Visit site
✟7,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I hate the stereotype that men are humorously incapable of cooking anything without burning it. Not sure where that came from. I cook 25 out of 30 days in a month...and not just burgers either. Fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, pretty much anything you buy at Red Lobster I have studied over years and can make better...and healthier. Pick your 'fav steak house and my rib-eyes, ribs, pork tenderloin, chops, chicken, and all the sides and I'll rival them. Taught both my kids how to cook. Most of my guy friends cook. My wife maybe makes homemade mac & cheese once every other week or some kind of stir fry. She definitely has Texas style french toast mastered beyond my capability. I'll give her that one.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hate chocolate, am allergic to strawberries. I hate shopping except for video games. I prefer pants over dresses any day. I don't really like to cook. I microwave everything, but I am a single XD, but I do cry on every disney movie.

Upvote 0

LilJenny45

Aug 10, 2013
✟15,185.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think teaching people to "man up" and bottle up their emotions is a great way to make a ticking time bomb. Screw that noise :(

Yes, those who like chocolate and flowers can keep them! Give me sushi and cats! :)

Here's a great response to the phrase "man up". Some swearing, so NSFW (or if you're offended by rough language), but it's really well said.

Blech, didn't post my link because I have too few posts. The video is on upworthy, under the 'gender' section. You could probably also find it by googling 'response to man up'. Totally worth it.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

That everyone, particularly men, who attempt to classify any subgroup of humanity are attempting to apply a stereotype with racist, sexist or bigoted motives. If that were the case, we could think nothing, say nothing nor learn anything of humanity, its differences, commonalities, strengths or weaknesses. We all do it naturally, we're all naturally biased to some degree, and it takes practice to overcome that so we can gain a more accurate perspective.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hate the idea that women are less suited for fighting than men. Women are less prone to PTSD and tend to deal with the stress of having to kill people way better. True, women do tend to have less physical strength, but last time I checked, they weren't so weak they couldn't hold a gun steady and fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

Nanopants

Wat.jpg

Did you just stereotype me?

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hate the idea that women are less suited for fighting than men. Women are less prone to PTSD and tend to deal with the stress of having to kill people way better. True, women do tend to have less physical strength, but last time I checked, they weren't so weak they couldn't hold a gun steady and fire.

Just read this. I admit, I had a stereotype idea women wouldn't do this:

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/301224_431932806844391_743728677_n.jpg

Get Out Of The Car! This is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida: An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! GET OUT OF THE CAR!" The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat. A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun. No charges were filed. Moral of the story? If you're going to have a senior moment...make it memorable!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums