Apr 10, 2004
Central Coast, Cali
Visit site
✟541.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Others
True, especially the part about christians not being supportive of those who's marriage is falling apart.

Divorce for that matter. I witnessed my dad go through the coals every time my old church held elections for the church board because he was divorced (twice none by his hand and my mom was/is not in her right mind...this was 15 years ago or so). He never ran nor intended to. People would nominate him regardless. A very small amount of people left the church due to this. But the church body as a whole supported my dad because they knew his heart for the LORD and his heart for being a servant.

I am going through the same thing. I have learned to keep my mouth shut about it. Most people that I run into at church have no idea that I am married (hmmm...maybe if they looked at my left hand they might get a clue) and especially that I am going through a divorce (not by my hand or will or G-Ds will). I have had people, when I told them, completly change their countenance towards me, not in the good way. People ignore me. Its like I have a big red X on my forehead. Even though there is a chance at reconciliation (nothing is final yet.)

It frustrates me. I talk to friends and they tell me that they would never go out with a girl that was divorced. Its an uneeded persecution. Especially, if you fight the divorce and never did the one justification for divorce. It should be applauded for taking a stand. I could easily be done with this whole mess. But I choose to stand. And then Christians attack me because of Divorce.

Frustrating. But G-D has used this to strengthen my love for Him and my reliance in his mercy. It has made me an even stronger believer than even just a month ago. I understand His Mercy...finaly. If only other pious believers would see that I am making a stand for whats right. I might not feel like I am dirt when I go to church and talk with people. But thank the LORD for those that truly see everyone for who they are. :D Thanks...

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jeshohaia said:
True, especially the part about christians not being supportive of those who's marriage is falling apart.

Divorce for that matter. I witnessed my dad go through the coals every time my old church held elections for the church board because he was divorced (twice none by his hand and my mom was/is not in her right mind...this was 15 years ago or so). He never ran nor intended to. People would nominate him regardless. A very small amount of people left the church due to this. But the church body as a whole supported my dad because they knew his heart for the LORD and his heart for being a servant.

I am going through the same thing. I have learned to keep my mouth shut about it. Most people that I run into at church have no idea that I am married (hmmm...maybe if they looked at my left hand they might get a clue) and especially that I am going through a divorce (not by my hand or will or G-Ds will). I have had people, when I told them, completly change their countenance towards me, not in the good way. People ignore me. Its like I have a big red X on my forehead. Even though there is a chance at reconciliation (nothing is final yet.)

It frustrates me. I talk to friends and they tell me that they would never go out with a girl that was divorced. Its an uneeded persecution. Especially, if you fight the divorce and never did the one justification for divorce. It should be applauded for taking a stand. I could easily be done with this whole mess. But I choose to stand. And then Christians attack me because of Divorce.

Frustrating. But G-D has used this to strengthen my love for Him and my reliance in his mercy. It has made me an even stronger believer than even just a month ago. I understand His Mercy...finaly. If only other pious believers would see that I am making a stand for whats right. I might not feel like I am dirt when I go to church and talk with people. But thank the LORD for those that truly see everyone for who they are. :D Thanks...
I can totally apreciate how you feel, I have felt the same way for a while. I have had a lot of support from my church, which has made a big difference.

Upvote 0

Jinnapiban

The time has come...
Mar 18, 2004
Houston, Texas
✟1,165.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey jeshohaia,

I too can relate to your post.... I think that people are uncomfortable in general with divorce, similar to death.... they truly feel sorry for you & they say things that aren't helpful because they don't know what else to do. There are also those who don't say anything because they are totally stumped & feel they would make the situation worse.

I believe that is why those of us who have experienced the pain of divorce need to speak up and minister to others going through the same situation. One, it helps them avoid some of what we had to go through and two, it helps us by taking our thoughts from ourselves & focusing on others. I really do believe that is the best cure for misery!

take care,
jinna :pink:

Upvote 0