New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hmm I don't listen to any of these!

I just listen to heavenly music and if its gospel its usually by Elvis, Seekers, Johnny Cash.
I like harp music and hymns but usually I am singing them with others.
I like Scripture in Song the best.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joel Chernoff (Lamb)
Paul Wilbur **
Sharon (Chernoff) Wilbur
Ted Pearce
Barry and Batya Segal **
Marc Chopinsky **
Jen and Judah Morrison **
Levite
Novi Yerushalayim
Godsent

** I have played with or backed up these artists on guitar or bass.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hillsong
Chris Tomlin
Kari Jobe
Skillet
Thousand Foot Krutch

I tend to either listen to P&W or harder rock Christian music. Not a huge fan of the current contemporary Christian music. Nothing wrong with it, just stylistically it doesn't do it for me. To my ears it often all sounds the same.

Upvote 0

Sean611

Feb 24, 2012
Missouri
✟20,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I tend to only listen to Christian music that is as good as its secular counterparts. Unfortunately, there just isn't much Christian metal that can compete with secular heavy metal music.

However, the exception to that can be found in the black metal sub genre of heavy metal. There many Christian black metal bands that are as good (or better in some cases) as their secular counterpart. My favorite Christian black metal bands are Antestor, Horde, Crimson Moonlight, and Grave Declaration.

Upvote 0

ChristianGirlChristian

Christian Girl Named Christian
Aug 4, 2015
USA (that's all I will say, sorry)
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like Britt Nicole, 1 Girl Nation, Kari Job, Hillsong, Hillsong Young and free, Third Day, Toby Mac, Bethel, Brandon Heath, All Sons and Daughters, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, For King and Country,
Francesca Batesttelli, Jamie Grace, Jesus Culture, Jonny diaz, Newsboys, Paul Wickham, Tenth Avenue North....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My preferences are split between full-production efforts like Elevation Worship / Flatirons / Bethel / Sovereign Grace and the "poppy" female artists like Plumb and Battistelli and Mandisa. Out on the periphery, I also like Fireflight, which is sort of a metal band. Or was -- I sense they're drifting away from that and into pop, but it could be the few recent songs I listened to were the exception to their current catalog. And DaveW just told me about Barren Cross, so that's definitely going on the list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohannaSK

Aug 28, 2015
✟10,488.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have found many great gospel artists via Youtube. Among them are Yolanda Adams, Tramaine Hawkins, Jonathan Butler, Amber Bullock... Also the gospel songs sung by late Whitney Houston and late Johnny Cash are among my favourites. American idol stars Fantasia Barrone and Jennifer Hudson have done some gospel music that I often listen to. Oh, and Aretha Franklin's gospel music from the 70's is wonderful.

On the classical side Bach and Mozart. On church music I have found a British composer John Rutter whose choir music I really love; he composed the song "This is the Day" that was performed in the royal wedding in 2011 – that's how I found his music.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Christian Armor Radio, found on the internet. Any music that doesn't act like caffeine just makes me depressed. My parents always hated my choice of music, but I just can't stand "inspirational" music.

Rob Rock
Driver
White Cross
X-Sinner
Stryper
Jet Circus
Bride
Ken Tamplin
Shout
Undercover
Under Midnight
et cetera

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Christian Armor Radio, found on the internet. Any music that doesn't act like caffeine just makes me depressed. My parents always hated my choice of music, but I just can't stand "inspirational" music.

Rob Rock
Driver
White Cross
X-Sinner
Stryper
Jet Circus
Bride
Ken Tamplin
Shout
Undercover
Under Midnight
et cetera
Nice list. I have CDs or vinyl by a lot of these. Really like Undercover and Under Midnight.

Upvote 0