What causes mental illness?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Whose bad choices? What are the choices you're blaming?
Your ancestors, your family, your friends, yourself.
Mental illness can be genetic, spiritual, environmentally caused I believe and also personal choice can lead to it in some cases. If your great great grandparents had married other people that didn't have a gene that increased the chance of mental problems then a person may not have that issue. People can sometimes choose to be in their right mind or give in to temptation that leads to mental problems then illnesses. If you raise your kids in a hostile environment where they are beaten and abused they could be more susceptible to mental illness.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe we will be judged according to the light that we had. Nowadays with the internet and knowledge that has increased in the world, the Bible is available to most people. In places where there were no Bibles, for example tribes in the middle of nowhere, I believe God judged the people according to how they followed the conscience that He gave them. But in our modern society, God wants us to read what He provided for our salvation. I have heard stories of God sending missionaries to these tribes to teach them about God, and how many of them were converted and kept God's Law.

My grandmother also did not study the Bible like people do these days. But she went to church and followed the conscience she had.

There was that time when the Bibles were taken away and the truth in the Bible was covered up, but God knew all of this. Even parts of the prophecies were sealed only to be understood in the End Time.

“But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” Daniel 12:4

I believe we are now living in that time when the prophecies have been opened and their meaning revealed and God is preaching the message right now to the world so that He can finish the work and fetch those who love Him.

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14

This thread is supposed to be about the causes of mental illness. However it has been diverted and some people want to talk about judgment and other topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Out of compassion is a phrase." Can you explain this to me in a complete senntence? Thank you very much.

People who are gluten sensitive but who do not know and whose doctors and psychiatrist do not know can course these symptoms are innocent of any guilt. These facts are only coming out in the last ten years and at a time many question all facts as bias. Further not all doctors even those of the mind make the diet mind connection.

Further my brother in law died likely of a cancer caused by the chemicals in his work place but was set up in his body long before studies found these same chemicals cause liver damage and cancer. Likewise my grandmother insanity caused her to worsen this by eating only wheat bread and drinking coffee at a time no one knew that brain to mind connection.

So can those ignorant of causes be judged? Where is mercy in this claim.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This tread is supposed to be about the causes of mental illness. However it has been diverted and some people want to talk about judgment and other topics.
Depends, I just give a personal account. I got a metal bar flung into my face and cracked my brain, did some damage and I had to be put in coma and operated. That made me depressed, I was always happy, felt no fears, and mastered everything very well beforethat, a calm child. Gifted. And I got problems concentrating, got exhausted fast, when reading or concentrating, so I went from being top in my class without effort, to mediocre while struggling to do my homework and tests. That is one way to get disorders, injuries, bump your head.

In the old days before babyproofing homes and parents stopped letting kids be kids, and get injured while playing and testing their limits, we actually got bruises and bled. We swung from tree to tree with a rope, and sometimes a kid flew with his face bumping into a branch or into the tree. Climbed trees and fell down, fell off bikes without helmets landing with our heads on a rock, etc. So, that is often the case for older people.

But now, I guess it has much to do with the foods we feed children, and perhaps that there are no stayathome mothers almost. I do believe mum should be home with the kids till they start in school. My mother did that, and I learned to read before I started in school, so it does help kids. Getting that headstart takes some stress of kids. Now kids start one year earlier, and compete to learn. Stress, too early. And they are also told what to think, instead of think and form their opinion. Indocterination does create effects on the mind. Homeschool people

Upvote 0