What do you do for a new Christian who might be in over their head?

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A new Christian I know who I like recently got a new job. He said he would do lots of good things and powerful people don't like him. He didn't realize the whole system was basically bought and paid for and as the new leader of that system he's facing... The media is joking about killing him. The media is lying about a conspiracy to discredit him and his reputation. They took away his cell phone. The people who are supposed to be working with him are smiling to his face and opposing him. He has many twitter followers who like him but they made the posts that like him farther down so he reads the nasty comments before he gets to the good ones. I think he is being isolated and gas lighted and there's nothing I can do to help as he has many guards. How can I show him a thumbs up?

He won't quit because it isn't in him, but he needs encouragement just the same. The adversary is even going after his children.

What to do.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A new Christian I know who I like recently got a new job. He said he would do lots of good things and powerful people don't like him. He didn't realize the whole system was basically bought and paid for and as the new leader of that system he's facing... The media is joking about killing him. The media is lying about a conspiracy to discredit him and his reputation. They took away his cell phone. The people who are supposed to be working with him are smiling to his face and opposing him. He has many twitter followers who like him but they made the posts that like him farther down so he reads the nasty comments before he gets to the good ones. I think he is being isolated and gas lighted and there's nothing I can do to help as he has many guards. How can I show him a thumbs up?

He won't quit because it isn't in him, but he needs encouragement just the same. The adversary is even going after his children.

What to do.

He should double down on loving his enemies.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Autumnleaf. The best you can do, is to show God to your new fried. God is Love, and God loves us, every one of us. What does God want from us? God wants our love, freely given and no conditions made. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God, with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. The Bible tells us: "Repent and be born again,"
we have to give up all our selfish wishes and wants, then ask God for Love and Joy, ( Matthew 7: 7-10) then thank God and share all love and joy with all around us. God will see our loving and caring, and God will Bless us greatly.
Jesus our Saviour will help and guide us, and God will Bless us greatly. Love is very catching, and love will do in us what God wants from us. The Holy Spirit will guide us, and we will slowly change into the men and women which God wants us to be.
I say this with love, Autumnleaf. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are talking about the POTUS, you can find people already organized to pray for him with Google. Without access to his person, that's most of what is possible to do. Pray also for God's love to enter the hearts of those who speak and act against him.

If you do have access to him, you can give him a thumbs up if he is simply trying to stick with God. Eventually perhaps he can receive a thumbs up for trying to live to please God. Recognize that he is not answerable to God in the same way you are. The key for him is, not surprisingly, Jesus. You shouldn't be looking at his work to see if he is being a good Christian, but rather looking at what he is doing for his relationship with God. Everything else he is doing and the consequences thereof are up to God from everyone else's point of view.

The kinds of things you can encourage him on are continuing to regularly, personally study the Bible and pray, and learning and living God's priorities for him—#1 God, #2 spouse, #3 children, parents, and other family, #4 other people and the work he is doing for God and others. You can also speak to him for his strengthening, encouragement, and comfort, because that's what God would do (from 1 Corinthians 14:3).

The more power he has, the more prayer he will need. God wants those under his authority to be at peace.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0