Aug 3, 2013
✟1,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"The Parables - Jewish Tradition and Christian Interpretation" By: Brad H. Young

This book, from what I've read thus far, is so valuable to the Christian in their course of study that it would be a righteous addition when carrying also their Bible to church.

So many people listen to scripture, or read it, without realizing the depth of the meaning and the spirit, (God is a spirit) behind it.
This book is a glorious resource in winding one's way through the mysteries of scripture and understanding what was meant when Jesus answered his disciples, who asked why he always spoke in parables and only in parables; that he did so so that not all would understand.

This book helps to do just that.
A blessing that I happened upon while conducting a book search for a wholly different title on Amazon.com.

Upvote 0

Vladyslaus Kyivarius

Sep 15, 2013
✟9,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Just yesterday I've finished reading of "Lessons for Leaders: Principles of Assembly Rule as Illustrated in 1 & 2 Samuel" by Albert McShane.

Though starting to read another one by Anselm Grun (German author) about self-respect.

Also, reading small poem by Kristina Roy (Slovak author) ~not really much pages.

God bless...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Just got a book i ordered called "Praying With Eyes Wide Open" by Sherry Harney.

I will begin reading it tonight.

I just glanced at the index, and at Chapter 11, titled "Warfare Prayers". There's a quote that riveted me:

"God's child can conquer everything by prayer. Is it any wonder that Satan does his utmost to snatch that weapon from the Christian or to hinder him in the use of it?" ~Andrew Murray

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not read it, currently reading The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis.

After I finish reading it, I want to read the other books and eventually watch the movies too.
Seems like you are into C S Lewis!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.