North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is one of those songs that reminds me that some people seem to get more than their fair share of talent. Not only was Paul Thorn a talented singer/musician, but he really could "Whup somebody's ass". He once went a full twelve rounds with Roberto Duran.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know if there’s a pop punk/emo/metal renaissance going on right now or it’s just a phase I’m going through, but it seems to me that more and more female artists are dipping their toes into the aggressive-rock music genres these days. Of course we’ve had Avril Lavigne, Flyleaf, and Paramore around for a while, but more recently we’ve seen artists like Poppy who started out in bubblegum pop moving into metal and punk. And now… a Disney star may be following her lead.

So I just heard Demi Lovato’s new song Eat Me (album is explicit so not posting the video here) last night which prompted me to look up the whole album. Wow! I’ve had it on repeat all morning. You can hear her old sound poking through the more raw, defiant energy of these new songs where she talks about her drug problems, the pressure she faces as a female artist, and some deep scars from her past. Nothing inherently ground-breaking — in fact it feels a little trite at times — but her voice is as strong as ever and I’m darned to heck if it’s not ridiculously catchy. Love it.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The unexpected and sad news about Lisa-Marie Presley got me listening to some of her dad's very early records on the Sun label. If the King of Rock n'Roll was still us, he'd be 88 this month. A .couple of my favorites:

And a duet he did with later Lisa- Marie:

Edited to add: A little known fact: Elvis could be considered Jewish. His mom Gladys's great, great grandmother was Jewish. It's my understanding that according to Jewish law, Judaism is transferred through the maternal line. Which would make Elvis Jewish by blood. He was aware of this--and along with a cross--had a Star of David engraved on Gladys's headstone at Graceland..

640px-Gladys_Love_Presley_12.21.19-640x400.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Punk love songs are few and far between, and this one is a good one. Clever lyrics, as clever as a good country-western song. I particularly like when he rhymes militia with kiss ya.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.