• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
invisiblenothing said:
I feel like nothing is helping me. Medications haven`t worked since I started taking these in 2011. Talking to therapist seems pointless and anyway I don`t talk much there.

We are created beings that need unconditional accepting love. We crave this kind of love that we need but we can't give this kind of love because all of our love is conditional in some way and is self serving. The only way we can get this love is from God who is the embodiment of love, God is love. When Messiah came He suffered and died and did so in silence. How often do we continually try and defend our words and actions? Even on this forum from thread to thread I'm constantly tempted to defend my posts. I think because I want to help others that I have to prove my advice or interpretation of scripture is valid when some other person disagrees. But God doesn't need love because he is love and therefor he is able to give us that kind of unconditional love that we need so we can be who we were created to be. Jesus had to suffer and die without exercising his right to justify himself so that we could receive love. As a result we can begin to love one another in this way.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

GreatSpeckledBird

Jun 1, 2013
Amarillo Texas
✟15,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are created beings that need unconditional accepting love. We crave this kind of love that we need but we can't give this kind of love because all of our love is conditional in some way and is self serving. The only way we can get this love is from God who is the embodiment of love, God is love. When Messiah came He suffered and died and did so in silence. How often do we continually try and defend our words and actions? Even on this forum from thread to thread I'm constantly tempted to defend my posts. I think because I want to help others that I have to prove my advice or interpretation of scripture is valid when some other person disagrees. But God doesn't need love because he is love and therefor he is able to give us that kind of unconditional love that we need so we can be who we were created to be. Jesus had to suffer and die without exercising his right to justify himself so that we could receive love. As a result we can begin to love one another in this way.

that's beautiful

Upvote 0

droidBebe

Biblical Israelite
Jun 20, 2010
Northern VA
✟10,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm feeling very bad. My mom is going to make us leave. What am I supposed to do? The baby will be here this summer and I don't have any support. Who will help me with the children? How will we get around? Where will we live?

When my sister and her family needed a place to stay they stayed with my mother for at least a year. I have only been here a couple of months and we have to go. She hates me. I hate her too.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I feel like nothing is helping me. Medications haven`t worked since I started taking these in 2011. Talking to therapist seems pointless and anyway I don`t talk much there.

:hug:
Have you had your meds reviewed recently? There are a lot of alternatives - something different may work for you :hug:
Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
maybe i will go to an international(including Chinese and non-Chinese Christians) English service tomorrow, which is "legal" and managed by the government.
Praying that you have a good time and are blessed and encouraged, brother :hug:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling very bad. My mom is going to make us leave. What am I supposed to do? The baby will be here this summer and I don't have any support. Who will help me with the children? How will we get around? Where will we live?

When my sister and her family needed a place to stay they stayed with my mother for at least a year. I have only been here a couple of months and we have to go. She hates me. I hate her too.

(((((((((((((Sheena)))))))))))))))
Praying that your mother changes her mind, sweetie.

Are there any charitable or church organisations you can ask for help and support?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

droidBebe

Biblical Israelite
Jun 20, 2010
Northern VA
✟10,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Criada said:
(((((((((((((Sheena)))))))))))))))
Praying that your mother changes her mind, sweetie.

Are there any charitable or church organisations you can ask for help and support?

I'm going to look into moving into a shelter in a neighboring county. Maybe I can use that to get into transitional housing. I'm worried; she said we have to go next week.

Upvote 0

droidBebe

Biblical Israelite
Jun 20, 2010
Northern VA
✟10,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Lady Bug said:
I always get extremely exhausted when I go out someplace, even when it's only 5 minutes away.

I used to be like that too. Even if I knew ahead of time I would get tired just thinking about it.

Prayers for your strength, Lady Bug.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
^thanks :)

I wanted to get a Subway sandwich before I went home but my dad said I shouldn't because of what I'd eat later, that I had enough food at home. I'm so hungry now. I may have to eat some cereal. I just wish he'd have let me eat that Sandwich. I'm old enough to decide these things.

Reactions: power2theweak
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I always get extremely exhausted when I go out someplace, even when it's only 5 minutes away.

^thanks :)

I wanted to get a Subway sandwich before I went home but my dad said I shouldn't because of what I'd eat later, that I had enough food at home. I'm so hungry now. I may have to eat some cereal. I just wish he'd have let me eat that Sandwich. I'm old enough to decide these things.

Sorry it's so hard and tiring, sweetie - praying for strength and resilience :hug:
It really isn't up to your father what you eat - you are an adult! I know it's hard, but try to set some boundaries, sweetie, he seems to treat you like a child in many ways.
:hug:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to look into moving into a shelter in a neighboring county. Maybe I can use that to get into transitional housing. I'm worried; she said we have to go next week.

Praying that you can find somewhere quickly, sweetie.
If you explain that you are trying to find accomodation, will she allow you to stay until something is sorted out?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.