What are you listening to right now? (24)

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

Lord Of The Forest

Bring a man out of his stupor and make him listen.

Great Music.
Good female singer.

Wish Tarja Turunen was singing it instead.
I love how Nightwish had to hire a male soprano to sing the very beginning of Poet and the Pendulum; they wouldn't have needed him had Tuomas not been such a drama queen and kicked out Tarja. It's his loss. DPP is still my favourite Nightwish release since it was the first one I heard, but I recognise its flaws that came to a head in Imaginaerum. Maybe Floor will be a positive addition to the band, but I'm not holding my breath; Richard Dawkins is featured on the new release. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgUrNzQZixM

Upvote 0

DaedraSun

A Refraction of Light
Sep 24, 2014
✟999.00
Faith
Other Religion
I love how Nightwish had to hire a male soprano to sing the very beginning of Poet and the Pendulum; they wouldn't have needed him had Tuomas not been such a drama queen and kicked out Tarja. It's his loss. DPP is still my favourite Nightwish release since it was the first one I heard, but I recognise its flaws that came to a head in Imaginaerum. Maybe Floor will be a positive addition to the band, but I'm not holding my breath; Richard Dawkins is featured on the new release. ^_^

Interesting, I don't know the story behind that. I've listened to some of Tarja's solo stuff and wondered at the split. Enjoyed some of it, but it doesn't grab me like NW with Tarjua - so I wondered if some egos were involved like seems to happen to so many bands who lose great singers/instrumentalists either because they are kicked out or leave thinking their solo stuff will be just as popular.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.