What Baby Names did You Adore as a Child but HATE now?

S

Sunset2009

Since I'm only 16 & couldn't post this in the Women's Duscussion area, I decided to post here! Hope that's alright.

I've talked to a lot of older women who used to love a certain name when they were a child or teenager, and looking back, can't believe they liked that name even a little bit! Can any of you relate?

I know an older woman & she had her first child when she was only 18. Well, she named him a name that is pretty common, but spelled it very stupidly (LOL) and really regrets it now.

I like names now that I will probably hate once I become an adult, like Anastasia (even though I LOVE that name). :p

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 32 yr old cousin is thinking about naming her baby Anastasia, she is due april 3.

the one name that i loved for years and years was Stephanie..but now i heard the name so many times for so many years i just dont even like it anymore..plus its my hubbys grandmas name and she isnt the most pleasant lady..lol

Upvote 0
R

RoseofLima

When I was pregnant as a teenager, before Idecided to give my baby up for adoption - I was going to name her Anastasia Raven.... I still like that name- but would probably drop the Raven, as it was an homage to a girl who was a really good frind of mine at the time, who I am no longer in touch with.

Another name I remember loving was Jolene. I have no idea why :scratch:

Upvote 0

purpleunicorn_Andi

Mar 22, 2005
san antonio, tx
✟17,595.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was pregnant as a teenager, before Idecided to give my baby up for adoption - I was going to name her Anastasia Raven.... I still like that name- but would probably drop the Raven, as it was an homage to a girl who was a really good frind of mine at the time, who I am no longer in touch with.

Another name I remember loving was Jolene. I have no idea why :scratch:
the dolly parton song jolene?

there really aren't any names that I just can't stand that I liked....I pretty much still like the ones I liked then

Upvote 0

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was the Queen of hyphens. I had about ten names picked out, nearly all were hyphenated and unusual.

Astraea-Jayde Chanja
Teanna-Shea Ebony
Jordyn-Aine Aneira
Erin Sian Chiara
Sarada-(something) Romana
Nyree

These are all that I can remember. I think the boys names were pretty tame by comparison (although there was a Jory in there, after Cathy's son in the "Flowers in the Attic" series).

And what did I end up naming my children? The very traditional names of Isabel Rosemary and Lily Diane. Not a hyphen or odd name in sight :) At sixteen, I would never have believed that I would give my children these names.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I always liked the name Lucy. When i played with my sister i was always called Lucy.
I don't hate the name now but i'd never call a girl that as i think it's too twee and a little girls name.

I always liked the names Robert and James when i was growing up - now i don't think i'll even consider them

Upvote 0