Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I read an article that said that almost half of folks believe Trump's arrest was politically motivated.
Ok. But I need some help as perhaps, I may not be totally aware of the situation.

As far as I know:
Donald Trump DID have an affair with Stormy Daniels
Donald Trump DID pay her money to stay quiet
He used campaign funds to do so.

I don't think I have seen a single person ANYWHERE competently argue ANY of these points. It seems to me that everyone involved. Donald Trump admitted it himself in a tweet
Tweet quote:
"With respect to the 'Stormy' nonsense, it is VERY OLD & happened a long time ago, long past the very publicly known & accepted deadline of the Statute of Limitations,"

Just so we are all on the same page then, the events CLEARLY happenned. The only issue appears to be that the Statue of limitations may or may not have passed (depending on local laws about residence and access, it seems).

So.....is the only REAL issue here that the Statue of Limitations has passed? And if it is, why are so many on the right talking like the whole situation is a fabricated? Why is this even considered "political" if the man himself admits to it happenning a long time ago? I recall even when this story first came out, even quite a few people on the right quietly seemed to be taking a position of "oh man...what are you doing guy? I'm gonna support you but, not cool".

Despite the court held evidence and the words of both Trump and Daniels, folks are saying it's a witch hunt....for prosecuting someone for breaking the law? This is where I'm lost.

Does this somehow make Trump into a better person with stronger moral able and capable at guiding America?

EDIT: The tone of this may be a bit condescending or negative. IT is not meant to be. I am just flummoxed.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read an article that said that almost half of folks believe Trump's arrest was politically motivated.
Ok. But I need some help as perhaps, I may not be totally aware of the situation.

As far as I know:

I don't think I have seen a single person ANYWHERE competently argue ANY of these points. It seems to me that everyone involved. Donald Trump admitted it himself in a tweet
Tweet quote:

Just so we are all on the same page then, the events CLEARLY happenned. The only issue appears to be that the Statue of limitations may or may not have passed (depending on local laws about residence and access, it seems).

So.....is the only REAL issue here that the Statue of Limitations has passed? And if it is, why are so many on the right talking like the whole situation is a fabricated? Why is this even considered "political" if the man himself admits to it happenning a long time ago? I recall even when this story first came out, even quite a few people on the right quietly seemed to be taking a position of "oh man...what are you doing guy? I'm gonna support you but, not cool".

Despite the court held evidence and the words of both Trump and Daniels, folks are saying it's a witch hunt....for prosecuting someone for breaking the law? This is where I'm lost.

Does this somehow make Trump into a better person with stronger moral able and capable at guiding America?

EDIT: The tone of this may be a bit condescending or negative. IT is not meant to be. I am just flummoxed.
New Yofk may have tolled this case right after Cohen's conviction. So I'm sure the statue of limitations were paused.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

As far as I know:

Tweet quote:

No. He didn't. He used his own money. That is not in dispute.

As far as tolling the statute of limitations as someone said above, it wasn't. Statutes of limitations cannot be tolled retroactively.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As far as I know:
Trump denies it. It seems very likely to me that he did; I believe he did, but I wouldn't say I (or the general we) know he did.

Cohen paid her money to stay quiet. Trump reimbursed Cohen with Trump Organization funds (as 'legal expenses').

Part of what Cohen's guilty plea entailed was that the payment to Daniels was 'unreported assistance' to the Trump campaign. It should have been declared a campaign contribution, since the goal (that close to the election) was not to tie up some loose ends in Trump's personal life, but to affect the trajectory of the campaign/election. But it was not declared a campaign contribution, and/but (as above) the money did not come from campaign funds.

AP with the facts supporting the above.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I know:
It happened 17 years ago and according to his attorney (Michael Cohen), at the time - both Trump and Stormy denied it, the issue rose again 10 or so years later and Stormy decided she's like to cash in -

Trump's attorney Michael Cohen stated that Trump did not know about it and he acted on his own, taking out a home equity loan of $130,000 and paying her. He then billed the Trump organization for the payment.

It's funny that the NDR is not signed by any one other than Stormy.

That is until he went to prison and has completely flipped on his recollections.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

As far as I know:

Tweet quote:

Not only that, Trump's then lawyer went to jail. In that lawyer's indictment we read this:

“During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither woman spoke to the press prior to the election.”​

It would not or should not be of any surprise that after Michael Cohen, it's "Individual-1" turn the barrel for the same crimes, to quote Roger Stone.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump denies it. It seems very likely to me that he did; I believe he did, but I wouldn't say I (or the general we) know he did.
One of the more horrifying prospects being floated is Donald having to be inspected au naturel and then Ms. Clifford testifying about his anatomy as in the Michael Jackson trial. The same could happen in E. Jean Carrol's case.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It happened 17 years ago and according to his attorney (Michael Cohen), at the time - both Trump and Stormy denied it, the issue rose again 10 or so years later and Stormy decided she's like to cash in -

Trump's attorney Michael Cohen stated that Trump did not know about it and he acted on his own, taking out a home equity loan of $130,000 and paying her. He then billed the Trump organization for the payment.

That is until he went to prison and has completely flipped on his recollections.
It seems insane to me that a self purported billionaire take out a home equity loan to pay someone off of 130Gs. Shouldn't he be blowing his nose with 1000$bills?

Yes, when his protector stopped protecting him, he figured he'd do the same I suppose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

As far as I know:

Tweet quote:

maybe this will help

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems insane to me that a self purported billionaire take out a home equity loan to pay someone off of 130Gs. Shouldn't he be blowing his nose with 1000$bills?
Trump did not take out the home equity loan, Michael Cohen did. Re read my post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Trump did not take out the home equity loan, Michael Cohen did. Re read my post.
Cohen took a home equity loan out on his OWN house?

Geez, Trump was grifting his OWN attorney? Why do people fall for this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Cohen took a home equity loan out on his OWN house?

Geez, Trump was grifting his OWN attorney? Why do people fall for this?
How exactly does a person 'grift' an attorney when the attorney acts ON HIS OWN without his client's knowledge?

And it is still his fault? Why do people fall for this?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How exactly does a person 'grift' an attorney when the attorney acts ON HIS OWN without his client's knowledge?

Donald is notorious for not paying his bills, including his lawyer bills.

Do you believe that Cohen decided all on his own to pay off Daniels? Wasn't there a contract involved that Donald signed under a pseudonym?

Michael Cohens legal advisor and what he testified to
Synopsis?

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

That is false. Cohen has a tape of Trump telling him to make sure to pay in cash. He knew exactly what was going on.

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Is this case about trump sleeping with a woman, and paying her to be quiet?? No! It is about making that payment a campaign contibution, there by making him a felon. thats what this is really about. did he pay her so, his wife not know? Not a felony.

Upvote 0