Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by puker_33
"Ultimately you can never be outside the will of God"

There is a difference between the divine will of God and the permissive will of God. He allows people to perish in their sin, but His divine will is for all to repent and to come to a saving knowledge of the truth. The Bible says: whosoever, let them come. Whosoever means everyone.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Rev. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Baisically this means that when you chose not to believe in/disobey Gods and/or his laws you are in trouble and liable to go to hell.

Also the will of God gave us Lord Jesus Christ and me must accept him as our savior or else we will have to pay for our sins and go straight to hell.

Proverbs and John are great chapters to read on this :)

In Christ,

Hector

Upvote 0
If that were the case, then my mother, who raised me in the church, won uncountable numbers of souls to Christ, and taught sunday school with a passion, would still be in the will of God even though she left church, my dad, and my family, moved in with a man, and holds bitterness in her heart.

Sorry buddy, but I think that statement is a little wacky.

I do believe however that All things DO work together ... to them who ARE THE CALLED.  It is the will of God that none perish, that everybody is saved..... but i think my mommy went outside God's perfect will.  That is not to say he won't allow it to happen.

Much Love

Jessy :scratch:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Gerry
John has correctly answered this question. But what has prompted it? I should be interested to hear if there is a particular point you have to make, or what particular thing has resulted in this question.

The same thread is in the Theology forum and it is explained a little better.

Upvote 0