What do you think of these two websites?

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The Bible tells us to examine all things (1 Thess. 5:21). Therefore, it would seem that it is okay to examine even such events. But for the Christian we need to be careful because to look into them for the purpose of entertainment or receiving guidance is sinful. We are not to be involved in anything cultic. However, on the other hand it is possible for a Christian to investigate the various "supernatural" phenomena for the purpose of exposing them as either false or demonic, or whatever they might be as long as the motive and the goal is to bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ."

I generally disagree with this. Specifically, I've bolded the section with which I disagree. Any type of encounter with the darkness is more dangerous than any death trap. Don't seek out, look at or even talk to them. Avoid them as much as possible.

Yes, certain people have a calling to deal with this. By sheer law of numbers, that person is probably not you. Don't be a hero; just avoid those things. You have nothing to gain by interacting with the darkness. They're all liars so you have nothing to learn. There is literally no benefit whatsoever in dealing with the darkness or interacting with it in any way (unless it's your calling) (which it probably isn't).

This relates to a lot of my grievances with CARM, especially when it comes to this issue. A rando who reads that article just might think they've got the fortitude or the calling to survive having even a one minute conversation with the darkness. It's dangerous, it's horrible advice and the best policy 99% of believers can have is to avoid the darkness at all costs.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0