Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Finished Sermon On the mount By MLJ.. Man what a book if you have not read it you just have too.

On to the letter of James with Douglas Moo and his commentary in the Pillar series.

Bill
Thick book.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

The Thursday night men's group has completed James now on too...

Spurgeon said, "It would not be possible for me too earnestly to press upon you the importance of reading the expositions of that prince among men,
JOHN CALVIN!"

upload_2021-9-17_8-45-24.png

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good Day,

The Thursday night men's group has completed James now on too...

Spurgeon said, "It would not be possible for me too earnestly to press upon you the importance of reading the expositions of that prince among men,
JOHN CALVIN!"

View attachment 305961
I prefer the single volume edition over the two volume edition. Excellent choice.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm reading the First Nations Version of the New Testament. I'm concerned that creating a translation and altering the traditional english theological language will divide us.

Examples:

Sin is translation bad hearts and broken ways
Jesus - Creator Sets Free
Kingdom of God - Good Road
baptism - purification ceremony
church - sacred family
Rebecca - Hold Together
Moses - Drawn from the Water

"The Great Spirit loves this world of human beings so deeply he gave us his Son - the only Son who fully represents him. All who trust in him and his way will not come to a bad end, but will have the life of the world to come that come that never fades away, full of beauty and harmon." John 3:16

"In all these things, Creator is working to bring good to the ones who love him, the ones he chose according to his ancient purpose." Romans 8:28

I think it would be better to teach the congregation proper theological terms rather than change names and meanings.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm reading the First Nations Version of the New Testament. I'm concerned that creating a translation and altering the traditional english theological language will divide us.

Examples:

Sin is translation bad hearts and broken ways
Jesus - Creator Sets Free
Kingdom of God - Good Road
baptism - purification ceremony
church - sacred family
Rebecca - Hold Together
Moses - Drawn from the Water

"The Great Spirit loves this world of human beings so deeply he gave us his Son - the only Son who fully represents him. All who trust in him and his way will not come to a bad end, but will have the life of the world to come that come that never fades away, full of beauty and harmon." John 3:16

"In all these things, Creator is working to bring good to the ones who love him, the ones he chose according to his ancient purpose." Romans 8:28

I think it would be better to teach the congregation proper theological terms rather than change names and meanings.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Wow. That’s pretty bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The case for Christian nationalism by Wolfe, Colossians, listening to a lot of old Art Bell Coast to Coast episodes via podcast.
Art Bell! I remember years ago, lying in bed in the wee hours, trying to tune the radio to get his show to come in on an old AM station. Wasn't aware of the podcasts, need to check them out.

I'm curious about The Case for Christian Nationalism, have seen it advertised.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0