What do you think about the Baha`i?

What do you think of the Baha'i?

• They are dead on.

• They make many interesting points but I don't agree with them entirely.

• I have a lot of disagreements with them but I still think they make a few good points.

• I have a negative opinion, but not much familiarity.

• I have a negative opinion.

• I have an entirely negative opinion.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
OK... Here goes... There is a backlog of about two dozen messages from the other thread that I want to reply to and I can't take that much on all at once so this will take some time, and I'm sure there will be other replies before I can finish the list, so this will be messy...

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As to my extensive modification to a SINGLE message, I'm sorry but I just kept thinking of stuff after I posted the message. How do you think I should have handled that?

I ordinarily only make quick last minute changes, that was a SINGULAR exception. Yet you act as though it is a pattern of behavior for which you impugn my character. How is remembering a lot more examples on ONE occasion after making an initial post constitute a character problem?

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Were there an option that said "The same as any other religion that isn't my own", I'd select that one.
Really? You make no differentiation of quality between any other world religions?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
As to my extensive modification to a SINGLE message, I'm sorry but I just kept thinking of stuff after I posted the message. How do you think I should have handled that?

I ordinarily only make quick last minute changes, that was a SINGULAR exception. Yet you act as though it is a pattern of behavior for which you impugn my character. How is remembering a lot more examples on ONE occasion after making an initial post constitute a character problem?

I'm not acting like anything or insulting you. None of those options fit what I'd say so I gave you the one that did. Jumping to conclusions isn't doing you any favors in this case.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Really? You make no differentiation of quality between any other world religions?

No, I really don't. I suppose if one practiced human sacrifices or something similar I'd be put off by that practice, but when it comes to beliefs and such I have no strong feelings one way or the other between the various religions.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm not acting like anything or insulting you. None of those options fit what I'd say so I gave you the one that did. Jumping to conclusions isn't doing you any favors in this case.
You are confusing the context completely. You were responding to a message about statements made on the OTHER thread. Please reread.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The largest percentage of rebuttals consisted of, "Jesus didn't say that, His disciple said it!" Where do you think the disciples got their ideas from then?

Isn't this thread about answering the question "What do you think about the Baha`i?"

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, I really don't. I suppose if one practiced human sacrifices or something similar I'd be put off by that practice, but when it comes to beliefs and such I have no strong feelings one way or the other between the various religions.
So you think anti-education Fundamentalists are just fine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You are confusing the context completely. You were responding to a message about statements made on the OTHER thread. Please reread.

Oh, I see. I did misread because I thought you were upset that I was including an option that you didn't have originally.

I will say I never suggested it was a pattern of behavior. I said I wasn't going to address any new adds after a certain point. I didn't feel like I was required to constantly go back several posts and address new points.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So you think anti-education Fundamentalists are just fine?

What do you mean by fine? If they want to remain in ignorance, that's their choice. I take issue with them, or anybody, attempting to impose their religious beliefs on others but if they want to be uneducated that's their decision to make.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No. Please read the OP.

Your thread confuses me. It's titled "What do you think about the Baha'i?" with a poll attached and yet you don't want this thread to be about that question. I'm not the best at dealing with this kind of disconnect and sporadic posting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
OK, so I will admit I was wrong about stoning, except in the case of the Sabbath. In Genesis, a man is stoned to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath.

It happened in Numbers, not Genesis but I know what you mean. In that instance there basically was a trial, but it was the Lord Himself handing down the punishment though Moses. These people are ones that witnessed Sinai first hand and then decided to go against the Lord.

There are other offences that have the punishment of stoning, but random crowds of Jews were not authorized to stone people at a whim.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Heaven:

[Born anew] into an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay [imperishable], unsullied and unfading, reserved in HEAVEN for you...
Peter 1:4

The NT clearly refers to people going to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Your thread confuses me. It's titled "What do you think about the Baha'i?" with a poll attached and yet you don't want this thread to be about that question. I'm not the best at dealing with this kind of disconnect and sporadic posting.
It is both. It won't take that long to answer your other posts.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟23,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Someone claimed no Lake of Fire outside Revelation:

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Matthew 25:41

Do you still think John just made that up on his own?

Upvote 0