Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Switch OLED had the new footage and it looks great. Already preordered Shining Pearl. Waiting on news of Metroid tho. On the verge of preordering that as well
Yep, a lot more detail in the clothes, shadows, and lighting. I think I'll wait for reviews with Metroid. It looks impressive but I'm curious how it will pan out.

Upvote 0

C073SLAW

Jul 11, 2021
Ontario
✟1,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yep, a lot more detail in the clothes, shadows, and lighting. I think I'll wait for reviews with Metroid. It looks impressive but I'm curious how it will pan out.
The grass patches don’t look like they’re ripped out of one of the pokémon 3DS games lol. They look fairly decent now. Metroid seems good but the story seems sort of.. bland so far if that makes sense

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The grass patches don’t look like they’re ripped out of one of the pokémon 3DS games lol. They look fairly decent now. Metroid seems good but the story seems sort of.. bland so far if that makes sense
Lol it was really rough in the first trailer. Happy to see Nintendo listen to fans and make changes. The story does seem iffy. I don't have much history with Metroid either. But I'd like it to be a great game and sell well so the series can be more popular like how Animal Crossing exploded with its Switch entry.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Beat the first campaign in Marvel's Avengers. Overall, I was impressed. This was a game people had me doubting whether it was worth bothering with and it has mostly good writing, high production values, and easy to get into gameplay. The villains were a high point. I liked the way they used the Inhumans and played Kamala and Bruce Banner/Hulk off each other. Their mentor/pupil relationship is different from Tony Stark/Peter Parker in the MCU but it fits for these characters.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Beat the first campaign in Marvel's Avengers. Overall, I was impressed. This was a game people had me doubting whether it was worth bothering with and it has mostly good writing, high production values, and easy to get into gameplay. The villains were a high point. I liked the way they used the Inhumans and played Kamala and Bruce Banner/Hulk off each other. Their mentor/pupil relationship is different from Tony Stark/Peter Parker in the MCU but it fits for these characters.
I really liked the main campaign in Avengers, too. Bit of a shame it gets into grinding territory after that but all the characters are different and fun to use.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I really liked the main campaign in Avengers, too. Bit of a shame it gets into grinding territory after that but all the characters are different and fun to use.
They do play pretty differently and eventually there will be at least ten with Black Panther and Spiderman. I might only do the story stuff because the credits grind isn't too appealing. I don't understand why you only get credits for random levels on the hero challenge card, like reaching level 3, 10, 17 or whatever it is. It would make more sense if you got so many credits per mission or finishing a chain of missions like the current Red Room Takeover.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually just beat Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) on the Supreme Master difficulty setting. It was not easy at all. Probably one of the hardest games I have ever played, as you have to enter different codes at the Game Over screen to continue based on what level you're on.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I got Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS. I was hoping it was a 2D Mario game like the original Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Bros 3, but the game is always what I wished Super Mario 64 is. I'm only on World 1.
I got up to the castle in Special World 5 but you need more Star Coins than what I have to unlock it. Usually I try to unlock as much as I can before I say I'm done w/ a game, but I feel content w/ where I am. Great game. I recommend!

Not sure what game I want to play next or if I want a break for a bit. Possibilities: Lego Star Wars or Ocarina of Time or StarFox 64.......

Pokemon Go ^_^
Would you be willing to exchange trainer codes?

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I played Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) again last night and did surprisingly better this time, including finishing it without getting a Game Over and having to use the continue code. I did this on the Supreme Master difficulty setting and it's the first time that I've been able to do it. I did not even lose any lives during the maddeningly-difficult platforming sections.

I feel like that game should have had default continues rather than requiring a code to continue and no continues at the last level. It's way too difficult for most people to be able to get through.

Upvote 0

abandonentropy

There is nothing new under the sun
Mar 9, 2016
Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I played through the first Double Dragon (NES) today and am doing a playthrough of Castlevania (NES) at the moment. I've beaten both games before, so there is nothing new under the sun for me.

How are you playing them, emulation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I emulate them because my NES finally died a few years ago. At one point in time, I owned all of these games for the NES or SNES, so I had paid for them. But things happen and you either get hard-up for money or your consoles stop working, so you get rid of them or sell them.

Upvote 0

abandonentropy

There is nothing new under the sun
Mar 9, 2016
Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I emulate them because my NES finally died a few years ago. At one point in time, I owned all of these games for the NES or SNES, so I had paid for them. But things happen and you either get hard-up for money or your consoles stop working, so you get rid of them or sell them.

Yeah I know the feeling. Emulation is pretty big these days and I'm glad since it ensures those classics will be preserved.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a decent collection of ROMS of games that I used to own. All the A-list classics like Legend of Zelda/Adventure of Link, Marios 1, 2 & 3, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Double Dragon I & II and some others.

Upvote 0