What did Jesus do in the tomb for 3 days?

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes -- that's one part of the OP's topic, and since many things are being said, it's also important to clarify what is not being said.

Doesn't matter how many passages someone marshals if they're not addressing the subject at hand, or are challenging an argument with someone who has not made it.

Well, may the Holy Spirit hover upon the waters of this thread and bring understanding. He is the Spirit of understanding, prophecy, knowledge, wisdom, truth, revelation, and grace.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it works this way, why wouldn't the Holy Spirit step in before things needed to be hovered over?

John 3:8 "the wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

I heard the sound of the Holy Spirit the other night as I was lying down. It came to my left ear. I do not know where it came from or where it went. I am born of the Spirit...no doubt about that.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm confused about Jesus raising people from the dead and them going to heaven. When Jesus died did he just sleep like we will be doing?
he played No limit hold'em, on his laptop. let every on worry for three days then appeared to show them he was not dead.

Upvote 0

lordsknight

Mar 20, 2012
✟15,134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He did nothing because He was dead. There are is no knowledge, love or praise in the grave, only silence.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; nevermore will they have a share in anything done under the sun.

This passage is not speaking of the spirit or soul of man in the afterlife. He is directly referring to their existence on the earth as physical living human beings. That is a taking the bible out of context. This is obvious in the passages before and after as well as the clarification that they do not have a participation in anything under the sun (physical existence). :thumbsup:

Suggesting that this is referring to after life conflicts with every other scripture supporting the eternal awareness of the spirit and soul.

Upvote 0