• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to disagree with you here brother, though I fully agree that formal prayer is not the kind that God is after. Prayer is real-time communion with God, so often it is more of a spiritual surrender, closeness being with Him rather than an oral oration. Still God wants the full tithing from us - 10 percent of our total time spend with Him and in Him, just read Malachi 3, before Malachi 4 concludes the word in the O.T. Also I'm reminded of Paul's words to pray continually in 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Malachi 3:6-12
“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty.

“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’

“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.

I didnt say it was the only way to pray, i only said it was my way. Jesus said God already knows what we need before we ask. Why should i talk Gods ear off then? I keep my prayers short and to the point. If however i need someone to talk to, i talk a lot. I just cast all my burdens on Him.

Its my way, if others dont agree they can pray however they wish.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didnt say it was the only way to pray, i only said it was my way. Jesus said God already knows what we need before we ask. Why should i talk Gods ear off then? I keep my prayers short and too the point. If however i need someone to talk to, i talk a lot. I just cast all my burdens on Him.

Its my way, if others dont agree they can pray however they wish.

Yeah I agree that God knows what we are going to ask from Him before we open our mouth, and that many words don't make up good prayers, the bible also teaches that. Indeed like you, I don't offer many prayers up in the traditional sense either, but I know God still really likes it when we turn to him in communion and find oneness in His loving truth, for only in His loving truth do we find His blessings becoming real. It is important that our understanding of the truth doesn't exclude what the bible teaches about the matter. That is what I mean when I say we ought to immerse ourselves in His loving truth, not just stay in our unredeemed reality, for that is when His blessings will begin to overwhelm us and this is what I believe Paul means when He advices us to pray unceasingly.

Reactions: Sevensong
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I agree that God knows what we are going to ask from Him before we open our mouth, and that many words don't make up good prayers, the bible also teaches that. Indeed like you, I don't offer many prayers up in the traditional sense either, but I know God still really likes it when we turn to him in communion and find oneness in His loving truth, for only in His loving truth do we find His blessings becoming real. It is important that our understanding of the truth doesn't exclude what the bible teaches about the matter. That is what I mean when I say we ought to immerse ourselves in His loving truth, not just stay in our unredeemed reality, for that is when His blessings will begin to overwhelm us and this is what I believe Paul means when He advices us to pray unceasingly.

Yes, you're correct brother. I was just trying to be helpful, maybe my words were not as good as they should have been. Thanks for adding to them. You are right, i agree.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning everybody how is life going on the other side of the world? It is still dark here at 4.30 in the morning but another 30-45 minutes or so and the first lights will break through. I love the Dawn it is a very special time to commune with God because every morning His mercies are anew, so we start with a clean slate so to speak.

Feeling a little nauseated but not bad this morning. I have been craving sweets ever since I started my sugarless diet two days ago, lets hope it doesn't get too bad and lets hope it will pay off in the long run. Candida could well be the cause of my nausea apparently it usually comes together with copper poisoning, one causes the other.

I slept almost 6 hours last night but not as solid as the night before, ever since 2.30 am I began to wake up again but I still made it to 3.45 am before I began to get annoyed and had to get up. Hopefully I catch another hour before the day is out but it is not so pressing when 6 hours have already been made.

My doctor gave me Anacardium to treat any psychotic experiences. Yesterday my head felt strangely calm all day long, amazing how my broken thoughts became whole and my tumbling mind was put straight, but today everything is tumbling again. She told me to take the stuff twice a week more if I need it badly, I might try a bit more later on today especially if the volume in my head increases even more.

I still get this loud zooming in my ears I'm not really sure why that happens, especially in the evenings it seems to get really bad but my jaw clenching seems to have subsided somewhat.

How is everybody else going?

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good morning everybody how is life going on the other
Good morning, Gerry. You seem to be doing better; praise God for that!

Never heard of Anacardium. Hope it works well for you.

It's shortly after 3 PM Texas time. I'm lying down now enduring a headache I've had about an hour. I have a prescription med to take for it and usually does the job.

My wife is now employed again beginning last Tuesday. Not quite what we were hoping for but it will work out.

I worked in the yard several hours today and mowed my large yard for the first time this year. Way too early it seems but garden planting season around here begins in March. I don't think I want to do too much in the way of gardening this year but still have time to change my mind.

I could be sleeping better but still manageable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm very sorry to everyone for their difficulties that they're going through at this moment. In the meantime, I'm dealing with a pessimist on Facebook (part of me is tempted to tell them to "snap out of it" or something like that and then some, but then I think: how would I feel if I was the same way, and someone told me to "snap out of it"?), but other than that, I'm doing good, by the Grace of God :)

Upvote 0

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟9,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
G
I still get this loud zooming in my ears I'm not really sure why that happens, especially in the evenings it seems to get really bad but my jaw clenching seems to have subsided somewhat.

That zooming or ringing in your ears may be Tinnitus which can be the result of stress, medication or illness. I also suffer from a constant ringing in my ears which can get worse under certain circumstances. Hope it goes away soon Jeshu as your health improves. Make sure you try and get plenty of rest if possible.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good morning everybody how is life going on the other side of the world? It is still dark here at 4.30 in the morning but another 30-45 minutes or so and the first lights will break through. I love the Dawn it is a very special time to commune with God because every morning His mercies are anew, so we start with a clean slate so to speak.

Feeling a little nauseated but not bad this morning. I have been craving sweets ever since I started my sugarless diet two days ago, lets hope it doesn't get too bad and lets hope it will pay off in the long run. Candida could well be the cause of my nausea apparently it usually comes together with copper poisoning, one causes the other.

I slept almost 6 hours last night but not as solid as the night before, ever since 2.30 am I began to wake up again but I still made it to 3.45 am before I began to get annoyed and had to get up. Hopefully I catch another hour before the day is out but it is not so pressing when 6 hours have already been made.

My doctor gave me Anacardium to treat any psychotic experiences. Yesterday my head felt strangely calm all day long, amazing how my broken thoughts became whole and my tumbling mind was put straight, but today everything is tumbling again. She told me to take the stuff twice a week more if I need it badly, I might try a bit more later on today especially if the volume in my head increases even more.

How is everybody else going?

Im doing good. Have a rough day, but it has been a blessing regardless. I'll ttyl Jeshu. Its bedtime for me. :sleep:

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That zooming or ringing in your ears may be Tinnitus which can be the result of stress, medication or illness. I also suffer from a constant ringing in my ears which can get worse under certain circumstances. Hope it goes away soon Jeshu as your health improves. Make sure you try and get plenty of rest if possible.

I have that, its mostly due to nerve damage from loud music, guns, factories and power tools. Sometimes i wonder if its linked to stress as well. good night Vic.

Upvote 0

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟9,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
The salmon are back early this year, I used to love catching them but it has been years ago since I did.

Looks like fun Jeshu, but I don't know if those fish are good to eat as they are not the same as the salmon they have in Canada.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good morning, Gerry. You seem to be doing better; praise God for that!

Never heard of Anacardium. Hope it works well for you.

It's shortly after 3 PM Texas time. I'm lying down now enduring a headache I've had about an hour. I have a prescription med to take for it and usually does the job.

My wife is now employed again beginning last Tuesday. Not quite what we were hoping for but it will work out.

I worked in the yard several hours today and mowed my large yard for the first time this year. Way too early it seems but garden planting season around here begins in March. I don't think I want to do too much in the way of gardening this year but still have time to change my mind.

I could be sleeping better but still manageable.

Nice to see you today brother. Goodnight.

Upvote 0

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟9,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I have that, its mostly due to nerve damage from loud music, guns, factories and power tools. Sometimes i wonder if its linked to stress as well. good night Vic.

Yes, it can be caused by loud noise, but also stress, medication and illness can be a cause too. It's morning here now, but goodnight to you Extraneous!

Reactions: Extraneous
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm very sorry to everyone for their difficulties that they're going through at this moment. In the meantime, I'm dealing with a pessimist on Facebook (part of me is tempted to tell them to "snap out of it" or something like that and then some, but then I think: how would I feel if I was the same way, and someone told me to "snap out of it"?), but other than that, I'm doing good, by the Grace of God :)

Good to hear you are well Loyal. Goodnight.

Upvote 0

Victorium

Oct 21, 2009
Perth.
✟9,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
The salmon are back early this year, I used to love catching them but it has been years ago since I did.

Looks like fun Jeshu, but I don't know if those fish are good to eat as they are not the same as the salmon they have in Canada.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.