Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was reading through the bible the other day and stumbled upon Matthew 10:32-33. Verse 33 states that if one denies God in front of men, Jesus will deny him infront of his father. I guess what my question is, what is the difference between Peter's denial of Jesus and the denial of God in this verse. Peter denied Jesus three times, but God forgave him. Is denying God forgivable? Will Peter be denied in heaven? Or is it only forgivable if the person repents? Thanks in advance!

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I was reading through the bible the other day and stumbled upon Matthew 10:32-33. Verse 33 states that if one denies God in front of men, Jesus will deny him infront of his father. I guess what my question is, what is the difference between Peter's denial of Jesus and the denial of God in this verse. Peter denied Jesus three times, but God forgave him. Is denying God forgivable? Will Peter be denied in heaven? Or is it only forgivable if the person repents? Thanks in advance!

Jesus is our advocate, our mediator to God. If we deny God, we give Jesus no choice but to deny us to Him. It is reversible, however. If we profess God, Jesus will profess us to God, as our advocate. Yes, it is forgivable, but flip-flopping is like calling wolf one too many times.

• Agree
Reactions: flowergirl67
Upvote 0

flowergirl67

May 17, 2020
Goodlettsville
✟10,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is our advocate, our mediator to God. If we deny God, we give Jesus no choice but to deny us to Him. It is reversible, however. If we profess God, Jesus will profess us to God, as our advocate. Yes, it is forgivable, but flip-flopping is like calling wolf one too many times.
That makes sense a lot more sense, thank you!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Peter's denial was actually prophesied...

Matt 26:31
31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of Me this night: for it is written, 'I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.'

KJV

Zech 13:7
7 Awake, O sword, against My shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn Mine hand upon the little ones.

KJV

Evidently, to preserve the lives of Christ's Apostles, for their later commission in The Gospel, most of them did not remain for Christ's crucifixion. If Peter had admitted he was with Jesus, the chief priests would likely have crucified Peter also. So Peter's denial 3 times I don't think can be seen as coming from his soul, but was a way God caused for Peter's protection.

Upvote 0