What happend with all my sin I commited during the time I wasnt christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davito

Mar 21, 2009
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am 24 years old but I became chritian and accept Jesus in my heart over a year ago.

I would like to know what happend with all the mistakes and adultery I did in the pass? Sometime I feel so guilty because I commit adultery many times, and I lost my virginity as well. So, I am very confuse. Please I need an advise.

Thanks!!

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People reap what they sow, and even if we are forgiven by Jesus from our faith in Him, still there might be things from the past that we will remember and feel bad about. I have lots of shame and guilt from things I did when I didn't know God, and I'm not sure if I will ever forget those things, but at least when I live close to God I can do something better. So then I sow new things, good things, and I will also harvest something good from that both in this life and the next.

Upvote 0

Galatians513

Christian UU
Feb 23, 2005
Washington, DC, USA
Visit site
✟15,247.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible teaches that when we accept Christ, you become a new creature and old things are passed away. It also teaches that he chooses not to remember our sins once they're forgiven. So, it's safe to say that in the eyes of God, your old sins disappear the moment we agree to accept his Son. God bless you! I hope this answer helps!

Upvote 0

davito

Mar 21, 2009
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible teaches that when we accept Christ, you become a new creature and old things are passed away. It also teaches that he chooses not to remember our sins once they're forgiven. So, it's safe to say that in the eyes of God, your old sins disappear the moment we agree to accept his Son. God bless you! I hope this answer helps!

I like this. Thanks you all!!!

Upvote 0

kathyA

redeemed
Feb 14, 2009
✟7,785.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin,all sin was paid for once and for all on Calvary. The sins of the world were laid on Jesus and His blood paid the price for all our sins. And what the previous posters said is true, once you have accepted Jesus, you have been washed in the blood of the lamb, old things are passed away and all things become new....you are a new creation.It is the greatest miracle of all..........

Upvote 0
F

Flibbertigibbet

Hi, I am 24 years old but I became chritian and accept Jesus in my heart over a year ago.

I would like to know what happend with all the mistakes and adultery I did in the pass? Sometime I feel so guilty because I commit adultery many times, and I lost my virginity as well. So, I am very confuse. Please I need an advise.

Thanks!!
I agree with the other posters - your sins, for which you have already asked (and received) forgiveness from God, are washed away.

We have a couple of things in common, aside from being brother & sister in Christ. I'm a fairly new Christian, myself; having just become a believer 2 years ago.

And, I was also an adulterer (among other things). I just wanted to give you a piece of advice related specifically to that. Put some time into self-examination to determine WHY you were committing adultery - go back over your relationships and sift through the things you were feeling and seeking that led to those choices. Then take that knowledge of yourself to God in prayer and ask Him to help you in the areas that you are vulnerable. Also, read the Bible and pay close attention to what love is (and is not) and how marriage is supposed to work (husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church . . .).

Trust that if you continue in your relationship with Christ, reading the Bible and learning, God will work a change within you. You don't exert your own will to change - sanctification (becoming more holy and more like Christ) is a change that only God can work and, as the Bible tells us, He will give you the desires of your heart. Not give you what you want, but give you a desire for the things that are pleasing to Him.

Blessings to you - and glad to have you in the family.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am 24 years old but I became Christian and accept Jesus in my heart over a year ago.

I would like to know what happened with all the mistakes and adultery I did in the pass? Sometime I feel so guilty because I commit adultery many times, and I lost my virginity as well. So, I am very confused. Please I need an advice.

Mate, there are many false doctrines in regards to past carnal sins, and Philippians 3:13: “forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead” is one of the most common passages of Scripture that is misused.

Struggling Christians, as in your case, are encouraged by others by a false belief and misuse, giving what they believe is good, and sound advice, such as: “that they need to put their past behind them”, which isn’t referring to carnal sin.

The context of verse 13 is not referring to Paul’s painful past, but was referring to the difficult time that he was having to obliterate the past from his memory, and he is refusing to let his past obstruct his progress toward his goal. He wanted to forget his past efforts in “self-righteousness” and leave it behind him as we read: “For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ” (Phlp. 3:3-7).

Paul was not referring to our painful past memories, when he said, “forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead”, but rather, he was referring to his former acts of “self-righteousness”. He called his past efforts in “self-righteousness”, a “pile of dung”. It was these ways of acting that he was “forgetting those things behind him---his past”, because he had come to see them as worthless acts of “self-righteousness”.

Now in your case your “things, which are behind” you are now troubling you, because you feel guilt and shame. This comes from Satan and his forces, because they know that you haven’t confessed or repented these acts of the carnal flesh. When other believers quote this verse to struggling Christians to “deny what they feel”, and to “forget their painful past”, and they are using these verses in a totally incorrect context.

When we read the complete verses from 1 to 21, Paul is describing that our life is “all for our Lord Jesus Christ”; we “press toward the goal”; and “our citizenship is in heaven”, and that verse 13 should be allowed to say what it’s really saying, and nothing more. If we accept these false teachings, then we are supporting “suppression” and “denial”, which is not good Biblical interpretation and practice.

To put our past behind us, is impractical and neurologically impossible, because many of us “fall short of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and allow the root of bitterness to spring up causing trouble and defile many” (Heb. 12:15). Many believe that if they try to put their past behind them by not thinking about it any longer, and by pressing forward to what lies ahead of them, and focus on our Lord Jesus Christ, hen it will all go away. But, I am sorry that is a lie from the “father of lies”, Satan and his forces!

Even if it is possible and practical, neurologically it can become impossible, because we are influenced by our past, and as much as we try to block out any of those troublesome and painful memory, our act is simply “suppression” and “denial”, and isn’t good “spiritual advice or practice”.

We all know that every thought in our mind comes from our past history, yesterday and further back in time. Our Creator designed our brains to draw from the past historical information that is stored in our brain, and it’s created to work well, unless the information is flawed with lies. This is why it said in Romans 12:2 to “be transformed by the renewing of our mind” (Rom. 12:2). Our spiritual transformation and renewal starts our “inner healing” of our “soul”, by removing all of our will, pride, self, thoughts, emotions, sin, assumptions, values, desires, and purposes that are stored in our “soul”.

Our main storage and controlling points of our “soul” are: our carnal mind (our brain) which is all mixed together with natural and spiritual reasoning, and is then passed onto our spiritual mind (our heart). The only way that “our mind can be renewed”, is that, our carnal mind (Satan’s battleground) becomes renewed from our heart, because when all other elements of our “soul” is healed, then what we think or speak will come from our heart. The mind needs to be renewed, but can only be renewed when our “soul” is healed.

Using Philippians 3:13 to get struggling or new Christians not to think about their past is spiritual “suppression” and “denial”, and by doing so it keeps our lies harboured, and hidden deep-down within our heart. Many let the sun set on anger, and allow their bitterness to well up inside of them.

There is a more profitable solutions to many of our problems, to overcome and conquer our captivity, we need to own up to our past, identify the lies that are at the root of our pain and suffering, and find the “truth from His Word that will set us free” (John 8:32), and listen to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit. This can be achieved by confession, repentance, and forgiveness.

Our past experiences are a wealth of knowledge and understanding that gives us a great benefit, when it is lie-free and not distorted. The “truth” is all that we know, all that has been our past, and that tiny moment right now in time that we can call the present.

Everything that we have in our brain (our “carnal mind”) is our memory of every past hurt, offence, rejection, abuse, trauma and secret sins causes an emotion within our “soul”, emotional feelings that is connected to an aspect of our thinking, which is based on our memory, unless there is a chemical imbalance.

To “put our past behind us”, is one sense trying to completely forget our past and not to think of it again, that is to “remember no more”, which can be a fight against how our Creator created our brain to operate.

“Putting our past behind us” is a program of “controlled behaviour”, that is, “SELF”. Through this process we become “SELF-reliant” and “SELF-dependent” upon our personal efforts in maintaining this lie. Anytime “SELF-effort” is the power source, then that source can lead us to “defeat” that is just around the corner, and “spiritual bondage”.

We need to realise that “SELF-effort” was never a solution given by our Lord Jesus Christ to overcome “SIN” that is motivated by a “lie-based” thinking, giving us a false solution to our problems, by “lie-based” denial.
We need to realise that “renewal of our mind” does not come from building up strong logical defences, or embarking on a SELF-program by suppressing our behaviour that is motivated by “lie-based” emotions, because choosing not to think about our past, does not provide any long-term solution to our “lie-based” pain, or being set free from captivity.

Our emotional pain comes from the lies in our history, not the history itself. Rather, than not to think about the memory event, we can choose to identify what it is in the event, that is, the lie that is causing the problem, and we need to find His Truth of His Word that will set us free from captivity, and give us that “inner healing” that our “soul” needs.

It is this lie that is harboured in our memory that needs to be “TRANSFORMED” and “RENEWED”. True “Freedom in our Lord Jesus Christ” comes from being set free from the lies that motivate sinful behaviour. We need today to be able to overcome and conquer our emotional and spiritual wounds. By doing so, we can open the way for the Holy Spirit to replace the lies and pain that are hidden deep below, with truth and peace, and to set us free from captivity.

There are many like you who are saved and struggle their whole Christian life because of these false doctrines.

First off, you committed the sins of adultery and fornication and those sins need to be confessed and repented verbally, and aloud, and with another mature Christian, and ask our Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

Why you feel guilt and shame is because Satan and his forces know that you haven’t confessed them and repented them. It’s okay for those Christians to say that your sins are forgiven.

See if you can get a copy of Neil Anderson’s books: “Victory Over Darkness”; “Bondage Breakers”; and “Set Free”, as these books will give you encouragement of how to remove those fishhooks and be set free in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This woman was caught in adultery and Jesus said this:
LUK 7:47 I tell you, her sins - and they are many - have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love."
48 Then Jesus said to the woman, "Your sins are forgiven."
49 The men at the table said among themselves, "Who does this man think he is, going around forgiving sins?"
50 And Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Jesus is also showing here that those who sinned a lot in their old life, appreciate Jesus' forgiveness much more than those who sinned just a little (in comparison). And therefore, they love Jesus much more. They see his love for them as much deeper.

He made us perfect forever! He does not remember our sins!

HEB 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."
17 Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."
18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

When Jesus died on the cross, we exchanged our "clothes". Jesus took our sin, and we put on Jesus' righteousness on ourselves.

So when God looks at us (IN CHRIST), He sees Jesus. (we are a body of Christ). He sees us clothed in the righteousness of Jesus.

GAL 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

1CO 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

1PE 2:24 He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds! (healed spiritually, from the decease of sin)

ROM 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Righteousness is given to us by faith, (not by anything we did or did not do).
PHI 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.