California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As my avatar suggests, I'm a big fan of Five Iron Frenzy. To me, there's no better Christian band, just based on how earnestly and realistically they tackle tough but crucial subjects from doubt and struggles with faith to 'Christian' hypocrisy and hatred. Even their praise and worship songs avoid the usual corniness with a sly, humble sense of humor. I just find their lyrics to be a lot more relevant and resonant than a lot of what I hear on Christian radio...their last album 'Engine of a Million Plots' had amazing messages about keeping faith alive in times of crushing darkness and uncertainty, and it really helped me and my faith through a very turbulent time in my life. I can't say that about any other Christian band.

Other than that, I don't really listen to a lot of "Christian music" because...well, not a whole lot of it is very good, or is at least too cheeseball for my liking. I don't mind Hillsong or Audrey Assad, they can craft some good tunes, but usually any Christian artists I really dig are ones who crossed over into secular audiences in my preferred genres of punk rock (Five Iron, MxPx and a lot of the stuff on Tooth & Nail Records), ska (The O.C. Supertones, The Insyderz) or progressive rock (Neal Morse, Glass Hammer, Iona). I...have a varied assortment of musical preferences.

Upvote 0

jtbrock

Jan 26, 2016
Cambridge Ontario
✟22,755.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
For King And Country, Josh Wilson, Matthew West, Jeremy Camp, Lauren Daigle, 7eventh Time Down, MercyMe, Chris Tomlin, Tenth Avenue North, Jason Gray, NeedToBreathe, Danny Gokey, TobyMac, and old timers Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant.

Upvote 0

WesMurray

Sep 27, 2016
Nova Scotia
✟7,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Music I listen to on occasion (on the heavy side) : August Burns Red, Underoath, For Today, Flatfoot 56, RED, P.O.D, Thousand foot Krutch, Skillet, Kutless, Emery

Worship type music : Bethel, Elevation Worship, Kings Kaleidoscope, Gungor, Hillsong, Hunter G K Thompson, Jimmy Needham, Jesus Culture, Rend Collective

Rap/ Hip hop: Andy Mineo, Beautiful Eulogy, Derek Minor,KB, NF, Tedashii, Lecrae

Non- Christian bands that are comprised of Christian members: The classic crime

I am sure there are plenty I am forgetting

If any of you want music suggestions I love the Christian music scene (mostly uncommon bands that are under-rated).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorites include David Crowder Band, Hillsong, Relient K and sometimes Lecrae. I've tried listening to other bands/artists, but I just can't feel anything from them. Some of them feel like they're trying too hard to be cool. I like stuff similar to Relient K because they speak on an emotional level rather than trying to capture the "Cool" and "Hip" crowd.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Third day (rock)
Petra (80th rock - Three great albums -> Back to the street, On fire, This means war)
Bruce Moss (very bible inspired songs) https://thebloodofthelamb.com/video
The Franz family (bluegrass)
Citizens and saints
Christafari (worship reggae)

Still looking for more good Christian music.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As my avatar suggests, I'm a big fan of Five Iron Frenzy. To me, there's no better Christian band ...

I understand you like them. It's a bit of what I'm looking for. Christian music that even non Christians can like. "Normal" music with Christian lyrics (I haven't checked their lyrics yet, though).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As my avatar suggests, I'm a big fan of Five Iron Frenzy. To me, there's no better Christian band, just based on how earnestly and realistically they tackle tough but crucial subjects from doubt and struggles with faith to 'Christian' hypocrisy and hatred. Even their praise and worship songs avoid the usual corniness with a sly, humble sense of humor. I just find their lyrics to be a lot more relevant and resonant than a lot of what I hear on Christian radio...their last album 'Engine of a Million Plots' had amazing messages about keeping faith alive in times of crushing darkness and uncertainty, and it really helped me and my faith through a very turbulent time in my life. I can't say that about any other Christian band.

Other than that, I don't really listen to a lot of "Christian music" because...well, not a whole lot of it is very good, or is at least too cheeseball for my liking. I don't mind Hillsong or Audrey Assad, they can craft some good tunes, but usually any Christian artists I really dig are ones who crossed over into secular audiences in my preferred genres of punk rock (Five Iron, MxPx and a lot of the stuff on Tooth & Nail Records), ska (The O.C. Supertones, The Insyderz) or progressive rock (Neal Morse, Glass Hammer, Iona). I...have a varied assortment of musical preferences.

0003484325_350.jpg

I got that album now. It better be good or else .... ! :tearsofjoy::smile::tongueclosed:

Edit: Now I have listened to that album. I think it's great music. I wish though that the lyrics would be more centered in Jesus, God and faith. Even so, Christ is mentioned in one of the songs of the album, the Father is mentioned and so on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Third day (rock)
Petra (80th rock - Three great albums -> Back to the street, On fire, This means war)
Bruce Moss (very bible inspired songs) https://thebloodofthelamb.com/video
The Franz family (bluegrass)
Citizens and saints
Christafari (worship reggae)

Still looking for more good Christian music.
I see you're into Christian rock, so I'd recommend bands like Newsboys, Casting Crowns, and Jars of Clay that are pretty similar to Third Day, and if you like Petra, check out Stryper, a Christian metal band from the 80s.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see you're into Christian rock, so I'd recommend bands like Newsboys, Casting Crowns, and Jars of Clay that are pretty similar to Third Day, and if you like Petra, check out Stryper, a Christian metal band from the 80s.

Thanks! I have looked those bands up on youtube, but none of them has really got me. Casting Crowns, I think I liked best.

Upvote 0

SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Used to listen to a lot of Christian Artists and some,well,were sort of Christian but were more secular in content...Matt Redman,David Ruis,Ressurection-Band,P.O.D,Mortal ,Juggernautz,The Violet Burning,TAIT and Rich Mullins,Over The Rhine,Iona,Delirious? and others (mostly Praise and Worship stuff! Too many to mention...)

Upvote 0