What do you guys think about Ouija boards?

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.
Good movie, but the wood doesn't communicate with spirits. The person opens themselves up to possession and moves the selector. There is nothing special at all about what comes in the box

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are the harmless or dangerous?
I understand it is not a Christian means to get what is good. We are with God, depending on Him.

So, in case it is not God's way, then it will have you involved with a wrong spirit because you are not obeying how God desires to share with you and take care of you.

Upvote 0

Valtan1

Jan 10, 2019
Blue Eye
✟8,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's satanic, whether it works or not Christians shouldn't use it. It only works to contact satanic spirits and demons.

Leviticus 19:31 (MEV)

"Do not turn to spirits through mediums or necromancers. Do not seek after them to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God."

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Probably?
Straight from the devil?
Would never touch one.
Or even be in the same room.
God don't like those kind of things.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, no problem....I assumed that, because of your bold exclamation, that you had actual experience in the subject. My fault.
I said that I heard cases where someone became demon possessed. The former head exorcist of Rome, Gabriele Amorth, even says that the practice of it opens the door to the presence of demons. It's something I research, including Amorths books. I said nothing to imply that I have sought out demons, I'm a Christian, so not sure why you would even think that I would.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Dangerous. The spirits use the energy of the people to move the planchette. Since these people are essentially giving themselves over to the spirit for a time, possession and/or oppression can occur. There are other devices that can be used to supply energy that doesn't result in submitting oneself to any spirit should one actually want to interact with the hidden world around them.

Just keep in mind, these are primarily demonic spirits mimicking the former living.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

They are dangerous.

Most people who play with a Ouija board once, or a few times, do not get assaulted - which gives them false confidence. But, the reality is that you don't realize you are under a spell if you don't believe in magic.

The power of a Ouija board isn't abstract; it does not depend on your belief in its power - only the ignorance one has to use it in the first place. Again, most people don't believe in magic, so they don't realize that no matter the material used, one is still performing an incantation.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if those "scare of the devil in the board", Also believe that there is an item, maybe a bible, that is dangerous to the one who doesnt want to be saved......Where if they touch or read or play around with it, they will be filled with the holy spirit......whether they believed in it or not.....

Or is this something only the devil has the power to do?

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A few friends of mine (none Christian but varying religious beliefs) in high school ‘used one’ at a sleepover once. I’d already been told stories by my mum about them, including her own personal experience as a teen with her friends and how not good that was, so I was adamantly not going to get involved, and decided to sit in the corner and read a book.

They didn’t even attempt to use it ‘correctly’. Never called out to spirits or anything, just basically fought over control of the pointer to call each other silly names, and it was all quite amusing really.

When they were done being silly, I asked them why they bothered playing with it if they weren’t going to ‘actually’ use it. My closest friend of the time, a pagan, replied ‘in case it does actually work’.

Although the whole thing was, in this instance, safe and amusing, I wouldn’t tell the story to my youth group in case they decided to replicate it and then curiosity got the better of them.

My take? A block of wood with letters and symbols on it is no more harmful than a block of wood without. All depends on what you do with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if those "scare of the devil in the board", Also believe that there is an item, maybe a bible, that is dangerous to the one who doesnt want to be saved......Where if they touch or read or play around with it, they will be filled with the holy spirit......whether they believed in it or not.....

I think your attitude here has been pretty poor and unChrist like, but I'll answer for the sake of those who might try it. The Bible isn't dangerous to touch for a non believer, it's 'dangerous' to seek and open oneself up to the person inside. There is nothing evil about the board and slider, the problem comes from asking spirits to enter your body and communicate through you. It is the same as a seance, but rather than speaking through the persons mouth, it is moving through a persons body.

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

The board doesn't matter; you are performing an incantation using wards and other magical artifacts. You can DRAW the Ouija board on paper, and use a shot glass for the planchett - you are still practicing witchcraft.

I can tell you don't know that much about magic and warding of spirits - which may be a great thing considering the things you would have to go through. However, it can also be dangerous to have such a lax view on a real thing. Or, you are playing (and really understand this stuff,) purposefully misleading people about the severity of such an issue.

The devil isn't in every bush, but when you call it, it will come. The spirit board in any fashion is a signal, and if you don't know what you are dealing with you will open doorways in your life to those spirits.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The board doesn't matter; you are performing an incantation using wards and other magical artifacts. You can DRAW the Ouija board on paper, and use a shot glass for the planchett - you are still practicing witchcraft.

I can tell you don't know that much about magic and warding of spirits - which may be a great thing considering the things you would have to go through. However, it can also be dangerous to have such a lax view on a real thing. Or, you are playing (and really understand this stuff,) purposefully misleading people about the severity of such an issue.

The devil isn't in every bush, but when you call it, it will come. The spirit board in any fashion is a signal, and if you don't know what you are dealing with you will open doorways in your life to those spirits.
Thanks for the information. Are you, like the poster above you, relying information you were told, or ideas you believed from books you read....or are you speaking from actual experience.

no need for the fear mongering.....for I know that the spirit of fear does not come from God....so it has no effect on me. When God said the fear the one who can destroy body and soul.....I dont believe he was talking about demons.

The question remains unanswered. Is your fear of the Lord greater than your fear of the devil? should not one outweigh the other in all cases? As one cannot serve two masters....?

Please dont try and say Im encouraging the use of these boards.....As Ive only said that they are a waste of time....and that those who fear it should stay away. If any words would encourage other to use, it would be the ones who try and put magic into the board and confirm its abilities.

This thread is not about practicing witchcraft.....it is about playing a board game. And like you said....it is the user that makes it witchcraft.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your attitude here has been pretty poor and unChrist like, but I'll answer for the sake of those who might try it. The Bible isn't dangerous to touch for a non believer, it's 'dangerous' to seek and open oneself up to the person inside. There is nothing evil about the board and slider, the problem comes from asking spirits to enter your body and communicate through you. It is the same as a seance, but rather than speaking through the persons mouth, it is moving through a persons body.
Thank you for relaying what you have read.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said that I heard cases where someone became demon possessed. The former head exorcist of Rome, Gabriele Amorth, even says that the practice of it opens the door to the presence of demons. It's something I research, including Amorths books. I said nothing to imply that I have sought out demons, I'm a Christian, so not sure why you would even think that I would.
My error was not that I thought a Christian would seek demons.....It was that I thought one who Taught Knowledge would have experience in the knowledge that they taught. Your statements didnt sound like opinion or that you were relaying another's message....so I was confused.

I apologize for my error.

Upvote 0