What do you want?

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
Here is something we can all work on together. We all have at some time said, "Lord, I wish I had this or that." Why don't we make a list of the three most important things you or somebody else (to protect the guilty. LOL) wish they had. It does not matter if someone else has posted the same thing. I will start.

1. Peace on earth
2. No more disease
3. No more endemic poverty.

When the popcorn stops popping I will compile them all into a list showing how many times each choice was posted.

T

TrustAndObey

HoneyDew said:
A way to be much more fit without diet and exercise

hehe, that made me giggle! I guess we all really want that one huh?

I can't say I'd do away with wars and rumors of wars. The Bible tells us they MUST happen. Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. & Mark 13:7 - And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

It just means we're closer to Christ returning! (But I know it's still hard).

1. I'd like the freedom to do missionary work and travel (so I guess this is a wish for more money to be able to do those things).
2. I wish I was a better witness to Christ's love. I have received wonderful blessings from our Savior and I love to share them, but when I see that "look" people give me when I start talking about Christ, I freeze. I need to remember what it was like to "be there" and warm people up.
3. I wish for a double helping of the Holy Spirit when the Latter Rain falls so that I can become a witness with almost superhero powers! :) Along with that I wish for enough angels to do the harvesting when the earth is ripe for Christ to come back.

Love and blessings,
~Lainie

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
TrustAndObey said:
I can't say I'd do away with wars and rumors of wars. The Bible tells us they MUST happen. Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. & Mark 13:7 - And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
But it did not say how much of wars and rumors of wars we must have. This prophecy has already been fulfilled a thousand times over. Wanting this would not be an insult to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TrustAndObey

I was simply pasting what the Bible says about war and rumors of war. I do not personally condone ANY war, and anyone that knows me, knows that.

Some pretty ugly stuff has to happen and we really are powerless to stop it. It's prophecy. If it didn't happen, our Savior would never come back. I wasn't attacking anyone's wish for it NOT to happen, I was just reassuring them that the Bible says we should not be troubled by it because it has to come to pass.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
payattention said:
It appears I needed to make it plain that I was simply addressing T&O's concern that "these things must come to pass."

I stand by my comment.

This was a thread where you asked what people want....that's it.

Your critiquing, nor your concern were asked for nor were they warranted in my humble opinion.

As for "must come to pass"? That's a true statement found right there in scripture. There are things that "must come to pass". So why would you be concerned about that?

It seems to have become a habit, that no matter what someone posts, it's critiqued or taken apart. I simply don't think that that is always necessary. Especially under a thread that is supposed to contain a "wish list".

Upvote 0

jonno

Sep 6, 2005
✟15,279.00
Faith
Christian
This fighting seems to be developing on almost every thread. So depressing.
Another 3 wishes for me if it will not cause another world war.
1. Less nitpicking, flaming and personal attacks on this forum. (one can only wish...right)
Daveleau has closed quite a few threads in this forum. Busy man our Dave.( Now I suppose someone will reply to excuse him/herself and explain why.)
2.Some of your stars in our flag, we dont have any.
3.Honor and Stormy to get married,have many babies and live happily ever .
Now:
Whats the thread that runs thru all these wishes.

Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

jonno said:
This fighting seems to be developing on almost every thread. So depressing.
Another 3 wishes for me if it will not cause another world war.
1. Less nitpicking, flaming and personal attacks on this forum. (one can only wish...right)
Daveleau has closed quite a few threads in this forum. Busy man our Dave.( Now I suppose someone will reply to excuse him/herself and explain why.)
2.Some of your stars in our flag, we dont have any.
3.Honor and Stormy to get married,have many babies and live happily ever .
Now:
Whats the thread that runs thru all these wishes.

:D I'll officiate. This is the second instance of someone wanting to (re)marry Stormy. His wife would have a fit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.