What comments did Trump make about Judges in his Jan 6th 2021 speech?

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,157.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Several critical comments of Federal Supreme Court and State Supreme Court judges:

So, just in a nutshell, you can't make a change or voting for a federal election unless the state legislature approves it. No judge can do it. Nobody can do it. Only a legislature.
...​
You know, look, I'm not happy with the Supreme Court. They love to rule against me. I picked three people. I fought like hell for them. One in particular, I fought. They all said, "Sir, cut him loose." He's killing the senators. You know, very loyal senators, they're very loyal people, "Sir, cut him loose, he's killing us, sir, cut him loose." I must have gotten half of the senators.
I said: "No, I can't do that, it's unfair to him and it's unfair to the family. He didn't do anything wrong." They made up stories, they're all made-up stories. He didn't do anything wrong. "Cut him loose, sir." I said, "No, I won't do that. We got him through." And you know what, they couldn't give a damn. They couldn't give a damn. Let him rule the right way.
But it almost seems that they're all going out of their way to hurt all of us and to hurt our country. To hurt our country.
You know, I read a story in one of the newspapers recently how I control the three Supreme Court justices. I control them. They're puppets.
And the Supreme Court, they rule against me so much. You know why? Because the story is — I haven't spoken to any of them, any of them, since virtually they got in — but the story is that they're my puppets. Right? That they're puppets.
And now the only way they can get out of that because they hate that it's not good in the social circuit. And the only way they get out is to rule against Trump. So let's rule against Trump. And they do that. So I want to congratulate them.
In Pennsylvania, the Democrat secretary of state and the Democrat state Supreme Court justices illegally abolished the signature verification requirements just 11 days prior to the election.
There might be more in there, but I can only read so much before Trump's patterns of speech and thought turn my own cognition to mush.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,969.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah Trump is a terrible orator. But this is criticism of the judges is par for Trump. I mean he criticizes anyone and everyone who doesn't go along with him. It doesn't matter if he picked them or not. That's Trump. I'm not sure why this is even a thread at all. I mean this kind of behavior is nothing new to him. You could be a staunch Trump supporter but the minute you don't go along with something or sometimes do t even speak out in support of something he will go after you. This really is not news. At least it's not new news.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,549.00
Faith
Seeker
Yeah Trump is a terrible orator. But this is criticism of the judges is par for Trump. I mean he criticizes anyone and everyone who doesn't go along with him. It doesn't matter if he picked them or not. That's Trump. I'm not sure why this is even a thread at all. I mean this kind of behavior is nothing new to him. You could be a staunch Trump supporter but the minute you don't go along with something or sometimes do t even speak out in support of something he will go after you. This really is not news. At least it's not new news.
It is not news but I would argue it is usually relevant but discussing it is very problematic so my goal is to learn how to discuss it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,969.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It is not news but I would argue it is usually relevant but discussing it is very problematic so my goal is to learn how to discuss it.

Well I don't have an answer for you there. Trump is just a trump. If we are going to have a discussion Everytime he does something like this we are going to have a billion threads. It shouldn't even be noteworthy anymore.

Upvote 0