What bible do you find is the most accurate and helpful?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I was looking for accuracy. I didn't know we could study the original Hebrew - you say it's on Bible Hub?
Yes, I search for the scripture on google then I click on the Biblehub link. From there I click on the Hebrew then you can study the Hebrew words from there. For example, the first word in the Bible is beginning. From there we can look at all the verses in the Bible that uses the Hebrew word for beginning. We can understand what the word means from the context and how the word is used in different passages. Starting first with Genesis and then looking at other books in the Bible.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It depends upon what you want to use the Bible for. If you're studying in detail, you want something that shows as much of the form of the original as possible. If you're reading a whole book for meaning, you want something a bit freer. While the structure of a free translation may not be as close to the original, it gives the translators more latitude to get the original meaning across.

For detailed study, I'd use ESV or NRSV, depending upon your theological views. (NRSV if you accept critical scholarship; ESV if you're conservative)

Reading for meaning I'd use the CEB or Good News if you accept critical scholarship. NIV might be OK for conservatives, but I have serious qualms about its accuracy. I don't have a good assessment of other conservative free translations.

I'd only consider KJV or NKJV if you reject even textual criticism.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. This is the first I've heard of Trinitarian.
Angeltrue - They use 'Trinitarion' in their designation to emphasise that they believe in the doctrine of The Trinity. No I have no financial interests with them :).
"The Trinitarian Bible Society was founded in 1831 "to promote the Glory of God and the salvation of men by circulating, both at home and abroad, in dependence on the Divine blessing, the Holy Scriptures, ..."
http://www.tbsbibles.org/
Go well
><>

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Excuse me if I'm unfamiliar but do you have to understand Greek & Hebrew or does it translate it for you? I'd like a concordance - I think they're important.

www.biblehub.com uses concordances such as Strong's concordance ... go there, look up a verse, click on that verse, it displays several english translations on the left and highlights the selected verse on the right, then towards the top you will see the "word" either Hebrew or Greek ... click on that ... that then displays the selected "verse" ... from there then you can click on individual words that gives either the Hebrew or Greek definition and other things about the word. It "translates" it into English ... The Hebrew and Greek have a much more "depth" in their languages than english. Very easy to do once you get the "hang" of it and it is very informative and helpful.

God Bless

Upvote 0