Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Abandoned building exploration videos on YouTube.

Those are fun, although often quite sad. Just shows you that nothing lasts forever and nature is always a moments grasp from taking it away.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Those are fun, although often quite sad. Just shows you that nothing lasts forever and nature is always a moments grasp from taking it away.
True, but I like how they cast the mundane in a more interesting light. Yesterday's junk as archaeological treasure. Along with thinking of the past, I wonder what the future might bring. Some of those places are in good enough condition to be restored, or even used as is.

The saddest part for me is the vandalism.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True, but I like how they cast the mundane in a more interesting light. Yesterday's junk as archaeological treasure. Along with thinking of the past, I wonder what the future might bring. Some of those places are in good enough condition to be restored, or even used as is.

The saddest part for me is the vandalism.

Really? I don't care about the vandalism that much. Maybe future archaeologists.. but even the vandalism is about human history, lol.

I remember one YouTube video where they explored an abandoned funeral home. Now.. that was creepy..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kiwi Jane

Aug 19, 2020
Wellington
✟15,865.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
My mom and dad love this show.

It's really good so far. It's relatable for us in NZ and AUS as well, because we have a declining population of graziers who have ranches like Yellowstone.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Watching Enemy At The Gates.. haven't seen this one in a while. Although Jude Law performances are ruined by me.. because this one podcast I listen too has this guy who thinks he's the best looking man in history and constantly gushes about him. He even ripped off his shirt on one episode only to reveal he was wearing a t-shirt with Jude Law's face covered on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I watched Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure. Used to watch it as a kid. The characters were alright for about five minutes, after that I found them pretty annoying and wish they died.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I watched Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure. Used to watch it as a kid. The characters were alright for about five minutes, after that I found them pretty annoying and wish they died.

Although I'll say after watching the sequel (don't believe I've ever seen it before today), I find them much better.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really? I don't care about the vandalism that much. Maybe future archaeologists.. but even the vandalism is about human history, lol.

I remember one YouTube video where they explored an abandoned funeral home. Now.. that was creepy..
It depends. I don't mind vandalism if we're talking about abandoned public buildings. In fact, I sometimes like graffiti as an art form... but I'd rather see abandoned homes left undisturbed. Especially when they're full of vintage furniture and other objects of daily life from decades ago. Vandalism ruins the time-capsule effect, and distracts from the natural processes that occur over time.

Upvote 0