Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your welcome :) I just noticed we got into the Second Thread of this great subject :)

All honors to Aviela who got inspired to create this very awesome Idea :)

Today prayer is for my engagement about everybody is supposed to is my parents are angry at me and about the only happy people are some great friends my brother and her parents! :eek:

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Early on in my faith, I was very formal and straight to the point with my prayers. It was as if I was placing an order for something, and I would speak in a very "To whom it may concern." tone of voice.

As the time has rolled by, it feels like I'm talking to a best friend or a parent. I'll talk about things that I'm worried about, but I'll also have a laugh and a joke with him. All in the context of prayer of course, I'm not hosting one man dinner parties...

Well, not yet anyway.

Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Early on in my faith, I was very formal and straight to the point with my prayers. It was as if I was placing an order for something, and I would speak in a very "To whom it may concern." tone of voice.

As the time has rolled by, it feels like I'm talking to a best friend or a parent. I'll talk about things that I'm worried about, but I'll also have a laugh and a joke with him. All in the context of prayer of course, I'm not hosting one man dinner parties...

Well, not yet anyway.

:thumbsup: that sound great and a bit familiar :)

Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have a mental defect because I have a faith - and that came from one of my best friends.

Praying in agreement.

lol ^_^ I mean to them we seem brainwashed etc. I've heard a lot of them.. it must hurt though to hear it from such a good friend..

Praying for your friend too.

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
very nice :) Thanks for sharing this....

I'd like to share a prayer that I wrote:

Prayer For Home And Family

Shed, Oh Lord, Thy Shining Light
Upon this household, day and night
Help us, Lord, to love each other
Father, Mother, Sister, Brother
Guide us, Lord, along our way
As we go about our tasks each day
Create in us a gallant heart
Watch over us when we must part
Be with us through every stress
Help us, Lord, to pass the test
When it is difficult to cope
Be our ever present hope
Let our courage never fail
As we weather every gale
Help us to tell Thy wondrous story
And bring us, at last, unto Thy glory
All this, according to Thy word
We ask through Jesus Christ Our Lord

AMEN

http://www.christianforums.com/f234/

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can relate to this too. :)

Prayer for me is a feeling of deep connectedness to the One that I love that sometimes I don't need to say anything. Maybe that's because I have never been in the habit of asking which entails long prayers of beseaching and such. I like prayers of thanks because there's always so much to be thankful for. Tonight I thank Him for His awesome presence in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your welcome :) I just noticed we got into the Second Thread of this great subject :)

All honors to Aviela who got inspired to create this very awesome Idea :)

Today prayer is for my engagement about everybody is supposed to is my parents are angry at me and about the only happy people are some great friends my brother and her parents! :eek:

Thanks....God is good and great inspiration.

I am continuing to pray for you and all other as well. :hug:

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well, not yet anyway.

So cool. :cool: thanks for your honesty. I was raised in a Christian home that wasn't very healthy and it gave me a warp idea of authority and what God was. It wasn't until I was at my wits end years back and blurted out very honestly to God what was going on in my mind and my heart that I was able to truly feel close to God and really see Him as a loving Father. I'm so glad I dared to take the chance and opened up to God in a raw way. I've discovered God is a very loving Father. This is a huge reason why prayer and this thread is important to me. So good to experience this real realtionship wtih God.

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
345012-albums5733-49067.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So cool. :cool: thanks for your honesty. I was raised in a Christian home that wasn't very healthy and it gave me a warp idea of authority and what God was. It wasn't until I was at my wits end years back and blurted out very honestly to God what was going on in my mind and my heart that I was able to truly feel close to God and really see Him as a loving Father. I'm so glad I dared to take the chance and opened up to God in a raw way. I've discovered God is a very loving Father. This is a huge reason why prayer and this thread is important to me. So good to experience this real realtionship wtih God.

:cool: I am so blessed to have that feeling so young. I think God should be preached as love and as authority as a loving authority who hears us pray :)

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks praying for you too :hug: are you improving bit by bit?

Yes, thanks. :) :hug: my knee and health is getting better and mending as much as can be expectped. on one crutch now and getting better.

My heart has found healing too. Progress through prayer. :amen:

Hope you have been well?

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:cool: I am so blessed to have that feeling so young. I think God should be preached as love and as authority as a loving authority who hears us pray :)

So true... can be hard to see if we experience some horrific things but I think we all have a purpose and I keep remembering the story of Joseph.... people can mean things for evil but God uses it for good. ...helps if we have love and encouragement along the way.

Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thanks. :) :hug: my knee and health is getting better and mending as much as can be expectped. on one crutch now and getting better.

My heart has found healing too. Progress through prayer. :amen:

Hope you have been well?

Great, I hope you will soon be back here full again :) I've been doing okay, I got engaged as you could read earlier I got engaged to the best girl in the whole world ;) and I'm sure it is God's way just wish everybody else would see that too. we had quite some people we love oppose to it.

Been increasing in prayer life which is a good thing :)

So true... can be hard to see if we experience some horrific things but I think we all have a purpose and I keep remembering the story of Joseph.... people can mean things for evil but God uses it for good. ...helps if we have love and encouragement along the way.

Yeah indeed that helps I just posted this in another thread.
"To all of you who are always ready for those who really need you. Thanks for that without you the world would be a total mess :thumbsup:"

Reactions: Aviela
Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great, I hope you will soon be back here full again :) I've been doing okay, I got engaged as you could read earlier I got engaged to the best girl in the whole world ;) and I'm sure it is God's way just wish everybody else would see that too. we had quite some people we love oppose to it.

Been increasing in prayer life which is a good thing :)

Yeah indeed that helps I just posted this in another thread.
"To all of you who are always ready for those who really need you. Thanks for that without you the world would be a total mess :thumbsup:"

Wow, life has been full for you! Congratulations! :thumbsup: I tell myself..if it is God's will it will work out and other people, who are not God, will just have to adjust. :D

Thanks ... glad you are a part of these threads... encouraging.

Upvote 0