Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,263.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I'd never bothered to look up a translation. Makes about as much sense in either language.

Anyway he sang the bridge to the below song in a weird language. First time I heard it I thought "oh more Spanish". But then I realized it wasn't Spanish. I'm thinking "Portuguese, Italian, what is that?" A few mouse clicks informed me that it's Esperanto. I've never known anyone who knew any of that alleged language. The guy went to the trouble to learn to write a verse in Esperanto. I guess I respect that, especially since the song is about an outer space lady who could possibly be expected to know a universal language. More importantly, it's a pretty song, IMO.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess they inspired Nirvana somewhat. The Pixies are better suited to movie tracts imo. Some of their stuff is good but it feels more theatrical to me and remind me of pop and rock operas. But that’s just me. A lot of the stuff I listen to depends on my mood.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,263.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I guess they inspired Nirvana somewhat. The Pixies are better suited to movie tracts imo. Some of their stuff is good but it feels more theatrical to me and remind me of pop and rock operas. But that’s just me. A lot of the stuff I listen to depends on my mood.
You're wrong about them. Change your mood. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,263.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Go all the way". Shame on you, that's a dirty song. Here, here's a wholesome song about two consenting married adults looking forward to having a nice lunch, I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been listening to Happy Hardcore its not the only thing I listen too but its very lively and I'm sure I am the only person who listens to it now.

I used to listen to that all the time in my 20’s. It’s great for cardio!

Now I’ve been listening to a lot of My Chemical Romance. I’m amazed at how we all were just casually listening to their absolute masterpieces back in the day.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0