Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The whole Bible....

Christ came to save us from what?

The law!

What law?

Gal 3:17 The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.....

What law came 430 years after God promised Abraham the heavenly Canaan (heaven) through faith?

Ex 12:41 At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all the LORD's divisions left Egypt....

Okay, so 430 years later God delivers Abraham's descendents from Egypt. What law was given the Jews?

Ex 19:1 In the third month after the Israelites left Egypt--on the very day--they came to the Desert of Sinai.

What law was given at Sinai?

The Ten Commandments!

We already went through this, that law was never given to gentiles....what does this law have to do with condemning gentiles?

7 “For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? 8 And what great nation is there that has such statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day?" - Deut. 4:7-8

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? - Galatians 2:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
2 Cor 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

The terms of the “old covenant” were, Obey and live: “If a man do, he shall even live in them” (Eze. 20:11; Lev. 18:5); but “cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them.” Deut. 27:26.

:):):) Overall, I agree with you....getting old and took me a little while, but looks good, was worth all your effort. Thank you again. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Good News.

:):):) We all know that "Christ Crucified" is the sum, the substance and the center of the gospel from which every part of the gospel radiates, in which all its parts meet, i.e., not trying to make myself look good, but trying to make the former look exponentially supreme! :thumbsup:

:):):) Could we say that the former "Good News" is God's means of grace? Just throwing this out there? So I guess the "Good News" is God's power of agape and grace toward a wretch like me? And even you? Where I'm going with this is, and my end point: :confused:

:):):) The "Good News" must be thought of in terms of power and the means of grace, i.e., the channel through which grace reaches me, and even you? We don't want to reduce this power down to watered down salt do we??? :amen:

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
as important as the birth of Christ is it was not included in Paul's definition of the Gospel

No, it was....

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 which he promised afore through his prophets in the holy scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead; even Jesus Christ our Lord,

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No, it was....

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 which he promised afore through his prophets in the holy scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead; even Jesus Christ our Lord,

:):):) ...will have to agree to disagree on how this Gospel is appropriated into men's hearts. Don't tell me there is someone else that cares for the Word of God? :confused: Unusual in today's time. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jasonsloss

Christian
Jan 5, 2013
California
✟8,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it was....

read the Gospel defined in 1 Corinthians 15 and then explain, because like I said the birth of Christ is very important but what did the birth of Christ fulfill

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
read the Gospel defined in 1 Corinthians 15 and then explain, because like I said the birth of Christ is very important but what did the birth of Christ fulfill

Without the incarnation (the blending of our humanity with Christ's Deity) Christ couldn't have qualified Himself to be the Savior of the world.

Upvote 0

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Without the incarnation (the blending of our humanity with Christ's Deity) Christ couldn't have qualified Himself to be the Savior of the world.

So that's the "birth" part.....

Once Christ as God assumed us then He lived a perfect life of obedience to His Father's law. This answered the first term of the law: obey & live

So far we have the "birth, life"....

At the cross Christ, as the son of man, experienced the 2nd death (the curse of the law). This answered the 2nd term: disobey & die

Now we have the "birth, life, death" of Christ.....

Sunday morning God raised Christ with a glorified humanity, free from mortality and indwelling sin.

Now we have the "birth, life, death and resurrection of Christ"

Because Christ, as God, assumed us He rewrote our history.

Hence "in Christ Jesus" we were made obedient and "in Him" we died the death the law demanded. Sunday morning God raised us up with Christ and we now are in heavenly places with Christ Jesus.

That's the gospel!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums