What are your top 5 songs that you enjoy listening to?

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there can be ONE gospel in your list that would be good! =]

Well the ones I want to listen to more frequently than the rest don't necessarily coincide with my five favorite songs of all time from as objective a view as I can make, and that top five most listenable songs will come and go with seasons. But for now, I would say these are it:

1) Thanks to a recent recommendation by, I believe it was, @kittysbecute =>

2) The ending theme to the recent remake of Resident Evil 2. A nice, clean little metal theme. I wish more people who write songs knew that it is possible to rock out without having to be graphic or tasteless =>

3) The cover to Toto's "Africa" done by NSP =>

4) "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac =>

5) "Ordinary World" by Duran Duran =>

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most of the music I listen to now is classical. I also like jazz and opera.

But when I’m cleaning or feel like dancing I’ll put on Scrimshire. I heard the song earlier this year and I love it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This was tough. The first two were no-brainers for me, but narrowing it down to just three more wasn't easy, and I left so many songs off that I could probably come up with one ten times this length.

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
This song blew me away the first time I heard it. I was just starting to develop an interest in rock music, and I thought it was the most incredible thing I had ever heard.

Pink Floyd - Comfortable Numb
My pick for the best guitar solo ever.

Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray
I have a liking for the epic, and they don't get much more epic than this.

Arena - Solomon
A bit shorter than the previous song, this is one I keep returning to as it has so many great moments.

White Heart - Independence Day
Sing the OP mentioned Christian songs, I thought I'd round off the list with my favourite song from my favourite Christian band.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like all sorts of music; what I enjoy listening to at any given time usually depends on the mood I'm in. But usually, my top 5 song list includes:

<1>
Good Charlotte - The River (ft. M. Shadows, Synyster Gates)

<2> The Calling - Wherever You Will Go

<3> Train - Play That Song

<4> Skillet - The Last Night

<5> Skillet - Whispers In The Dark

The River by Good Charlotte has been my favorite song of all time for well over a decade. It's catchy, has a good message at it's core, and I love the biblical references throughout. It's a song about redemption, and comes from a band you wouldn't expect.

I loved Good Charlotte back in high school, and even though most of their music doesn't resonate with me anymore, this song is the exception. I never get tired of listening to it. In general, I usually enjoy romantic songs and alternative rock.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh man this is hard. But I'll make it easier (and more fun) on me, and include only songs that are either at least a little bit Christian, or otherwise somehow touching or soul-striking for the lack of a better word.

In no particular order. I'm tempted to write descriptions of the songs, but I can't do them any justice that way.

1) Sufjan Stevens - To Be Alone With You

2) Kate Bush - Hello Earth

3) Nick Cave (& The Bad Seeds) - I Let Love In

4) Iron&Wine - Freedom Hangs Like Heaven

5) Smashing Pumpkins - Glass and the Ghost Children

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
@Tempura ...the second and third are unavailable...I liked the first one though...just started the 4th...

Sorry bro, can't help it, they're available here in Finland. I changed the links, but if they don't work either, I guess you have to dig them up manually from YT or somewhere else in case you're interested.

edit: figured it out. had to change some songs though, hate this. now they should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I like this kind of thread, but it's hard to narrow down to just 5. My list changes constantly, as I suppose it does for many of us, depending on what I'm listening to. I could do 5 by genre, 5 by decade, 5 by what I listened to yesterday etc. Or maybe top 50 would be easier, lol. Anyway, here's my current list:

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums