Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
For me it was ballet books- I tried to copy them without ever having seen ballet, or knowing what it was. Music actually got me dancing, inventing my own dance. At 13 I saw a nutcracker performanceand that sent me dancing for hours at home trying to copy all I had seen. Encouragement from a friend, my father dragging me at age 19 to my first ballet lesson; and then finally reading a french traslation of Balanchine's history of Ballets, a book that sent me insane for a few weeks, and when I recovered, I knew I had to take dance more seriously. Over all -it is music that got and gets me dancing.

Upvote 0

texmex

I'm marching to a different accordian
Feb 8, 2005
In my house
✟19,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody really. At age 11 I was made to take dance, even though I was sure I would hate it. After a week I ended up loving it and never wanting to stop. It wasn't until I was at least 13 though that I started taking is seriously and trying my best.

Upvote 0

Living Soul Dance

Sep 23, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Visit site
✟439.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alvin Aliey's dance called "Revelations"
& Debbie Allen in the movie "Fame!" :D

I first saw the dance "Revelations" by Alvin Aliey when I was 7 years old.
My mom took my to the Kenedy Center here in Washington, D.C.
That was the first time I had ever seen anything that resembled Liturgical Dance. At that point, I new I wanted to be a dancer.

Then, I was inspired by the movie & the T.V. show "FAME!" (Song....I wanna live forever....) when I was 12 years old.
Because of that show, I decided to audition for Duke Ellinton School of the Arts. That's where Debbie Allen taught dance back in the 70's. The school looked just like the movie when I went there and the dance department was twice as hard! Anyway, that was my inspiration. Thanks for asking

By the way,
The dance "Revelations" is 40 years old.
Every liturgical dancer in the world should see it! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think I'm older then most of you on this thread so I don't know if you would be too familiar with her but I was inspired by Nadia Comenici. Actually she was a gymnast and I took ballet but she was the one who inspired me to become interested in dance.

Upvote 0

Dancing_Freak

May 11, 2005
Ancaster
✟7,648.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
:kiss: ;) My Inspiration to take dance seriously was my Tap Teacher A.J. LoPresti, he was always telling us that if we were doing something that we thought looked stupid, but put alot of effort into it it looks great, and that if you don't try it ends up looking stupid. This was becasue in my recreational tap group this year nobody was trying, ;) :kiss:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums