Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never got round to it. It came out at a time when I was slamming triple whoppers every visit.

Next time. I definitely want to tick it off.
Are you one of them that can put back loads of food and not gain any weight? If so, I envy your metabolism, man.

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never got round to it. It came out at a time when I was slamming triple whoppers every visit.

Next time. I definitely want to tick it off.

Only downside.. they're kinda pricey.

Yeah.. I love Whoppers. I don't know why people knock down Burger King.. probably my favorite fast food and much better than McDonalds.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Yeah.. I love Whoppers. I don't know why people knock down Burger King.. probably my favorite fast food and much better than McDonalds.

BK has the best fries, ever.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They still have the impossible burger here at BK.

I've seriously wanted to try it but I haven't made my mind up on it lol

You gotta try it at least once. It pretty much is just a whopper, lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BK has the best fries, ever.

Can't remember the last time I had their fries.. but I love their onion rings.

Still have some BK gift cards to spend.. but even with the drive through.. I'm wary to buy one in this Coronavirus world.. lol.

Upvote 0

Olmhinlu

Apr 15, 2020
Undisclosed
✟59,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Plant based burgers - no, seriously, I'm not joking.

I'm not a vegan. I just take the plant based option once or twice a week to switch things up.

I clicked an alert that jumped straight to your post, didn't immediately realise that the Churchill quote was part of your signature (and not the post), and thought you were saying that you develop discipline by forcing yourself to eat plant-based meat substitutes...

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You gotta try it at least once. It pretty much is just a whopper, lol.

Can't remember the last time I had their fries.. but I love their onion rings.

Still have some BK gift cards to spend.. but even with the drive through.. I'm wary to buy one in this Coronavirus world.. lol.

lol Okay, I will, I'll let you know. :satisfied:

Ooh their onion rings look really good, I've never had them before.

Also your post count is really confusing me right now.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Are you one of them that can put back loads of food and not gain any weight? If so, I envy your metabolism, man.

Yes. And it helps that I'm friends with a few of the competitive eaters on the MLE circuit - they've taught me a trick or two in the past. The "umbrella" technique when eating wings was the most useful, I went back to the UK and made £50 on an eating challenge after that.

I can't believe I'm actually admitting to all of this, but yeah. Lol.

McDonald's is terrible. The only thing you have over there that I ADORE, is Wendy's. I wish we had Wendy's over here. But no, Burger King is amazing, and well worth the extra few pence or so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I clicked an alert that jumped straight to your post, didn't immediately realise that the Churchill quote was part of your signature (and not the post), and thought you were saying that you develop discipline by forcing yourself to eat plant-based meat substitutes...

LOL!

I forget I even have that quote. I should change it really.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. And it helps that I'm friends with a few of the competitive eaters on the MLE circuit - they've taught me a trick or two in the past. The "umbrella" technique when eating wings was the most useful, I went back to the UK and made £50 on an eating challenge after that.

I can't believe I'm actually admitting to all of this, but yeah. Lol.

Oh, you're doing fine. Lol
Now, the umbrella technique..Are we going to need to Google it or do you feel like sharing more?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Oh, you're doing fine. Lol
Now, the umbrella technique..Are we going to need to Google it or do you feel like sharing more?

Pinch the wing at the top of the bone with your thumb and forefinger and slide the meat off. (It saves gnawing it with your teeth.) You basically end up with a handful of meat that you can just shove straight into your mouth.

If you compete at Wing Bowl I think it's a banned technique. You're fine everywhere else though.

Same goes for ribs - if you have strong teeth you can also try "the zipper". The same thing you do with your thumb and forefinger is what you do with your teeth, just pinch and slide.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pinch the wing at the top of the bone with your thumb and forefinger and slide the meat off. (It saves gnawing it with your teeth.) You basically end up with a handful of meat that you can just shove straight into your mouth.

If you compete at Wing Bowl I think it's a banned technique. You're fine everywhere else though.

Same goes for ribs - if you have strong teeth you can also try "the zipper". The same thing you do with your thumb and forefinger is what you do with your teeth, just pinch and slide.
Awesome. I'll need to pick some up and practice before venturing out to a restaurant to do this. Secondly, do you know any bar tricks? Like stunts or things you can get people to bet against you? You were on a roll. Just wanting to keep the momentum going if you have anything. Post em if you got 'em.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Awesome. I'll need to pick some up and practice before venturing out to a restaurant to do this. Secondly, do you know any bar tricks? Like stunts or things you can get people to bet against you? You were on a roll. Just wanting to keep the momentum going if you have anything. Post em if you got 'em.

Bare with me, I'll have a think!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
McDonald's is terrible. The only thing you have over there that I ADORE, is Wendy's. I wish we had Wendy's over here. But no, Burger King is amazing, and well worth the extra few pence or so.

Wendy's is alright. Weird square hamburgers that are a little small but still miles better than McDonald's. What kind of fast food restaurants do you have up there?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Wendy's is alright. Weird square hamburgers that are a little small but still miles better than McDonald's. What kind of fast food restaurants do you have up there?

The main ones are Mcdonald's, Burger King and KFC. Burger King never fails, McDonald's does nothing BUT fail, and KFC is a complete joke.

Then there's Wimpy, Subway, and if you're really lucky, Uncle Sams - now, why we have a British fast food chain named Uncle Sams is beyond me, but their chicken burgers are second to none. I've seen a few Taco Bell's popping up, and I think we've started seeing a few Nathan's emerging as well (which for me is really weird.)

Plus, all of the usual pizza joints, but I prefer to order mind from the kebab shops. They're half the price and twice the size, and I think Dominoes and Pizza Hut are greedy. I'd rather give the independents my business.

Wow, a three paragraph post on fast food - I have issues.

• Haha
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had this pizza:
DSC_0219.JPG

With this cookie! (First pic is in wrapper, second is w/ a golden oreo to show scale, lol)
DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There are times, like today, where I've been really busy at work, come home, and just can't be bothered to cook. Fortunately, I have an app on my desktop and phone where I can order food from selected takeaway outlets. Quite handy during this current situation where their doors are closed to the public.

Tonight it was fish and chips from a local chippy, nicely cooked and delivered to my front door! I opted for the large battered cod and plain chips (in my local area, most chippys give you the option of having your chips fried in orange batter).

Upvote 0