What does the RM believe about the end times/Christ's 2nd Coming?

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most Restoration Movement Churches believe that most of the book of Revelation is symbolic and took place during the Roman times. Only chapters 21 and 22 are futuristic. The Roman persecution of Christians was the Tribulation.

Upvote 0

judson1982

Apr 15, 2018
Grenada, MS
✟12,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you would say they are a-mil?
Most Restoration Movement Churches believe that most of the book of Revelation is symbolic and took place during the Roman times. Only chapters 21 and 22 are futuristic. The Roman persecution of Christians was the Tribulation.

Upvote 0

judson1982

Apr 15, 2018
Grenada, MS
✟12,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We really don't use words like that.
Well, then, what words do you use? Do you believe that the churches in Revelation 2 and 3 are representative of Christianity from the time of Christ's resurrection until the present day? Do you believe in a rapture of all Christians that precedes a 7-year tribulation where the Antichrist comes to power? Do you believe that what has happened concerning the nation of Israel the past 70 years is a precursor to the return of Jesus? Do you believe in a Millenial kingdom that follows the aforementioned 7-year tribulation, with the eternal state happening afterwards? Those are things I have heard for 34 years as a Christian.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, then, what words do you use? Do you believe that the churches in Revelation 2 and 3 are representative of Christianity from the time of Christ's resurrection until the present day? Do you believe in a rapture of all Christians that precedes a 7-year tribulation where the Antichrist comes to power? Do you believe that what has happened concerning the nation of Israel the past 70 years is a precursor to the return of Jesus? Do you believe in a Millenial kingdom that follows the aforementioned 7-year tribulation, with the eternal state happening afterwards? Those are things I have heard for 34 years as a Christian.

I can't speak for all Restoration Movement churches, but I can give you my understanding of things. I have been a member of all three major Restoration Churches: Disciples of Christ Christians Church, The independent Christian Church and Churches of Christ. I am currently a member of the Churches of Christ.

Your first question about the Churches of Revelation most believe that they are representative of the Church of their time, but can be representative of the Church of any time or place.

About the rapture, most believe in an end time resurrection of all souls.

As for the Antichrist most do not believe he is just one person, they are people, governments, systems, movements that are against Christ.

The tribulation happened during Roman times.

The 1000 year Kingdom is symbolic of the Church today, Numbers in the Bible have symbolic meaning like 3 and 7 are representative of God.
1000 is representative of a long period of time.

Most members are very Pro-Israel, but Israel is no longer God's Chosen people. The Church is God's Chosen people today.

Upvote 0