "good" things you think you're doing doesn't mean they aren't saved. Works aren't going to save us. We all have our issues and we all have our sins, it's why we all need a savior and thankfully one was provided for us. You can't see the good that God is leading some of those teens to do according to His will, so please, don't walk around with so much condemnation.

Upvote 0

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you look around and it's like every teenager around you is either usually fits in the cateorgy of unsaved or saved by not living but their saved chirstian beliefs (i.e. living by the word of God) like when you look around you see adults saved but don't see any teen and young adults that stand out to you as really living for God.

you cannot judge someone as saved or unsaved. It's impossible.

If someone admittedly doesn't confess that Jesus Christ is their God savior and lord or believe the gospel that He died and rose again those people are not saved.
You can get a good inclination as to whether someone is saved or not based on their actions as well as if they live by the word of God. You can't know their heart or what they do in private but out of the heart do come the issues of life.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
John goes so far as to tell us how to know who is in Christ.
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. -1 John 2:3-6
Pointing out sin and behavior patterns isn't judging the heart but observing what a person does and calling it what it is.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. -Matthew 7:15-20
Jesus doesn't want us to ignore spiritual discernment based on fruits.
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."-Matthew 7:1-5
Jesus commanded us to examine ourselves (search your hearts and be silent -Psalm 4:4) first for the problems we so easily see in others. Only then can we help remove the speck in another's eye – which, assumes that a problem exists and must be confronted.

You may be best off considering your words not saying "these people are saved or not saved" (funny few seem to complain or contest when you call someone saved but only when you call someone unsaved do people jump on your case) You could be better off saying "I don't think these people are saved and here's why" you did do that when you said
saved but not living by their saved chirstian beliefs (i.e. living by the word of God)
It is better to offend some and assume all unsaved and share the gospel than to offend none assume everyone is saved and they perish to hell.

What can be done to encourage someone in this situation
First examine your heart, confess your sins to God, and pray. Second talk to these people that you think are saved but not living by the word of God. Question them about it. If they seem to be willing to receive instruction tell them what God's word says. Jesus does want us to help remove the speck in our brother's eye but only if we are clear eyed. Don't sit back and be sad about your situation follow God by loving others and not merely watching what they do.

Upvote 0

DiscipleOfTruth

Disciple of Christ
Dec 17, 2007
✟15,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many of us, I believe, go through the same situation that you are going through. And is not that we are hypocritical of anyone, it is only that we observe people not living by their beliefs, people saying one thing but doing another. Everything is in the Lord's hands. The best thing you can do in these situations is just to continue your walk, and let your light shine to those around you. It is what most affect people around you. What you say can be easily forgotten but what you do is what impacts people around you. Let your light shine and do not worry about what's around you. Pray and leave everything to the Lord. Accept people for who they are, they are in the same process of sanctification, know that everything is in the Lord's hands and that we are clay in His hands,and that He has control of everything. Everything else will fall into place.

May the Lord continue to bless you in your walk,
DiscipleOfTruh

Upvote 0
D

Destiny2009

There is a proverb which reads "Better to be alone than in bad company." I have no idea how relevant it may be, but there it is.

As freeport said, you cannot judge someone as saved or unsaved. It's impossible. That doesn't mean you might not be concerned for them, and if you are, pray for them.

Amen I do agree with him about not judging, but it's not so much about judging the ones around me it's more so of not having and seeing that many christian youth around me. I am not really saying they are saved or unsaved some of them openly will tell you that they are not saved.

It sounds like you feel the way I sometimes do. It seems there are so many adults who are with God, or reaching for Him but not so many young people like us. But, don't worry about it, and try to focus on God. Let God worry about that.

And chances are God is not going to let you walk solo for too long.

Yes, that is exactly how I feel, I know there are many out there, there are many on here, but it's like I haven't came across someone my age who I observe just reaching out for God like I tend to see alot of adults doing. Or I get to know them but they end up moving or things change or something of the sort.

Thanks dor the encouragement.

I know how you feel but I have let go trying to find people my age that are on my level spiritually...I have just learned to enjoy the people around me saved or not because they appreciate, love, and respect me for my beliefs.

Thanks, I understand I do feel that way, like that's what I need to do.

Read James 1:5-8.

So you are saying that you feel like the only one living for Jesus? If so, so did Noah, but Noah actually was.

No, I don't feel like I am the only one living for Jesus, it's just that when I look around I see mostly marjority of adults living for him, I know that teens are living for him and all it's just I don't run into alot of them. Like I could know of some but don't know them or they live really far away.

Church (in the American sense of the word) can be disheartening. I would encourage that person to study the Bible deeper and trust/believe in the guidance of the Spirit within - that is, if you are saved.

Oh okay, yes I am saved (just in case you wanted to know).

You know what's in their hearts?

No, I don't know what's in their hearts, as far as I know only God knows that. No, I am not looking at their hearts or judging them really. Really, I am just observing what I see.

Just because people don't do all the "good" things you think you're doing doesn't mean they aren't saved.

That is very true, but it has nothing to do with "good things" or bad things but really just observing them, but I do look to see if they are doing what the word or God says or contary. I can't see their heart but I can watch them with my eyes and observe what their doing/or not doing. Although it's true I don't know everything thing about them or their heart which is why I don't judge them but rather observing to find a christian teen reaching for God. Has nothing to do with spiritual levels or anything.

Works aren't going to save us.

That is true works are going to say us but I can observe what they are doing and see if it lines up to see if their influence actions and all including fellowshipping with them will be positive for a friendship with them and help each other to grow closer to God. Pray for one another and all.

We all have our issues and we all have our sins, it's why we all need a savior and thankfully one was provided for us.

Amen, because I know I have my share of issuse and I know I have sinned but I thank God for Jesus.

You can't see the good that God is leading some of those teens to do according to His will,

Very true I can't see where he is leading them. But it's not so much of seeing where God is leading them it's about presently finding a friend it's about presently being able to fellowship with Christian teens. Of course I can't see where he is leading them, I know 100% know where he is leading me yet alone someone else.

so please, don't walk around with so much condemnation.

It has nothing to do with walking with condemnation it has absoultly nothing to do with that. It's about feeling alone and feel as if I am walking solo it's about cope and waiting for a fellow christian teen to come along that I can truly be friends with and walk with that is my age. I haven't really had connection with someone my age in a while. But I have with those older than me.

Posted above in red

Upvote 0
D

Destiny2009

If someone admittedly doesn't confess that Jesus Christ is their God savior and lord or believe the gospel that He died and rose again those people are not saved.
You can get a good inclination as to whether someone is saved or not based on their actions as well as if they live by the word of God. You can't know their heart or what they do in private but out of the heart do come the issues of life.

Amen that is true

John goes so far as to tell us how to know who is in Christ.

Amen again:)

Pointing out sin and behavior patterns isn't judging the heart but observing what a person does and calling it what it is.

Amen, there is a big difference. I have never figured out when people call things what they are is automatically judging. To me I am not judging I am comparing it to the word of God and really saying what it is. I don't even have to say it. The scriptures speak for itself.

Jesus doesn't want us to ignore spiritual discernment based on fruits.
Jesus commanded us to examine ourselves (search your hearts and be silent -Psalm 4:4) first for the problems we so easily see in others. Only then can we help remove the speck in another's eye – which, assumes that a problem exists and must be confronted.

Amen

You may be best off considering your words not saying "these people are saved or not saved" (funny few seem to complain or contest when you call someone saved but only when you call someone unsaved do people jump on your case) You could be better off saying "I don't think these people are saved and here's why" you did do that when you said It is better to offend some and assume all unsaved and share the gospel than to offend none assume everyone is saved and they perish to hell.

I see exactally what your saying

First examine your heart, confess your sins to God, and pray. Second talk to these people that you think are saved but not living by the word of God. Question them about it. If they seem to be willing to receive instruction tell them what God's word says. Jesus does want us to help remove the speck in our brother's eye but only if we are clear eyed. Don't sit back and be sad about your situation follow God by loving others and not merely watching what they do.

Thanks and I will take your advice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

Destiny2009

Many of us, I believe, go through the same situation that you are going through. And is not that we are hypocritical of anyone, it is only that we observe people not living by their beliefs, people saying one thing but doing another. Everything is in the Lord's hands. The best thing you can do in these situations is just to continue your walk, and let your light shine to those around you. It is what most affect people around you. What you say can be easily forgotten but what you do is what impacts people around you. Let your light shine and do not worry about what's around you. Pray and leave everything to the Lord. Accept people for who they are, they are in the same process of sanctification, know that everything is in the Lord's hands and that we are clay in His hands,and that He has control of everything. Everything else will fall into place.

May the Lord continue to bless you in your walk,
DiscipleOfTruh

Thanks for that encouraging post. Thank you everyone for posted:)

Upvote 0

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From your response in the above it sounds as if you are being conformed to the image of Jesus, I am never alone even when I can find no one to walk with for I am always in Christ. This world is not my home so in that way I am not content in this world. I know that I have a purpose, to Know God and the One whom He sent, Christ Jesus. Be sure to know that thier are others your age that the Lord is upon and in. When I was in Kansas City, Mo. several years ago at a "One Thing" confrence I was totally blown away at the number of young believers there. There were a number of young from 8 on up going up to the stage to pray for our country on New years eve. Not out partying they were there all day and most of the night worshiping our Lord and Savior. It was amazing and I praised God that this 'old gray haired man' was able to be among such as these. So my friend you will find others for God is doing things across the world in young peoples lives, I have seen it with my own eyes. Check out God TV sometime and see what young people are doing in other parts of the country and the world.

one man set free,
jeffrey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.