What do you think the Mark of the Beast is?? And what is sin about it?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You said...………….
"immediately after the tribulation of those days... He will send forth His angels to gather His elect" Matthew 24 -- it appears that the rapture happens after the great tribulation.

NOPE. That is Biblically incorrect.

Since that is a quote of Matthew 24 -- it is impossible to be "Biblically incorrect" - by definition. Someone may not agree with it - but that alone does not make a quote of scripture "Biblically incorrect"

YOU are welcome to believe that,

Thanks for that - I love to believe Matthew 24

but it is not the truth of God's Word. You have not posted the correct Scriptures as those words you posted are not found in Matthew 28.

It was a typo - I meant Matt 24.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The church is Raptured 7 years before Armageddon

No such text.

You are simply "quoting you".

You said...……..
"But in Rev 10 the point in time when the book of Daniel is unsealed is pointed to."

NOPE!

yep.

The sealed book - is opened.

I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; 2 and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land; 3 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder uttered their voices. 4 When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.” 5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven, 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there will be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.

We are NOT living in Revelation today my friend.

Yes we are.

Rev 12 describes the birth of Christ and the 1260 years of dark ages persecution of the saints.

That 1260 year period of persecution is also mentioned in Daniel 7, Rev 11, Rev 12, Rev 13

We are now living after the birth of Christ and after the dark ages.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You said...………….
"immediately after the tribulation of those days... He will send forth His angels to gather His elect" Matthew 28 -- it appears that the rapture happens after the great tribulation.

NOPE. That is Biblically incorrect.

You are incorrect. The rapture has always been after the second coming and resurrection:

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: (the second coming) and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the resurrection of the dead in Christ)
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:(the rapture) and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are incorrect. The rapture has always been after the second coming and resurrection:

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: (the second coming) and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (the resurrection of the dead in Christ)
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:(the rapture) and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Of course, I can not agree with your opinion. You are welcome to it and I will not argue with you about it.

! Thess 4:16 which you quoted is actually the Rapture.

Notice in verse 16 that "caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air".

Jesus DOES NOT TOUCH THE GROUND! We go up to meet HIM.

Now read Zecheriah 14: 1-4...………..
"Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. "

At the end of the age, at Armegeddon when Jesus comes the 2nd Time, His FEET touch the ground.

Again, you are wecome to and can certainly believe as you think, but I believe there is a pre-tribulation Rapture.
The Bible must see the Rapture (Jn. 14:1-4; I Cor. 15:51-58; 1 Thes. 4:13-18) and the Second Coming (Zech. 14:1-21; Matt. 24:29-31; Mk. 13:24-27; Lk. 21:25-27; Rev. 19) as separate events, because when the verses are compared they describe two very different scenarios:

1. Rapture — believers meet Christ in the air
    Second Coming — Christ returns to the Mount of Olives to meet the believers on earth

2. Rapture — Mount of Olives is unchanged
    Second Coming — Mount of Olives is divided, forming a valley east of Jerusalem

3. Rapture — living believers obtain glorified bodies
    Second Coming — living believers remain in same bodies

4. Rapture — believers go to heaven
    Second Coming — glorified believers come from heaven, earthly believers stay on earth

5. Rapture — world left unjudged and living in sin
    Second Coming — world is judged and righteousness is established

6. Rapture — depicts deliverance of the Church from wrath
    Second Coming — depicts deliverance of believers who endured wrath

7. Rapture — no signs precede it
    Second Coming — many signs precede it

8. Rapture — revealed only in New Testament
    Second Coming — revealed in both Old and New Testaments

9. Rapture — deals with only the saved
    Second Coming — deals with both the saved and unsaved

10. Rapture — Satan remains free
    Second Coming — Satan is bound and thrown into the Abyss
Since the Rapture and Second Coming clearly are different events that do not occur at the same time, this would rule out a Post-Tribulation Rapture scenario.
Why I Believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture | Rapture | Lamb and Lion Ministries

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No such text.

You are simply "quoting you".

yep.

The sealed book - is opened.

I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; 2 and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land; 3 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder uttered their voices. 4 When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.” 5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven, 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there will be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.

Yes we are.

Rev 12 describes the birth of Christ and the 1260 years of dark ages persecution of the saints.

That 1260 year period of persecution is also mentioned in Daniel 7, Rev 11, Rev 12, Rev 13

We are now living after the birth of Christ and after the dark ages.

That is incorrect my dear friend. NO to the comment of Rev. 12 being Christ. Rev. 12 is actually the birth of ISRAEL. The “woman” represents Israel, and her “child” is Christ, the Messiah.

The woman is not the church, and is NOT MARY the mother of Jesus since the church did not bring forth Christ, but rather He brought forth the church. Her identification as the persecuted Jewish saints clearly proves that the church is not on earth during the Tribulation period. The “sun” depicts her as God’s chosen nation. The “moon under her feet” alludes to God’s promise of dominion, and the “crown of twelve stars” pictures royalty and relates to the 12 tribes of Israel. The “birth” pains refer to the period before the birth of Christ when Israel was waiting for redemption by the Messiah (compare Rom. 8:22-23).

“Clothed with the sun … moon under her feet … twelve stars” (compare Gen. 37:9-11). Being clothed with the sun speaks of the glory, dignity, and exalted status of Israel, the people of promise who will be saved and given a kingdom. The picture of the moon under her feet possibly describes God’s covenant relationship with Israel, since new moons were associated with worship (1 Chron. 23:31; 2 Chron. 2:4; 8:13; Ezra 3:5; Psalm 81:3). The 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel.

The sun reflects redeemed Israel's unique glory, brilliance and dignity because of her exulted status and shows her as God's chosen nation.

The moon under her feet alludes to God's promise of dominion, and the crown of twelve stars’ pictures royalty and relates to the 12 tribes of Israel. Go to (Genesis 37:9-11), and read about the dream Joseph had about the sun, moon and 11 stars which were bowing down to Joseph (who was the 12th).

Though this scene opens in heaven, it will quickly move to the earth.
Revelation Chapter 12 Explained

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
! Thess 4:16 which you quoted is actually the Rapture.

No, 4:17 is the rapture.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul used the Greek word for rapture, "harpazo" and he says it happens after the second coming and resurrection so a pre-trib rapture is impossible since it can only happen after the trib is ended which is the second coming. This is the only passage where the word rapture is even used and Paul gives the timeframe and it isn't before the trib begins.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul used the Greek word for rapture, "harpazo" and he says it happens after the second coming and resurrection so a pre-trib rapture is impossible since it can only happen after the trib is ended which is the second coming. This is the only passage where the word rapture is even used and Paul gives the timeframe and it isn't before the trib begins.

You are correct in that it is the Rapture. You are incorrect on WHEN!
The Rapture is at the then beginning of the 7 year Tribulation and NOT AT THE END.

The Rapture can not happen at the 2nd Coming. That is very, non-Biblical my dear brother.

Matt. 24:36...………….
"But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only".

Matt. 24:44...………..
"In such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes".

In contrast to the unknown day, we also read about a known day. The 1260 days (Revelation 12:6) coincides with the 42 months (Revelation 13:5) or three and one-half years (Revelation 12:14). Unlike schemes of today that pretend to predict the time of the trumpet sound, this future timetable has a clear starting point, a clear duration, and a clear ending point. It begins at the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15–16), and it ends at the return of Christ (Revelation 19:20).

The known day and the unknown day must be different days. The rapture cannot occur on the known day according to the Bible.

The resurrection after Armageddon is the 2nd death and is for the wicked lost.
"In the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather together first the tares.... the harvest is the end of the world.... As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity.... So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just." (selections from Matthew 13)

Separate the wheat from the tares? No. Separate the tares from the wheat? Yes. The order of gatherings at this time is opposite to the rapture.

Those taken on that day end up as corpses for vultures to feed on.

Luke 17:34-37...…………...
"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And He said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, there will the eagles be gathered together".

"Eagles" is better translated "vultures."
"Body" means "corpse" according to the parallel passage Matthew 24:28.

Those taken on that day end up as corpses for vultures to feed on. This cannot be the rapture.

You may answer that the birds of prey gather around those left rather than around those taken. Consider two points. First, Revelation 19:17 shows that the birds of prey gather to a certain spot rather than being scattered to find whoever is left. Jesus' answer here in Luke 17 also speaks of such a gathering.

Second, when the disciples asked "Where?" it naturally implies "Where are they taken?" We already know where they are left. That's obvious. We know where the bed is, where the mill is, where the field is. That's where they are left. So the disciples wanted to know where they are taken. The only time the other meaning makes sense is when you ask, "Where did I leave my glasses?" But in this context where people are snatched away from various places, the natural question is "Where are they taken?"

It is those taken who end up as corpses for vultures to feed on. This is the opposite of the rapture.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are correct in that it is the Rapture. You are incorrect on WHEN!.

I'm not the one that wrote about when the rapture happens in scripture. Paul is. Nothing can change when Paul said it would occur, after the second coming which comes after the trib.

The Lord will not descend from heaven, nor the dead in Christ resurrect before the trib begins. Those things only happen after the trib at the last trump.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not the one that wrote about when the rapture happens in scripture. Paul is. Nothing can change when Paul said it would occur, after the second coming which comes after the trib.

The Lord will not descend from heaven, nor the dead in Christ resurrect before the trib begins. Those things only happen after the trib at the last trump.

I agree completely with your opinion of Paul's writings. He did exactly as God directed him.

The only disconnect here is your misunderstanding of WHEN the Rapture takes place.

In order for your interpretation to be right Paul would have to be contradicting other statements he made to the Thessalonians.

1 Thess. 1:10......…

"And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."

Clearly, There he said Jesus would rescue us from the coming wrath.

If you read 2 Thess. 1:8-9 carefully, you’ll see Paul is referring to the time when Jesus comes to punish those who don’t believe in God and don’t obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They’ll be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord. That’s how and when he will repay with affliction those who have afflicted us. It has nothing to do with the rapture.

The Tribulation is a future seven-year period when God will complete his discipline of Israel and final judgment upon the unbelieving citizens of the world. The Rapture must happen before the Tribulation......….

1 Thess. 5:9......
"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Rev. 3:10...…….
"Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth
."

While the Second Coming will happen at the end of the Tribulation and is a time of judgment:

Rev. 17:18...……..
"And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave,great and small.”

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree completely with your opinion of Paul's writings. He did exactly as God directed him.

The only disconnect here is your misunderstanding of WHEN the Rapture takes place.

It's written by Paul so if there is a misunderstanding it's not mine. He is clear that the rapture happens after two major events, the second coming and the resurrection. The pre-trib doctrine is simply man made and conflicts with what scripture says about the timing of the rapture.

1 Thess. 1:10......…
"And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come."

Clearly, There he said Jesus would rescue us from the coming wrath.

Sure but that's the wrath of God not the wrath of Satan during the trib.

The Tribulation is a future seven-year period when God will complete his discipline of Israel and final judgment upon the unbelieving citizens of the world. The Rapture must happen before the Tribulation......….

Not according to scripture.
1 Thess. 5:9......
"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Rev. 3:10...…….
"Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth
."

None of these are speaking of the rapture. No scripture places the rapture before the trib and the only verse in the entire bible using the word rapture is Paul saying it happens after the second coming.

While the Second Coming will happen at the end of the Tribulation and is a time of judgment:

The order of events are second coming, resurrection of the dead in Christ and the rapture of the living in Christ, 1Thess 4-16-17.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's written by Paul so if there is a misunderstanding it's not mine. He is clear that the rapture happens after two major events, the second coming and the resurrection. The pre-trib doctrine is simply man made and conflicts with what scripture says about the timing of the rapture.

Sure but that's the wrath of God not the wrath of Satan during the trib.

Not according to scripture.

None of these are speaking of the rapture. No scripture places the rapture before the trib and the only verse in the entire bible using the word rapture is Paul saying it happens after the second coming.

The order of events are second coming, resurrection of the dead in Christ and the rapture of the living in Christ, 1Thess 4-16-17.

Matt. 24:36...……..
"But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only".

Matthew 24:44...……..

Unlike schemes of today that pretend to predict the time of the trumpet sound, this future timetable has a clear starting point, a clear duration, and a clear ending point. It begins at the abomination of desolation in Matthew 24:15–16, and it ends at the return of Christ in Revelation 19:20.

The known day and the unknown day must be different days.
The rapture cannot occur on the known day.

Of all the Rapture beliefs, the one of Post Tribulation is the least of all probably and the one that makes no sense logically or Biblically.

1 Corinthians 15:20-24 categorized in phases.....

The First Resurrection is in phases: “But each in his own order…”

“Christ the first fruits…” (
and those who rose with him)

“after that those who are Christ’s at His coming” (
at the Pre-Trib Rapture),

then comes the end (
at which time the tribulation martyrs are resurrected, concluding the First Resurrection.)”

Now lets do the study shall we.

Rev. 20:4...….…….
“…the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life…”

Wait a minute! Only those who refused the mark are in this resurrection. Where are all the other saints? Where are those Christians who died before the Antichrist was on the scene? There is no mention here of a resurrection of all the Old Testament saints. No mention of the New Testament saints, from the apostles on down, being raised, Why? Because all the saints who died previously were resurrected at the Pre-Trib Rapture; that is why.

Furthermore, there is no mention of living saints being changed. Why?
Because that happened seven years earlier at the Rapture.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Matt. 24:36...……..

Matthew 24:44...……..

Christ said that before his ascension. He did not know it then, he does know it now and he told Paul wheat events happen before the rapture happens and that is the second coming, resurrection then the rapture.

The known day and the unknown day must be different days.
The rapture cannot occur on the known day.

That isn't correct.

Of all the Rapture beliefs, the one of Post Tribulation is the least of all probably and the one that makes no sense logically or Biblically.

Scripture confirms that the rapture happens after the trib. No scripture supports anything else.

Wait a minute! Only those who refused the mark are in this resurrection. Where are all the other saints?

They are resurrected as well. Rev 20 only focuses on one group plus this isn't the rapture so it is irrelevant. Rev does not speak of the rapture.

Where are those Christians who died before the Antichrist was on the scene?

They are Christ's army in Rev 19. The dead come with Christ to the clouds of the Earth, the living are caught up to the clouds and they follow Christ to the Earth for Armageddon.

There is no mention here of a resurrection of all the Old Testament saints. No mention of the New Testament saints, from the apostles on down, being raised, Why? Because all the saints who died previously were resurrected at the Pre-Trib Rapture; that is why.

There is no pre-trib rapture nor is anyone resurrected from the dead before the trib begins. There is one resurrection of the dead in Christ and it only happens at the one and only second coming. There is no coming before the second coming since the ascension.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christ said that before his ascension. He did not know it then, he does know it now and he told Paul wheat events happen before the rapture happens and that is the second coming, resurrection then the rapture.

That isn't correct.

Scripture confirms that the rapture happens after the trib. No scripture supports anything else.

They are resurrected as well. Rev 20 only focuses on one group plus this isn't the rapture so it is irrelevant. Rev does not speak of the rapture.

They are Christ's army in Rev 19. The dead come with Christ to the clouds of the Earth, the living are caught up to the clouds and they follow Christ to the Earth for Armageddon.

There is no pre-trib rapture nor is anyone resurrected from the dead before the trib begins. There is one resurrection of the dead in Christ and it only happens at the one and only second coming. There is no coming before the second coming since the ascension.

You said...……….
"Christ said that before his ascension. He did not know it then, he does know it now and he told Paul wheat events happen before the rapture happens and that is the second coming, resurrection then the rapture."

I have no problem with the idea that Jesus who is now in heaven knows the time of His 2nd Coming.

I do not however agree that the Rapture comes after the Tribulation.

You said...………
"Scripture confirms that the rapture happens after the trib. No scripture supports anything else."

That is incorrect and is your opinion and not Scripture.

The POST Tribulation opinion is a major doctrinal flaw that denies the imminent, sudden, unpredictable, return of Jesus Christ.

Although the word “Rapture” is a relatively new term, the doctrine of the saints being “CAUGHT UP” is plainly taught in 1st Thessalonians 4:17. The inspired King James Bible teaches that the Rapture could happen at any time, suddenly, without any signs or warning. This is the basis of Biblical prophecy concerning the Lord's return, that is, that Christians all be on their toes, preaching the Gospel, walking uprightly and faithfully serving their Master, because their Lord may surprise them at any time by returning.

The Days of Daniel establish the 7-year time frame. We know that Christ is coming to “catch away” the Church. Since the Lord plainly taught that no one knows WHEN He will return, the only logical conclusion is a pretribulation Rapture. If the Lord isn't coming back for the saints until a later time, then we would KNOW exactly when He is coming back. That my friend is where YOUR POST Tribulation Rapture falls apart!!!!!

You then said...……….
"They are resurrected as well. Rev 20 only focuses on one group plus this isn't the rapture so it is irrelevant. Rev does not speak of the rapture."

Ooops, wrong again my brother.

To the CHURCH Jesus said in Rev. 3:10...…….
"Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth."

In other words, we see Jesus promising the church of Philadelphia that He will rapture them before the great tribulation begins – it is a pre-tribulation rapture of the church.

Rev 4:1: After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, ‘Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter’.

Immediately after seeing the things which are, John starts the next verse with, ‘after these things’

After these things’ means after the church-age

John being called up to heaven is a revelation of how the church will be caught up into the heaven immediately after the church-age before the great tribulation period begins

The door of heaven will open, Jesus Christ will descend with glory to the clouds, trumpet will sound and the church will be call and caught up into the heaven.

You then said.……….

The Greek word translated “armies” refers to soldiers and guardsmen, and the fact that these are armies “of” heaven implies that heaven is their origin. The ones who most accurately fit the description belong to the great body of warrior angels, such as those who were standing by to defend the Lord on the night of His arrest in Matthew 26:53.

The church is the BRIDE of Christ as told to us in the Scriptures.
What king takes his new bride into battle with him? The Bride is seen in Heaven in Rev. 19:8 and then coming down out of Heaven in Rev. 21:9-10 after the battle is over.

You then stated...………….

Well, I am not going to argue that with you. You have made up your mind and you are welcome to do so. I do not agree with you and I do not believe that the Scriptures support your conclusion.

Personally IMO you have not grasped the whole picture of escotology. Please allow me to explain the two resurrection to you from the Scriptures.

Daniel 12:2 summarizes the two very different fates facing mankind: ………
“Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, ------
1). some to everlasting life, and
2). some to shame and everlasting contempt.”

That clearly tells us that there will be TWO (2) Resurrections.

Everyone will be raised from the dead, but not everyone will share the same destiny. The New Testament reveals the further detail of separate resurrections-------one
1). for the just and
2) One for the unjust.

Then when we read Rev. 20:4-6 we see it mentions a “first resurrection” and identifies those involved as “blessed and holy.”

Then in Rev. 20:14 we see The second death which is the lake of fire, and it has no power over these individuals in the 1st Resurrection.

The first resurrection, then, is the raising of all believers. It corresponds with Jesus’ teaching of the “resurrection of the just” in Luke 14:14 and the “resurrection of life” in John 5:29.

Now stay with me here and please use YOUR own Bible to verify what I am saying to you.

The first resurrection takes place in various stages. Jesus Christ Himself is the “first fruits,” as seen in 1 Corth. 15:20, and He paved the way for the resurrection of all who believe in Him. There was a resurrection of the Jerusalem saints as recorded in Matthew 27:52-53 which should be included in our consideration of the first resurrection.

Still to come is the resurrection of “the dead in Christ” at the Lord’s return in 1 Thess. 4:16 which you have correctly identified as the RAPTURE which happens before the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Then we see the resurrection of the martyrs at the end of the Tribulation Period in Rev. 20:4.

Rev. 20:12-13 then identifies those comprising the second resurrection as the wicked lost judged by God at the Great White Throne Judgment prior to being cast into the lake of fire.

The second resurrection, then, is the raising of all unbelievers; and the second resurrection is then actually the second death. It corresponds with Jesus’ teaching of the “resurrection of damnation” in John 5:29.

The event which divides the first and second resurrections according to the Scriptures is the 1000 year millennial kingdom. The last of the righteous are raised to reign “with Christ a thousand years” in Rev. 20:4, but the “rest of the dead [that is, the wicked] lived not again until the thousand years were finished” as verified in Revelation 20:5.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The POST Tribulation opinion is a major doctrinal flaw that denies the imminent, sudden, unpredictable, return of Jesus Christ.

That is only true from the perspective of the unsaved. The saved however will not be surprised by the return of Christ. Paul taught against the pretrib/any moment possibility of the second coming:

The idea of a pretrib rapture took place back in Paul's day due to people misunderstanding something he said.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

He shouldn't even have to speak of these things because he would have told them in person when he was with them but for some reason he decides in fact to re-tell them this:

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

This is it. The idea that Christ could come suddenly without any warning before the tribulation and Antichrist etc is what started the Pre-trib concept. This one sentence will be misunderstood and the idea that Christ could come at any time, even before the tribulation happens, is born. The facts are that Christ cannot and will not just suddenly appear because there are major events that have to take place first before he arrives but those who are unsaved and spiritually blind won't know this and so the second coming will surprise them without warning as a thief in the night but not those who are awake and watching for the right signs.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

And this is the part that was missed or ignored. Christ only comes suddenly, without any warning to those who are deceived, in darkness, and are worshiping a false god in the tribulation. Christ's actual appearance will be sudden and shocking to them! But not to us!

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night

So the confusion about Christ appearing suddenly at any moment reached Paul and he wrote a second letter to explain what he meant in the first one!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is only true from the perspective of the unsaved. The saved however will not be surprised by the return of Christ. Paul taught against the pretrib/any moment possibility of the second coming:

The idea of a pretrib rapture took place back in Paul's day due to people misunderstanding something he said.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

He shouldn't even have to speak of these things because he would have told them in person when he was with them but for some reason he decides in fact to re-tell them this:

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

This is it. The idea that Christ could come suddenly without any warning before the tribulation and Antichrist etc is what started the Pre-trib concept. This one sentence will be misunderstood and the idea that Christ could come at any time, even before the tribulation happens, is born. The facts are that Christ cannot and will not just suddenly appear because there are major events that have to take place first before he arrives but those who are unsaved and spiritually blind won't know this and so the second coming will surprise them without warning as a thief in the night but not those who are awake and watching for the right signs.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

And this is the part that was missed or ignored. Christ only comes suddenly, without any warning to those who are deceived, in darkness, and are worshiping a false god in the tribulation. Christ's actual appearance will be sudden and shocking to them! But not to us!

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night

So the confusion about Christ appearing suddenly at any moment reached Paul and he wrote a second letter to explain what he meant in the first one!

You said...……….
"That is only true from the perspective of the unsaved. The saved however will not be surprised by the return of Christ."

That is incorrect my brother. Jesus was NOT speaking to the lost in Matt. 24:36...……
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

It was the disciples who asked Jesus----
“what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world in Matt. 24:3.
Jesus answered their question and spoke of future events. He certainly was not speaking to the LOST!

When the Bible says "NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR" it means exactly that. NO ONE. The saved man will be surprised and blessed. The LOST man will not know what has happened and he will do what Daniel said in 12:4...…….
"But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end, when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."

People who miss the Rapture will be running around trying to find out what has happened.

Christian author, Alexander Reese and it seems YOU and other posttribulationists, as their argument unfolds, lump together all references to “the day,” ignoring the context, arguing in a circle, assuming that posttribulationism is true.

As is frequently the case with difficult points of exegesis, it is of utmost importance that the context of each passage be considered before terms can be equated with similar wording elsewhere. Reese pays little attention to the variety of contextual backgrounds.

The significant truth revealed here is that the day of the Lord which first inflicts terrible judgments ends with an extended period of blessing on Israel, which will be fulfilled in the millennial kingdom. Based on the Old Testament revelation, the day of the Lord is a time of judgment, culminating in the second coming of Christ, and followed by a time of special divine blessing to be fulfilled in the millennial kingdom.

In Paul’s discussion he draws a sharp contrast between the day of the Lord as it relates to the unsaved and as it relates to Christians. This is brought out in the use of the first and second persons—”we,” “us,” and “you” (vv. 1-2, 4-6, 8-11 )—and the third person “they” and “others” (vv. 3, 6-7 ).

In verse 3 the day of the Lord is pictured as coming on the unbelievers like travail on a woman with child, so that they cannot escape, just as a woman cannot escape birth pangs. Paul further states that their destruction will come at a time when they are saying “peace and safety.”

There will not be any "PEACE and SAFTY" at the end of the Tribulation. It will actually be hell on earth as judgment falls from God on the wicked lost.

HOWEVER, the is exactly what will be in view right before the Rapture. In fact Daniel says that there will be a 7 year PEACE treaty in place.

Considering CONTEXT and taken as a whole, 1 Thessalonians 5 IMO presents a conclusive argument for pretribulationism and is more easily harmonized with the pretribulational interpretation than the posttribulational interpretation.

The passage is quite strange as an explanation of the time of the rapture if, in fact, the Thessalonians were taught posttribulationism and already knew that they would have to go through the day of the Lord which in several cases Paul has told them that they would not go through the Tribulation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Thats a good point. Just as Matt 24 say "AFTER the tribulation of those days... He will send forth His angels to gather His elect".

And 2Thess 2 points out that the "appearing" of Christ mentioned in 1Thess 4 does NOT happen until after the appearing of the Antichrist and the deception of all those "Who perish because they did not receive a love of the truth".

And for this thread - that means that the saints will be here and will have pass the test of the mark of the beast. It means saints should be reading Rev 13 and 14 and know what it means.

It means that the Rev 13-14 final warning given to mankind before the plagues of Rev 16 and the 2nd coming seen in both Rev 14 (end of chapter) and Rev 19 -- entire chapter -- must be understood.

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2019
Peterborough, Ontario
✟7,901.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
(Hint it is not a sin to monitor, to have a credit card, SSN etc)

I ask with humility, would anyone mind helping me understand that the mark of the beast is NOT the Birth Certificate/SNN (that you can't buy or sell with and that is either in your memory (forehead) or in your hand when you apply for a job or anything to do with your personal finances)?

How about now that a robot (they called her Sophia) is a legal citizen (I think Saudi Arabia maybe?) of a nation who talks about destroying humanity, and there's now a "church" that wants to usher in the new AI robot race as masters of humanity? With 5G and the "Internet of things" coming, people around the world are already embedding computer technology/chips in their bodies... A coming cashless society and surveillance state - God is omnipresent and omniscient - the enemy needs to use all the technology of the world for his coming worldwide reign before the Lord returns... That's why I thought it might be to do with some physical technology, some hybrid of human and machine as AI gets more and more prevalent and powerful.

For those convinced the mark of the beast is Sunday worship these two ideas may not apply to you, but if anyone else would want to comment on these ideas I would be happy to hear your take on them - I know I'm not the first to suggest either of these, but I wonder about them sometimes.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ask with humility, would anyone mind helping me understand that the mark of the beast is NOT the Birth Certificate/SNN (that you can't buy or sell with and that is either in your memory (forehead) or in your hand when you apply for a job or anything to do with your personal finances)?

How about now that a robot (they called her Sophia) is a legal citizen (I think Saudi Arabia maybe?) of a nation who talks about destroying humanity, and there's now a "church" that wants to usher in the new AI robot race as masters of humanity? With 5G and the "Internet of things" coming, people around the world are already embedding computer technology/chips in their bodies... A coming cashless society and surveillance state - God is omnipresent and omniscient - the enemy needs to use all the technology of the world for his coming worldwide reign before the Lord returns... That's why I thought it might be to do with some physical technology, some hybrid of human and machine as AI gets more and more prevalent and powerful.

For those convinced the mark of the beast is Sunday worship these two ideas may not apply to you, but if anyone else would want to comment on these ideas I would be happy to hear your take on them - I know I'm not the first to suggest either of these, but I wonder about them sometimes.

The truth is that we do not know. No one knows!!!!!!!

We can conjecture and think but at this point it can not be known.

However, if you consider the technology in the world today, it is not a stretch to believe that the UPC Bar Code is in some way going to be used.

The "mark of the beast" will be some kind of system that will be used for identification and purchasing food and materials.

Revelation 13:16-18 ........
'It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Revelation 14:11 ......….
'And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name."

We are in the middle of The electronic debit card system which is very quickly replacing CASH.

About 98% of retail sales are done through the UPC bar code system. If we say that the "MARK" of the beast would some how be placed into that existing system IMO that would be a very serviceable operation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thats a good point. Just as Matt 24 say "AFTER the tribulation of those days... He will send forth His angels to gather His elect".

And 2Thess 2 points out that the "appearing" of Christ mentioned in 1Thess 4 does NOT happen until after the appearing of the Antichrist and the deception of all those "Who perish because they did not receive a love of the truth".

And for this thread - that means that the saints will be here and will have pass the test of the mark of the beast. It means saints should be reading Rev 13 and 14 and know what it means.

It means that the Rev 13-14 final warning given to mankind before the plagues of Rev 16 and the 2nd coming seen in both Rev 14 (end of chapter) and Rev 19 -- entire chapter -- must be understood.

I see that you are in a TIME OUT so I do not expect a response from you. I am sure you will when you get out of jail, but maybe you can read what I am going to say to you.

You have used Matthew 24 as a way to validate your post-tribulation position. However, it is a well-known chapter about end times, but it’s difficult to explain because one or two sections are not exactly chronological.

On the contrary, they happen at the same time and this is exactly where you have errored. Any Bible commentator can tell you that most of Matthew 24 is chronological, until you get to verses 29-31, the rapture, which post-tribs (YOU) call the second-coming.

Actually, it is correct Bible exegesis that the events of verses 29-31 are not the ‘end’, as post-tribs believe, because the signs in the sun, moon, and stars match the 6th Seal, in Revelation 6.

Simply put, many things in Revelation come after the 6th Seal so Matthew 24:29-31 can’t be describing the end. On the contrary, it’s describing the rapture, when Jesus will appear in the sky and Christians will be transformed and meet Him in the air. (1 Thess 4:17)

The second-coming, in Revelation 19, is far different from Matthew 24:29-31. In general, the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls, in Revelation, must be ‘sequential’ (as they are written), with each set of judgments being more severe than the previous one, and
not overlapped as post-tribs do because that contradicts certain verses and omits things, which is forbidden in Revelation 22:19. (There is a catastrophic warning.)

Once understood that the Seals, Trumpets, and Bowls are sequential, ‘pre-tribulation’ is proven (as opposed to mid-trib or pre-wrath) by realizing that Seals 1-5 are in the past.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One can either call Christ Lord, or one can call Caesar lord. To call Caesar lord, to offer a pinch of incense to Caesar, worship his image, which was oftentimes mandatory just to engage in regular Roman life, such as going to the marketplaces to buy and sell. Indeed, under Decius the requirement meant one had to do this in order to receive a libellus, a literal certificate that said one had performed their sacred Roman duty to the gods (and to the emperor). The legislation under Decius resulted in a major persecution of Christians, and many felt that the Decian laws existed to target Christians and Jews. While not as bloody and miserable as what happened under Diocletian, the Decian persecution was still violent. Similar things had happened before, such as under Nero, and what's important here, under Domitian when the Revelation was written.

Worship Caesar and his image, offer a pinch of incense, do this and you are a Roman, you can buy, trade, sell; refuse to do this and you are an outcast, indeed an enemy of the people to be thrown to wild beasts, burned alive, or otherwise be removed from the public sphere. To be a Christian was to be regarded an enemy of humanity, a public enemy, a dangerous outcast that refused to be a good Roman subject and be the cause of the wrath of the gods. So Trajan could tell Pliny that while he need not hunt down Christians actively, if one were found out to be a Christian he or she should be made to recant, and if they would not recant, be put to death.

Anyone who refused the Beast, his image, or his mark was an enemy of the Roman Empire. But to be a Christian could only mean to confess the One Lord and King, Jesus Christ, and His kingdom. Therefore there could be no compromise, either Jesus is Lord or Caesar is lord. If Jesus is Lord, then Caesar is not. And to bow down before Caesar, to deny Jesus Christ, is unacceptable.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0