• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't know threads got closed. Interesting.
Feeling decent this morning. Sleep was ok. I wanted to sleep on the sofa last night because the kitty was snuggling me with me and purring up a storm. Today the boys go back to school. When I pick them up it is really stressful. They run all over the building. I have no control. They know it. It drains me. By the time we get home, I feel beat down and defeated. I can't keep them home from school(half day preschool). I dread them going to school now. I feel like everything is a fight with them. They are so good for their teachers at school, for their teachers at church, for other family members, but not for me.

Upvote 0

lindart

Jun 6, 2011
USA
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know threads got closed. Interesting.
Feeling decent this morning. Sleep was ok. I wanted to sleep on the sofa last night because the kitty was snuggling me with me and purring up a storm. Today the boys go back to school. When I pick them up it is really stressful. They run all over the building. I have no control. They know it. It drains me. By the time we get home, I feel beat down and defeated. I can't keep them home from school(half day preschool). I dread them going to school now. I feel like everything is a fight with them. They are so good for their teachers at school, for their teachers at church, for other family members, but not for me.

LilyBelle, I remember being at this place. There was a time when I was overwhelmed with being a single parent of five children, four of them boys. You will come to the understanding that things are out of control and that you will have to be the one to regain this. Control is not the right word here. I believe in structure. Children need structure in their home as well as in school. They fare well because they know what to expect and what is expected of them when they are in school. Please provide this for them at home. If mom represents chaos, the kids will reflect chaos. Do all of this in the spirit of respect and love for your children. Life will go better for you and your children. :wave:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am feeling stressed because of my daughter's situation, worried about my grandchildren's future, and grateful for the support shown me here.

Upvote 0
K

koshka

Feeling concerned to know that my diabetes has got worse. I've been feeling off for a few weeks and thirsty in the night and so i finally found the sugar testing kit i asked for from the doctor (they didn't automatically give me one) and found i was 10.4 before eating anything - I used to be a 6.5. So I need to be ultra careful with my diet - concerned about my eyes cos they've already shown sign of damage.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Still spiritually sort of blank. I'm not sure but... I think God might be done with me. I've been rebellious and hardhearted. Been thinking about the joy I had few days ago about being protected by Him and loved by Him and... I don't know. I've been praying today but I don't feel inclined to it. I wanted to read the word of God but I don't feel inclined to. I knew that this would eventually happen. If the world wouldn't beat me than I would do it to myself. :cry:
I pray God forgives me what I've done and restores to me His joy. Otherwise I might as well disappear. The only reason I went through last 8 months is because He gave me hope. And I rebelled... :(

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Still spiritually sort of blank. I'm not sure but... I think God might be done with me. I've been rebellious and hardhearted. Been thinking about the joy I had few days ago about being protected by Him and loved by Him and... I don't know. I've been praying today but I don't feel inclined to it. I wanted to read the word of God but I don't feel inclined to. I knew that this would eventually happen. If the world wouldn't beat me than I would do it to myself. :cry:
I pray God forgives me what I've done and restores to me His joy. Otherwise I might as well disappear. The only reason I went through last 8 months is because He gave me hope. And I rebelled... :(

God isn't done with you. You still care about the fact that you believed you slipped: the holy spirit does that. God is still speaking, the only limiting factor is whether you are listening. :) God will always forgive you, if you really regret your errors from your heart.

The limiting factor is always US, always. We put the brakes on the relationship, not God. No one should ever say that God is unwilling to forgive, only that we are unwilling to seek it from our hearts. No one should say that God damns, only that we damn ourselves.

Do not worry about whether God will return to you, He is already there. :) Return to Him. The fact that you are even worried about it, tells me that God has not withdrawn His spirit from you. No one whose heart is closed would even be worried about it.

Accept that we are all imperfect humans and be forgiven. :)

Peace

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. I guess He's still working on me. I just don't know what but that's not scaring me because He will finish His work in due time and make me fruitful. But there are battles to be fought and fighting the fight of faith has been a constant war for me. There's always something. And every time I get fully convinced that there is nothing the devil or his demons can do I feel like he pulls a plug on me. This week it's video games. Never have I feel condemned about playing them but just a little worried about them becoming a potential idol and waste of time if overplayed. I'm pretty sure that God can use even this situation but I hope He doesn't wait too much. Well, Jesus did say "woe to the one who falls and has not another to pick him up". If that is to be fully true in my life, I'm definitely hellbound. But why did He say that? Did He mean that if we fall He doesn't pick us up? If so, why not? I might be asking too much by now...
There is nobody to slap me or to see that I'm about to waste too much time in entertainment or something instead of studying and the word of God. I trust that tomorrow will be better but I wish that I didn't have fears that I do. And I see no end of them except heaven. I know that persuasion like that doesn't come from God, but sometimes, as hard as this is to admit, it looks as if darkness cares to destroy me more than Jesus cares to protect me. And that verse is sort of backing that up. :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The word of God is sharper than a two edged sword indeed. :)
It is not self condemnation that I had to deal with but the lack of His word! His grace is amazing! I finished reading Colossians an hour ago and something happened, I just don't feel empty anymore nor hopeless. :D
I thought it wouldn't work or that God is done with inspiring me through His word and that has kept me from reading it today. If thought like that comes to you guys, know that it's not coming from God. That is the persuasion of the enemy. His ways, tho mysterious, are wonderful and awesome. :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tomorrow our son is getting married and I walk around riddled by anxiety. I have always had big struggles with fear, some like fear and seek it out, but I rather be gone from it.

This fearful spell might have been brought on by my medications I've had that before, now and try and medicate it away again.:o

Hopefully I will still enjoy the day, it is an important one for my son and his bride.

Have a blessed day:wave:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm being made secretary of the homeowner's association. It's a volunteer position, but it looks good on a resume, and I do want to get back into working, so I want to do well. First meeting is in two hours, and I still haven't been able to shake this migraine.

Oh, I'm going anyway.... I've decided if I go places and do things even though I do feel sick, the devil might knock it off and give up on making me sick when there's something to be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

droidBebe

Biblical Israelite
Jun 20, 2010
Northern VA
✟10,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Jeshu said:
Tomorrow our son is getting married and I walk around riddled by anxiety. I have always had big struggles with fear, some like fear and seek it out, but I rather be gone from it.

This fearful spell might have been brought on by my medications I've had that before, now and try and medicate it away again.:o

Hopefully I will still enjoy the day, it is an important one for my son and his bride.

Congratulations!!

Upvote 0

droidBebe

Biblical Israelite
Jun 20, 2010
Northern VA
✟10,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
LovebirdsFlying said:
I'm being made secretary of the homeowner's association. It's a volunteer position, but it looks good on a resume, and I do want to get back into working, so I want to do well. First meeting is in two hours, and I still haven't been able to shake this migraine.

Oh, I'm going anyway.... I've decided if I go places and do things even though I do feel sick, the devil might knock it off and give up on making me sick when there's something to be done.

Excellent! I've been trying to not give up.

Upvote 0

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟9,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals

:clap: That's wonderful Jeshu. Weddings are always great, I hope that you enjoy this special day also and have peace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.