1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Eucharistic Prayer Is This?

Discussion in 'Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic' started by The Liturgist, Mar 13, 2022.

1. The Liturgist

The Liturgist Traditional, Liturgical, Wesleyan, Orthodox Supporter

+3,167
    United States
    Generic Orthodox Christian
    Celibate

At this lovely Reformation Sunday service held at Old North Church, a Eucharistic prayer was used which didn’t seem to correspond to any in the 1979 BCP. I even looked at Common Worship. Perhaps I missed something. The priest did say he and many congregants were originally of Lutheran backgrounds, so I am wondering if it is a Lutheran prayer, or if I misread the BCP, or what?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+3,725
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I found the text of this Eucharistic Prayer in several different church bulletins, mostly Lutheran. Eventually I found one that credited its source. (Good for you, Holy Spirit Lutheran Church of Lancaster, PA, for citing your sources!) The source they cite is: "Eucharistic Prayer from Pray, Praise, and Give Thanks: A Collection of Litanies, Laments, and Thanksgivings at Font and Table by Gail Ramshaw, copyright © 2017 Augsburg Fortress. All rights reserved. Reproduced by permission."

The church bulletin is here: May 2, 2021 – Holy Spirit Lutheran Church

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List