what causes hate and pride within the church?

RosaVernal

que sera, sera; c'est la vie
Jan 27, 2008
Northern California
✟9,311.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's human nature, I'd think.

When people I know say "All Christians are [negative trait goes here]" I just point out that I'm part of that group, and that it's the people who try to hide their... well, ass****ish behaviors behind their religion that's the problem.

You find idiots, rude people, arrogant jackhats, and other people of various degrees of intolerability anywhere you go.

Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

does anyone have an answer to this? It's quite amazing because the bible practically condemns hatred and pride.... yet sooooo many christain people are hateful and arragent. What do you think causes this? If it's not the bible than what is it?

The idea that Christians are somehow 'better' than others because they've been 'saved'...

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

The idea that Christians are somehow 'better' than others because they've been 'saved'...

do you think it has anything to do with our methods of self-improvement? Like we are told of many ways to "improve" ourselves within the church. I personally think that this is linked. We're told to improve ourselves, which causes us to think we become "good", which causes us to think we're "better".

Upvote 0