What Are Your Favourite Anime Shows Of All Time & Why?

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorites are really a lot of romance ones. I love Toradora for all of its interesting and quirky characters, like Taiga and Minori. I just loooove romances where the lead characters hate each other at first lol.

Honey and Clover is also good. Very heartwarming, bittersweet and I get nostalgia just from watching it again. The ending was original and I was surprised they did something like that, especially for a romance one.

I'm currently watching My Hero Academia! If the show keeps it up, it could become my favorite action anime of all time. Same could apply for Your Lie in April in terms of romance ones.

Upvote 0

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1. 'Dragonball/Dragonball Z'. I was born in 1986 so I grew up on this show. Loved the message of showing kindness while also persevering to get stronger no matter the circumstances. The anime fighting style was great as well. I know many anime's have taken from Toriyama after DB/DBZ blew up worldwide.

2. 'Bleach'. I was watching this before it became known and let me tell you why I enjoyed it. I'm an artist, and the drawing, especially when a battle was taking place, was excellent. That's really why I follow particular anime's depending upon the drawing and fight choreography. However, the story fell off and if you have read news about its creator, he became ill and the story arcs just became blah. I wish they did finish the story how it should've, but what can you do.

3. Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist I'll just put together because I enjoyed them both but FMA had the better story, and just hit all types of feels, lol!

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I've seen around 100 series over the years and my top 3 would be Code Geass, Death Note, and Evangelion. I was also really into Dragonball Z back in high school when it would air on cartoon network. That was the first anime I got into. I'm currently watching Dragonball Super so I'm still a fan of all things DB.

Upvote 0

Sherbert Sorbet

Jul 4, 2017
Birmingham
✟15,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sword Art Online
Aldnoah Zero
Knights of Sidonia
Magi:Adventure of Sindbad
Kuromukuro
I watched Kuromukuro and really loved the characters. I found the storyline and action addicting. I watched some of Aldnoah Zero, but haven't finished it. I have to say my favorites though are Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan. I am drawn by the suspense and the plot, although I found Attack on Titan incredibly violent.

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like lots of anime, some examples of my favorites, however... in no particular order:

Armitage III
Battle Girls: Time Paradox
Blue Gender
Claymore
Elfen Lied
Guilty Crown
Hanasaku Iroha
Highschool of the Dead
Kill la Kill
Log Horizon
Queen's Blade
Revolutionary Girl Utena
The Vision of Escaflowne
Wolf's Rain

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll go first, I really like that one anime a lot it's called Ouran High School Host Club. It's my favourite anime, I just like how it was able to make me feel good and think about things like falling in love, friendship and other things. Ouran has some very awesome characters too, I really like the twins Hikaru and Kaoru the most, both characters are something I can relate to. I liked the anime so much, I bought the anime on DVD and I honestly wanted to have it on Blu-Ray but maybe next time.

Another anime I watched recently and I loved that one it's called Kiss Him Not Me. I enjoyed it so much, I even have a character from the anime as my avatar. lol I got to say the anime made me laugh and it was a blast to watch it on the Funimation website.

Anyway do you have any anime shows that are your favourite ones of all time? Please explain a little why you like what you like.

Thanks for reading!
Ouran is just about my wife's favorite anime, it's up there on my list too. I think my absolute favorite anime would have to be.... (man this is hard...) ummm.... yeah I can't pick a favorite I'll just list awesome ones:
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Great Teacher Onizuka (not for kids)
Magika Madoka Puella.... ok there was no way I was gonna remember that full title but it's a trippy dark magical girls anime and it was unlike any anime I've ever seen.
Sword Art Online
Fairy Tale
Trigun

There's a bunch more, I... I really can't pick a favorite I just like anime lol

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2016
Somewhere or Another
✟10,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Magika Madoka Puella.... ok there was no way I was gonna remember that full title but it's a trippy dark magical girls anime and it was unlike any anime I've ever seen.

I can help you remember the name.

For a price.

EDIT: Notices "agree" response.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Symph
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There's a really good anime that has an ongoing manga (all of which are based on an incomplete light novel series) (the author passed away but the mangaka is using his notes to carry on) called Trinity Blood. It has good characters that you can't help but to love as you watch them develop over the course of the anime/manga/novels. It has vampires and religion and the main character is so good and makes you want to cry at times. It's a really good storyline.

Upvote 0

John "Sir Ota" Go

<Insert Wacky Title Here>
Oct 21, 2017
Quezon City
✟10,180.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm... I would say I loved all of the anime I've watched, even the trash-tier ones. But personally, my favorites are the following:

Little Busters!
A story about how friendship surpasses everything else.
Danganronpa
About why you should never give up hope!
Re: Zero
Wherein the character dies over and over, but finds reasons to continue
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ai
Just plain cute. <3

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Dragon ball is on of them but not my favorite. It's the cutest one so far for me. Dragon ball z is my favorite since it's rad and has a very interesting story to me. Prince vegeta, King vegeta, vegeta Jr. are other reasons why I watch the show, they may be my favorite anime characters of all time. Dbgt because of prince vegeta again and it's cool. Gundam wing and endless waltz are beautiful in picture, and has so much emotion for me all in all maybe even equal to dbz to me. Most of the other gundam series are cool. Cowboy bebop, outlaw, and big o are not bad too. That's all I can recollect for now.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Philippines
✟18,759.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hmm... I would say I loved all of the anime I've watched, even the trash-tier ones. But personally, my favorites are the following:

Little Busters!
A story about how friendship surpasses everything else.
Danganronpa
About why you should never give up hope!
Re: Zero
Wherein the character dies over and over, but finds reasons to continue
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ai
Just plain cute. <3

I like Danganronpa, too. Specially Nagito Komaeda!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As some have already touched on, Death Note is one of my all time favorites. Really had a unique style to it, and it seemed to have two OP characters that were battling only in the mind, when most animes have the same concept but on the outside. This type of story-line takes way more planning and intelligence than any normal anime has been able to do.

Similar to Death note, I like the anime One outs. It is about a baseball team who's the worse in the nation, but then they find someone from off the streets who turns their team around. Though he is incredibly skillful in baseball, he is changes the team more from the dugout, than he does on the field. Well... I'll stop there, before I spoil it for others. :)

In peace

Upvote 0

Lilyj

Dec 26, 2018
West Virginia
✟7,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Sword Art Online!
There are a lot of things about this anime that I would change... mostly because at times its just stupid. (everyone knows that harems are bad and fan service is also stupid... not only that the plot writing/pacing isn't that great..) and it is not for sensitive people, but I personally ignored all the bad stuff and focused on the positive.

It is still such a good love story to me!! I got hooked. you get to watch the two main characters fight for each other and work together. (In a healthy, realistic way, which is actually really rare for anime!!!) ALSO THE MUSIC SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING.

romance, adventure, action, war, technology and pride... I think it promotes heros and it reminds me a lot from the Princess Bride. Also the animation itself is beautiful. I recommend only season one, I have watched everything that is out for the whole series (season 1, 2 and 3, including a little bit of the light novels..) but season one really is the best!!
Violet Evergarden!
Also a love story, a little on the gory side because its about world war 2, but the plot moves along and it really is beautiful animation. It feels like I'm watching a regular classic tv show. Its just so good. I cant express enough about it.

Toradora!
I won't speak to you about this one, if you haven't heard of this show before , WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? get up and go watch it! Its just a classic.
Your lie in April..
also really good. I am a violinist and I felt deeply attached to the characters. music is gorgeous.
Kamisama Kiss..
I kinda liked this series, again, it depends on your taste, but I definitely got hooked on it. I read the manga for a long time.
MANGA- Fairy Tail- a good series if you like the constant theme of good v.s. evil and the power of friendship. Loved the manga as a kid. I'm putting this on this forum because I have friends that enjoyed the tv show. I haven't gotten into it yet.
Also, literally anything from Studio Ghibli. Man, are you even a true animation geek if you haven't watched at least Howls Moving Castle? or Totoro?

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden: I absolutely love this one. It deals with so many different things, and goes the spectrum from absolutely hilarious to absolutely heartwrenching, and has wonderful character development. And I love how the main hero in the end isn't a genius or a protege, but simply has the "guts to never give up". I'm still watching this, btw. My kids and I watch several episodes together every weekend and we're about 1/3 through Shippuden, but I've read a lot about it so I know a lot of the plot twists (spoilers don't really bother me).

Death Note: I couldn't add to what everyone else has said about it. It's just phenomenial.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Still watching this one but have been SO impressed by the voice acting, the characters and the story line. When I saw epsiodes 3 and 4 (I think...the one with the girl) I knew this would be an amazing anime.

My Hero Academia: Just love this, so far, for a lot of the same reasons as Naruto.

Upvote 0