What do you play?

DrummerDude

May 22, 2011
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to brag, but I play several instruments. My primary instruments are voice, Drum set, and percussion (hand drums, toys, shakers, etc.) Then there's piano (a must for any musician!) violin, mandolin, harmonica, handbells, and I've taught myself some guitar. God has given me a love for playing music and worshipping Him with it, and I plan to use it to the fullest! I give God all the glory! God Bless!

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may sound lame, but along with singing, I play tambourine. Our new music minister discovered this and lets me play with the Worship Team without rehearsing with them. I always seem to know exactly what to play (and when NOT to). The oddest compliment I ever received was from an older gentleman in our church who is very musically-versed, who told me that I play the tambourine "like an instrument, not just banging time".

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'd been lugging a classical guitar around for over twenty years. Took one semester of guitar back around '93 or so when I was going to community college. Just over a year ago I got started with some local bluegrass players. They said "Those nylon strings are sweet, but the fiddle's got to hear ya." Sooooo...I upgraded to a brand new Eastman Dreadnaught....and fell in love with guitar like I never had before! Not doing much bluegrass lately. Learning some blues, some acoustic rock (well...a lot of CCR songs sound good on an acoustic!) and some worship music. My wife and I will be filling in again next Sunday for our pastor and his wife who will be out of town.

I still have that old classical guitar. I pull it out once in a while. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 27, 2013
Wisconsin
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been playing drums for over 25 years. Not professionally, but as a hobby. I play for church worship services and for a country gospel band. I love to dabble in electronic music. I can play just about any style of music but metal is a bit out of my experience (although it wouldn't keep me from trying). If anyone needs a drum track added to your music, let me know and I can pull your music into my recorder and add a drum track.

Upvote 0