Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, since you assert that God does sometimes answer petitionary/intercessory prayer, please 'explain' why He seems to skip over amputees and Down's syndrome every single time? If you can provide an adequate response, or virtually any relevant response for starters, that would be great. You continue to out-right dodge it.

You can't see how lame this is, really? It works better without the request for a demonstration however.

Come on though.

More seriously, I think you should reconsider your examples. There are a lot of rather insensitive assumptions built into them.

I'm going to stick with mine: Does God ever heal people of serious illnesses and the like, after prayer - ? Maybe? I don't know for sure. Some people say so. I've never witnessed it. A useful starting point would be to establish whether or not things that might be considered supernatural ever happen. I invite you to read this article and let me know what you think about it:
The Psychiatrist Who Believed People Could Tell the Future

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
You can't see how lame this is, really? It works better without the request for a demonstration however.

Come on though.

More seriously, I think you should reconsider your examples. There are a lot of rather insensitive assumptions built into them.

I'm going to stick with mine: Does God ever heal people of serious illnesses and the like, after prayer - ? Maybe? I don't know for sure. Some people say so. I've never witnessed it. A useful starting point would be to establish whether or not things that might be considered supernatural ever happen. I invite you to read this article and let me know what you think about it:
The Psychiatrist Who Believed People Could Tell the Future

Post #320

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Jesus absolutely has made a promise on how a prayer is supposed to work. But, since the prayer doesn't work, Christians came up with all sorts of 'definitions' where the text doesn't mean what it says.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Well, lets see. This text, very conveniently for Christians, doesn't apply to modern Christians when they pray for anything that ends up failing. But, when a Christian, who gets sick with incurable illness, gets healed, then, voila, Mark 11:24 is literal again and surely does apply to modern Christians.

Clearly your position makes perfect sense. That's the position I would have taken too, had I remained a Christian.

images

Upvote 0