Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but there was just a scene where they are at a party and some guy is dancing with someone else's wife and making advances to her.. the husband or whatever gets up and I assume he's ready to deck the guy in the face but instead decks his wife in the face.. lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When's the last time you watched a good Meg Ryan movie?

What does Meg Ryan have to do with anything?

When Harry Met Sally was good.. honestly cannot think of watching her elsewhere. Plastic surgery turned her into a monster.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What does Meg Ryan have to do with anything?

When Harry Met Sally was good.. honestly cannot think of watching her elsewhere. Plastic surgery turned her into a monster.

It has to do with my own young romantic notions...

You mentioned Meryl Streep when she was younger...I mention Meg Ryan.

fuhgeddaboudit guido

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It has to do with my own young romantic notions...

You mentioned Meryl Streep when she was younger...I mention Meg Ryan.

fuhgeddaboudit guido

Yeah but everyone pretty much knows Meg Ryan was attractive when she was younger.. for Meryl Streep.. at least from the younger generations.. it might be more of a shock.. lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah but everyone pretty much knows Meg Ryan was attractive when she was younger.. for Meryl Streep.. at least from the younger generations.. it might be more of a shock.. lol.

They're actors...I've rarely seen any unattractive actors...

Heck, anybody that comes across the T.V. screen (that's not "reality") is pretty much attractive...even if it just boils down to the way they carry themselves.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They're actors...I've rarely seen any unattractive actors...

Heck, anybody that comes across the T.V. screen (that's not "reality") is pretty much attractive...even if it just boils down to the way they carry themselves.

I would say it is more rare to see an unattractive female actor compared to a male actor. Consequently you see less big name actors of an advanced age being female compared to male. Meryl Streep being a rare exception. While it is understandable she would probably have to get her acting start being pretty, as someone who hasn't really seen her act when she was young it still comes off as a shock.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's funny though.. in early Hollywood most of the men had to be beautiful as well.. but then the male actors aged.. and audiences became attached to them.. so slowly the idea of less than beautiful (at least male) actors became more accepted.. then the new wave in the 70s hit and actors like Robert De Niro and the like were able to make their careers despite never being particularly good looking themselves.

The same is slowly happening with women.. mainly due to more outspoken female voices.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's funny though.. in early Hollywood most of the men had to be beautiful as well.. but then the male actors aged.. and audiences became attached to them.. so slowly the idea of less than beautiful (at least male) actors became more accepted.. then the new wave in the 70s hit and actors like Robert De Niro and the like were able to make their careers despite never being particularly good looking themselves.

The same is slowly happening with women.. mainly due to more outspoken female voices.

Character has become more attractive over time...perhaps?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Character has become more attractive over time...perhaps?

Realism certainly has.. I also think for the average audience person they want to see someone who looks more like them on screen.

Look at how feminism has been influencing things. They are getting really overweight women as models now. Almost the reverse happening.. this time good looking men and non attractive women in some avenues. I walk through a store they and they have models for clothes. Chiseled six pack men and overweight women.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Realism certainly has.. I also think for the average audience person they want to see someone who looks more like them on screen.

Look at how feminism has been influencing things. They are getting really overweight women as models now. Almost the reverse happening.. this time good looking men and non attractive women in some avenues. I walk through a store they and they have models for clothes. Chiseled six pack men and overweight women.

Hmmm, yeah, I don't know. Really, for me, it's all about swag...how they carry themselves and radiate good energy. This is what I mean by character.

I mean, of course, that initial catching of the eye is a force, but it's proven weak in the long run--to me anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A Rebel Without A Cause. Can't believe an American movie made in 1955 is PG-13.

This movie has pretty good cinematography for the 50s.

Sad that most of these actors are probably dead. 65 years ago.

Upvote 0