WHAT DOES JOHN 3:3 MEANS TO BELIEVERS TODAY ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not teaching baptism for the dead.
There may be a number of things the early Christians did which Paul tolerated or did not consider a
serious deviation.

Yes, apparently Paul acknowledges that some practiced this.
Perhaps in some unknown letter he said more about it one way or another.

On this account though I would not make a major matter of fighting against all water baptisms of Christians.
If Paul is not teaching Baptism from the Dead , in 1 Cor 15:29 , what does Baptism from the DEAD mean ??

I say that there is and answer , in Rom 6:3 and 4 !!

your thoughts , here ??

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Paul is not teaching Baptism from the Dead , in 1 Cor 15:29 , what does Baptism from the DEAD mean ??
I didn't write "baptism from the dead" did I? Typo?
I wrote "baptism for the dead". That means some of the Christians must have been having someone (maybe themselves) baptized
on behalf of some departed loved one.

A few years ago I read of Orthodox Jews who were incensed at people having themselves baptized in a hope
that it was on behalf of some Jewish person they hoped would become a Christian.

Now I may have the details not exact. And it may have been Mormons or Messianic Christians. I cannot remember for sure.
But it struck me as maybe similar to what Paul faced in Corinth. That is people baptizing the living on behalf of people
they could no longer reach (because they had died).

your thoughts , here ??

dan p
Let me take some time. I absolutely love Romans chapter six. Actually I love the whole letter.
While I pause please enjoy a song I sing from this chapter.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First Corinthians assures us that some in Corinth were practicing baptisms for departed people they could no longer
get opportunity to do anything or say anything to.

"Otherwise what shall they who are baptized for the dead do?
If the dead are actually not raised, why then are they baptized for them?" (1 Cor. 15:29)

There is not enough there to prove that Paul taught it or just tolerated it because some had the hope such
in abstentia baptisms God would accept. He is using the practice to reinforce what was absolutely his gospel teaching-

Christ rose from the dead.

your thoughts , here ??

dan p

Romans 6:3,4 -
Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life.

You ask about a whole lot which we could discuss for a long time.

I want you to imagine a special beverage. This beverage is 1,000 times better than orange juice.
This miracle drink imagine contains ALL the nutrients and vitamins you need to be perfectly healthy.
It is extrememly healthy like no other beverage that ever existed.
Let's call it "Super Juice."

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is like this if we utilize Him well.
He contains the uncreated God.
He contains the incarnated God.
He contains thirty-three and one half years perfect human living.
His perfect submission to the Father is there.
His endominable faith is there.
He contains all His work and Person;s effectiveness.
He contains the life and DEATH and resurrection and ascension of Christ and His rolya enthronement.

Paul pioneered living in this Spirit. Paul said this Spirit had a "bountiful supply" of EVERYTHING a man needs to live.
Paul in terrible circumstances can endure and do all benefit from
. . . the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, (Phil. 6:4)

Anxiety? It killed off.
Self pity? It is terminated.
Doubt? It is buried in a coffin.
Anger? It is nullified.
All that is left over is the resurrected Christ.

Everything that plagues him in a negative way from his fallen nature has been crucified by enjoying His immersion into
the Spirit of Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Christ has an inexhaustable bountiful supply of everything he needs to be a victorious Christian

He does not want the other Christians to be IGNORANT of what he has experienced by faith.
He wants them to know that being plunged into the Person of Jesus Christ is to have at their disposal
all He accomplished and attained. It can all spread through their being. The killing off power of His
death can kill off germs of every kind ruining their spiritual walk.

They can kill of certain bad things because of Christ;s death.
They can bury certain bad things because of His burial.
They can be raised to a new life because of union with Christ.

For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves; (vs. 5,6)

This realization, the he could apply the death of Christ to ALL of his undesireable traits of the fallen Adamic soul
he GREW to understand more and more.

He does not want them to be ignorant of this tremendous benefit of Christ's finished work
And he wants them also to GROW in this enjoyment.

For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death,
indeed we will also be [in the growing] in the likeness of His resurrection,

Romans chapter EIGHT is the continuation of chapter SIX in practical terms.
Romans chapter SEVEN is a paranthesis of sorts, an important divine sidenote.
Romans EIGHT all about the
Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is the practical way the believers can begin to experience
the promises of chapter SIX.

That is why I compared the Spirit of Christ to a grand all-inclusive drink which has all the vitamins and nutrients one could need.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First Corinthians assures us that some in Corinth were practicing baptisms for departed people they could no longer
get opportunity to do anything or say anything to.

"Otherwise what shall they who are baptized for the dead do?
If the dead are actually not raised, why then are they baptized for them?" (1 Cor. 15:29)

There is not enough there to prove that Paul taught it or just tolerated it because some had the hope such
in abstentia baptisms God would accept. He is using the practice to reinforce what was absolutely his gospel teaching-

Christ rose from the dead.

Romans 6:3,4 -
Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life.

You ask about a whole lot which we could discuss for a long time.

I want you to imagine a special beverage. This beverage is 1,000 times better than orange juice.
This miracle drink imagine contains ALL the nutrients and vitamins you need to be perfectly healthy.
It is extrememly healthy like no other beverage that ever existed.
Let's call it "Super Juice."

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is like this if we utilize Him well.
He contains the uncreated God.
He contains the incarnated God.
He contains thirty-three and one half years perfect human living.
His perfect submission to the Father is there.
His endominable faith is there.
He contains all His work and Person;s effectiveness.
He contains the life and DEATH and resurrection and ascension of Christ and His rolya enthronement.

Paul pioneered living in this Spirit. Paul said this Spirit had a "bountiful supply" of EVERYTHING a man needs to live.
Paul in terrible circumstances can endure and do all benefit from
. . . the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, (Phil. 6:4)

Anxiety? It killed off.
Self pity? It is terminated.
Doubt? It is buried in a coffin.
Anger? It is nullified.
All that is left over is the resurrected Christ.

Everything that plagues him in a negative way from his fallen nature has been crucified by enjoying His immersion into
the Spirit of Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Christ has an inexhaustable bountiful supply of everything he needs to be a victorious Christian

He does not want the other Christians to be IGNORANT of what he has experienced by faith.
He wants them to know that being plunged into the Person of Jesus Christ is to have at their disposal
all He accomplished and attained. It can all spread through their being. The killing off power of His
death can kill off germs of every kind ruining their spiritual walk.

They can kill of certain bad things because of Christ;s death.
They can bury certain bad things because of His burial.
They can be raised to a new life because of union with Christ.

For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we should no longer serve sin as slaves; (vs. 5,6)

This realization, the he could apply the death of Christ to ALL of his undesireable traits of the fallen Adamic soul
he GREW to understand more and more.

He does not want them to be ignorant of this tremendous benefit of Christ's finished work
And he wants them also to GROW in this enjoyment.

For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death,
indeed we will also be [in the growing] in the likeness of His resurrection,

Romans chapter EIGHT is the continuation of chapter SIX in practical terms.
Romans chapter SEVEN is a paranthesis of sorts, an important divine sidenote.
Romans EIGHT all about the
Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is the practical way the believers can begin to experience
the promises of chapter SIX.

That is why I compared the Spirit of Christ to a grand all-inclusive drink which has all the vitamins and nutrients one could need.
Will reply on Saturday as I have to go now , and give your thoughts as to What , Rom 6:3 and 4 mean and you will have the ANSWER as to 1 Cor 15:29 really means ,

Use BLUE LETTER BIBLE on what BAPTISM /BAPTISMA really means !!

dan p

dan p

Upvote 0