What Do You Think About the Jerry Springer Show?

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ha, I hadn't realized the show was still on the air. I've heard of it but have never watched it.

From what I understand, people come onto to the show to put their grievances on display, and are encouraged to be melodramatic and combative. It's an exhibition of emotion and accusations, and it feels exploitative to me. I do think it's Biblical that "what is done in the dark is brought to the light," but it should be done in a reasonable and productive manner rather than before a live studio audience.

Upvote 0

Spikey4672

A Man on a Mission
Nov 21, 2010
The South
✟7,741.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
I have actually had the displeasure of watching the Jerry Springer show and it is what it is...a show. All Jerry cares about is that people watch his show, which apparently they do since it has been on the air for who knows how long, but as far as what draws people to it, I would say superiority and sex. If you watch any Jerry Springer show 99% of the time it involves a moron, a transgender, or a stripper (or all three) and it makes the average viewer, probably a 30-50 year old adult, feel pretty smart and sane. And also there are strippers...I don't really need to go into detail about why that gets views. Overall it's a bad influence, nothing more than broken people starving for attention who are willing to demean and humiliate themselves to get people to notice them, and it's very rude of Jerry Springer to take advantage of that to make a quick buck. My advice, be smart and switch to Dr. Phil.

Upvote 0