Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Umm, no. Photons are not pulled in by extreme magnetism; they have no electric charge. They travel in a null geodesic, a term which generalizes the straight line in flat spacetime. Under the extreme gravitational field of the black hole spacetime is curved inward, and the resulting geodesic (shortest path between two points) is also curved.

...Photons don't accelerate, they travel at the constant speed of c...

No, they are refracted by those plasma halos - just as they are refracted by the earth's atmosphere. No need of fabricated inventions to explain what is an everyday experience.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/news/H-12-331.html#.V0Gld-RRaR4

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-s-hubble-finds-giant-halo-around-the-andromeda-galaxy

https://experts.umich.edu/en/public...aseous-halo-around-the-giant-spiral-galaxy-ng

Are you implying spacetime is an ether and is composed of something able to be bent? If so as with ether theories you are then required to justify applying the motions of a ponderable medium to it. If it is capable of being bent, expanded and accelerated, then the motions of a ponderable medium must then be justified - which the Michelson-Morley experiment ruled out.

I realize mainstream likes to ignore this, and apply the motions of a ponderable medium to it while pretending they rejected an ether for the very reason the motion of a ponderable medium could not be applied to it, but that is no reason for us to accept magic. They didn't want an ether, so Einstein gave them exactly what they wanted - magic - an ether that was not an ether yet capable of that very movement experiment rejected, and composed of nothing, so that motion did not need to be justified. Magic under any other name is still magic.

Why should I accept magic when the physical cause is now visible right in front of my eyes where it was not 100 years ago? Not to mention laboratory verification is now possible where it was not just a few years prior (see above post).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, how much debt are they in ? ( With a citation please )
I don't go against my boss, because I can afford to pay all my bills without resorting to illegal means. Satan doesn't exist, and neither does evil. I understand perfectly.

Exactly - you don't go against your boss because you wouldn't have a job if you did, but then you refuse to accept they do the same thing you just admitted to for the exact same reasons. People only want those that agree with their theory in their circle - not those that disagree.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Photons are not exactly at constant speed of c.

Latest discovery in astronomy "not all light" travel at the constant c.
Other than moving through other media such as air and water, do you have a source for that?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was for Gamma Ray Bursts in space. The high energy radiation was a little bit slower than the lower energy radiation.

http://www.universetoday.com/11889/high-energy-gamma-rays-go-slower-than-the-speed-of-light/
From the actual press release:
"the results need to be repeated with other gamma-ray sources ... a simpler explanation had not been ruled out"

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/gamma-ray-delay-may-be-sign-new-physics

I haven't found a copy of the actual paper or any follow on stuff.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
From the actual press release:
"the results need to be repeated with other gamma-ray sources ... a simpler explanation had not been ruled out"

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/gamma-ray-delay-may-be-sign-new-physics

I haven't found a copy of the actual paper or any follow on stuff.

I still found it quite interesting because of the mention of the "quantum foam" and its interaction with high energy radiation.

It's a curious concept for further experimentation. I think it could be used for space propulsion.

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I still found it quite interesting because of the mention of the "quantum foam" and its interaction with high energy radiation.

It's a curious concept for further experimentation. I think it could be used for space propulsion.
I'm not aware of any theory of quantum foam that would make it a candidate for propulsion systems.

Upvote 0

[serious]

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not aware of any theory of quantum foam that would make it a candidate for propulsion systems.

I have a working theory back in the early 2000's. It was experimentally proven. If you could "bend" the particles that constitute the Quantum Foam - without touching them, you can produce thrust. Seems too simplistic but that is basically its principle. Still haven't got the time to publish it, bummer! Still trying to figure out to increase thrust. And the involvement of gamma rays did caught my attention.

The AI is higher on my priority list at this point. Stop all work on it. The AI is more reasonable to achieve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0