What does everyone thing about the Catholic priest molestation scandal and cover-up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally feel that if Catholic priests didn't have to be celebant but could marry perhaps their interest in pedophilia wouldn't be as much of an issue. No one can be certain of that but I do know the bible says that it is better to marry than to burn in your own lust.

1 Corinthians 7 says " Some of you say it is not good for a man to have sex with a woman." But since there is so much sexual sin, each man should have his own wife. And each woman her own husband. A husband should satify his wife's sexual needs. And a wife should satify he husband's needs. (That passage comes from the NIrV bible).

I never understood where Catholics got from the bible that people of the cloth can't marry. I think restriction like that is just an open door for things such as this. And I went to Catholic Schools practically my whole life, and priests molesting kids was not a secret to me because I was aware of it. It was just well hidden from outsiders (non-catholics) because none of the higher ups wanted Catholism to be tarnished.

I just think it is ironic how we rarely hear about any molestations coming from ministers that can and do marry.

Those are just my thoughts..what does everyone else think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.