fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is there a part in the bible the speaks of cheating or dealing with one another honostly?

Thanks alot and God Bless.

Deuteronomy 25:15-16
You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. For the LORD your God detests anyone who does these things, anyone who deals dishonestly.

Leviticus 19:11
Do not steal.
Do not lie.
Do not deceive one another.

Leviticus 19:35-36a
Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity. Use honest scales and honest weights, an honest ephah and an honest hin.

Proverbs 16:11
Honest scales and balances are from the LORD;
all the weights in the bag are of his making.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear IbanezUser

The above posts have answered your question but has raised another question.

Why aren't you reading GOD'S WORD. There is no short cut to receiving the message HE has for you.

If your going on a long trip to an unknown destination you will read a map in order to get there. Well the Bible is your road map to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

You will never be sorry you did. Read it as many times as it takes that you will know what it's going to say next time. Then it is locked in your heart.

You will draw from this for the rest of your life.

DO IT AND REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

sistakrista

PLEASE, PLEASE FEED YOUR PET! THEY ARE HUNGRY!
Aug 30, 2006
by the Arch
✟11,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ibanezuser,

As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
(Eph. 4:14, 15 NAS)

Upvote 0

IbanezUser

Jul 15, 2006
✟15,567.00
Faith
Christian
oh no, I read the bible and I know the bible say's not to lie and I knew in the back of my mind that it says in one of the books of moses to deal honostly with one another but I just didn't the the verse and how the bible say's it. But fishstix post helped me so much thanks alot fishstix.

Thanks alot to everyone who posted up here to help me out, God Bless you!

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if everybody else does it, we are not to.
If someone steals your coat give him also your shirt.

Forgive your brother 7 x 70 was in response to Peter trying to get by with as little as possible or be slightly better than your average Jew. We are to go above and beyond in matters of honesty and Love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Dear IbanezUser

The above posts have answered your question but has raised another question.

Why aren't you reading GOD'S WORD. There is no short cut to receiving the message HE has for you.

If your going on a long trip to an unknown destination you will read a map in order to get there. Well the Bible is your road map to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

You will never be sorry you did. Read it as many times as it takes that you will know what it's going to say next time. Then it is locked in your heart.

You will draw from this for the rest of your life.

DO IT AND REMEMBER:

Leave him alone, he's got better things to do than sift through countless material to find one verse.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leave him alone, he's got better things to do than sift through countless material to find one verse.
Dear Lumen

Might you give me an idea of just what these better thing are???

Is your idea of reading GOD'S WORD as:

" sift through countless material "

I know your very young and lack TRUTH, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING but it is by reading GOD'S WORD that we GROW.

If you just read 2 pages a day and more if possible you will find GOD'S WORD is NOT countless.

EVEN WHEN YOUR VERY YOUNG YOU NEED TO REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Lumen

Might you give me an idea of just what these better thing are???

Is your idea of reading GOD'S WORD as:

" sift through countless material "

I know your very young and lack TRUTH, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING but it is by reading GOD'S WORD that we GROW.

If you just read 2 pages a day and more if possible you will find GOD'S WORD is NOT countless.

EVEN WHEN YOUR VERY YOUNG YOU NEED TO REMEMBER:

No, but when you're trying to locate one specific verse, it is a waste of time to look through at least 1000 pages to try and find what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but when you're trying to locate one specific verse, it is a waste of time to look through at least 1000 pages to try and find what you're looking for.

Dear Lumen

It can and should NEVER call looking through GOD'S WORD a waste of time!!!

You can not give GOD'S WORD to much reverence!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

IbanezUser

Jul 15, 2006
✟15,567.00
Faith
Christian
Guys you don't got fight about it. We are all in one body and that is the body of Christ. The Bible say's if it be possible live Peaceably with all men.

Also in James 4:6 and 1Peter 5:5 it's Say's

that, "God resisth the Proud and Gives Grace to the Humble." Let's put down our pride so we can be a good witness to Christ, and that we can stop the foolish utterance of men, by good works, As the bible says.

God Bless you's, and remeber the words of Jesus, when he said to forgive your Brother, when you pray so that God can forgive you

But if you don't forgive your brother neither with God forgive you. Jesus never said it will be easy to do this but the way he puts it it's very simple and plain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys you don't got fight about it. We are all in one body and that is the body of Christ. The Bible say's if it be possible live Peaceably with all men.

Also in James 4:6 and 1Peter 5:5 it's Say's

that, "God resisth the Proud and Gives Grace to the Humble." Let's put down our pride so we can be a good witness to Christ, and that we can stop the foolish utterance of men, by good works, As the bible says.

God Bless you's, and remeber the words of Jesus, when he said to forgive your Brother, when you pray so that God can forgive you

But if you don't forgive your brother neither with God forgive you. Jesus never said it will be easy to do this but the way he puts it it's very simple and plain.
Dear IbanezUser

Where do you find a fight???

If what your referring to is:
" an elder instructing the young " a fight you are very mistaken.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Dear IbanezUser

Where do you find a fight???

If what your referring to is:
" an elder instructing the young " a fight you are very mistaken.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Haha, "elder instructing the young". You can have your opinion, but regardless of it being God's word I still say it's a waste of time. Not a waste of time to read it, but if you're looking for a specific verse it's a waste of time to look through the whole bible, something that could take hours, to find that one verse. Maybe you have limitless time to waste, but some of us don't.

Upvote 0