Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
It always takes a personal encounter with Christ to believe in Christ, whether the person recognizes it as such or not. However if a Christian is not required for an unbeliever to believe in Him, then is preaching the gospel even necessary?
New birth depends on our response to the creator, not our response to theology.
New birth comes when we accept the conviction of the Holy Spirit working directly on our heart.
Salvation comes as the follow on process for those already born again. Salvation is a lifetime journey of continual deliverance as we grow into sonship.

Scripture states clearly that Christ is our creator, that Christ is the Lord revealed throughout the OT Law and the Prophets etc. not just in the NT.
Heb11v24By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, 26esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
How could Moses "esteem the reproach of Christ", unless Christ was the God we read of in the OT?

And Christ didn't just bring Moses out of Egypt, he brought the whole tribe of Israel out, leading and feeding them on their journey.
1Cor10v1Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3all ate the same spiritual food, 4and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

The gospel message of the cross is about the power of God to change the lives of those who are already born again.

The message of the Cross was never addressed to the unregenerate, but only to those who were already born again.

Thus a Muslim or Hindu, who has never encountered a Christian, may still become born again as the Holy Spirit convicts his heart, and he surrenders to his maker. From that point on, his earthly salvation and deliverance will depend on how much truth he has access to, either from other believers, from scriptures, or by direct revelation just as it always was throughout the bible and history.

The latter was my own experience.
I encountered God as a child alone in my bedroom and surrendered my life to him. I was ignorant of the gospel.
In my teens I had further direct revelations from the Lord.
It was over 10 years later, when I was about 24 years old that I first encountered the gospel, and read about the God I had known in my heart since childhood!

Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus entered the disembodied state just as all who have and will die. Jesus descended intohell, Hades , where those who passed are. All the souls in that state respond according to their disposition toward truth and love. A habit of saying yes to good and no to evil predisposed one to meet the Good.?
If a person would have accepted the Gospel if they had been exposed to it during their life their soul would be prediposed to union with God. Maybe they had a devotion to truth but was never exposed to Truth in person. Wouldn't they find being devoted to truth was devotion to God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What happens to a Muslim...who would have believed the gospel if he had ever heard it, but who died in unbelief? Is he lost forever? Or is there after death salvation for him upon hearing the gospel postmortem?

What about those in the Americas & Orient, for examples, around 100 AD, 500 AD & 1000 AD who would have believed the gospel if they had ever heard it, but who died in unbelief? Are they lost forever? Or is there after death salvation for them upon hearing the gospel postmortem?

How many gospel preachers, if any, were there in those areas at those times? And in other parts of the globe?

Unique Proof For Christian, Biblical Universalism

75 UR verses + 100 proofs + 150 reasons etc:
Web Online Help

213 Questions Without Answers:
Questions Without Answers

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

"You are fully, completely, and thoroughly adored by God."
Hi Clement. This is a difficult question to answer as there is little written about it, but we do know a few things. We know that God is love, and that Jesus taught us no man shall come unto the Father but by me. It is inconceivable to me that our Father would destroy all the good Hindus, Muslims, or for that matter His own Hebrew children for not believing upon Christ. Therefore, as it is written, at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in the earth, and things under the earth: and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:8. Well, when does all that happen? My opinion is that our Beloved reserved the millennial day, the next 1,000 years, for all the good children who never had a chance to know Him, to worship Him. As it is written in both the Old and New Testaments, They shall all be taught of God.

Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pretty much almost every single Muslim on Earth knows atleast a little about Christianity or has heard of it existing, unless this Muslim lived in the middle of no where or on a remote island without even basic knowledge of his own faith, then he has no excuse for not seeking out the Gospel himself. No one after all brought the Gospel to me, I sought it out myself from what little knowledge I had about Christianity investigated it and embraced it, if someone like me could do it at the age of 14, then practically any non Christian can be he Mohammadan, Jew, Atheist, or Pagan. Unless a certain Muslim as I said does not know that something called Christianity exists which is probably less than 2% of all Muslims, then he or she shall die unsaved for certain.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
St. Isaac the Syrian reminds us that God's grace is more than we ask for, His mercy greater than we can conceive; and therefore we should be confident that the One who gave His life for us wills for our salvation.

"Let us not be in doubt, O fellow humanity, concerning the hope of our salvation, seeing that the One who bore sufferings for our sakes is very concerned about our salvation; God’s mercifulness is far more extensive than we can conceive, God’s grace is greater than what we ask for." - St. Isaac the Syrian

It is not for us sinners to judge the fate of sinners; such judgment belongs alone to the One who bore the cross for the world, and whose love for the world is unfathomably great.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless a certain Muslim as I said does not know that something called Christianity exists which is probably less than 2% of all Muslims, then he or she shall die unsaved for certain.

And then what happens to them?

What about those in the Americas & Orient, for examples, around 100 AD, 500 AD & 1000 AD who would have believed the gospel if they had ever heard it, but who died in unbelief? Are they lost forever? Or is there after death salvation for them upon hearing the gospel postmortem?

How many gospel preachers, if any, were there in those areas at those times? And in other parts of the globe?

Unique Proof For Christian, Biblical Universalism

75 UR verses + 100 proofs + 150 reasons etc:
Web Online Help

213 Questions Without Answers:
Questions Without Answers

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

"You are fully, completely, and thoroughly adored by God."

If endless conscious torments were true, is God a monster?

---

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And then what happens to them?

There were already Christians and forms of Christianity in the Orient, both in the Near and even Far East since the 5th century AD. As for the America’s that’s another issue.

Upvote 0