• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Runningfish

plumsink - you don't have to apologize or ask to be forgiven, not by me. I'm currently going through this too. I guess depression is something I'll always have to live with. I pray he gives us the strength we need in the lows and the ability to remember him, thank you, praise him- even then. Praying for you.

cmjames84 - it's good to be content. Praise him. :)

sarahelizabeth - let's praise him for your happiness! :)

aflower4God - Praying for you now Miss Flower.

Broken Hearted - Be safe BH - trust him. I'm praying for you! :hugs:

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I'm holding something back from the Lord, as if I don't want to confess something. I don't know what. :doh:

Fighting spiritual battles can be as fighting against ghosts sometimes. And I know that the devil and his puppets lie to us, that's not what I mean. What I mean is rather being aware that you're fighting but it feels like going against the wind that just keeps blowing at you harder and harder... At moments I feel as if God is pushing me away. For the last couple days I don't even know if He cares about small prayers about small stuff or just glorious ones (I haven't defined this yet but one example would be for the conversion of your family, strengthening of your faith and zeal etc...).

Other times when things are quiet I can feel even worse. I can tell something is wrong when I'm calm, like today. I want to look to Jesus all the time and once I'm done with this studying I will but I don't like this quietness. It's sort of comforting but very distracting. This is paradoxical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
For months, I have been free of depression. I was happy, I was confident about what I wanted to do and was doing it. Maybe even thinking, I don't ever have to be depressed again.

And now I am back in the pit. I doubt everything I am doing, doubting everything in general. I feel like the world is horrible, too horrible to bear. Like the whole human race is falling off a precipice, and inventing new precipices all the time to fall off of, utterly lost. We're all madmen, and the worst madmen don't even see it. And the madman who is yelling in the street, yelling "all is lost, repent" is the only one who knows he is a madman, and so is to that extent sane. And no one listens, they go on being mad until finally all their evils come home to roost. The worst Dachau is the Dachau no one believes in, even as it is killing them. The Dachau of the soul.

I'm sad, I'm even lonely, not something that happens to me very often. When things are good, I always think alone is a good thing. I'm happy to do my own thing. Now I wonder whether I have cheated myself. I wonder whether I would trade it all in, everything I am, everything I've done, everything I know, for just a little human warmth.

Forgive me, I had to tell someone.

:hug:
So sorry, Robert - praying that it passes and you can find contentment again.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I feel SOOOOOO used by this one guy! :cry: :cry:
My best friend kept on warning me over and over again. But I didn't listen I KNOW she is sick of me too cause I will not listen to her. :cry: :cry:
I should just go. :cry: :cry:

Praying, sis.
You are loved!!

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
try to treat everyone the same as possible, I know it can't be done perfectly...but it remains, that I am loveable to some but not to others and why can't I have the same effect on everyone...I don't know:sigh:

edit: this is not unrelated but I did IM someone telling them that it felt like they weren't interested in talking to me...I'll probably get ignored by her though. I did emphasize that I wasn't trying to be mean but I fear a nasty response anyway.

Praying, sweetie

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I'm holding something back from the Lord, as if I don't want to confess something. I don't know what. :doh:
He knows your heart, brother - don't worry about it. If your attitude is one of repentaznce, you don't have to specify every sin.
Read psalm 139 :)

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
try to treat everyone the same as possible, I know it can't be done perfectly...but it remains, that I am loveable to some but not to others and why can't I have the same effect on everyone...I don't know:sigh:

edit: this is not unrelated but I did IM someone telling them that it felt like they weren't interested in talking to me...I'll probably get ignored by her though. I did emphasize that I wasn't trying to be mean but I fear a nasty response anyway.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
He knows your heart, brother - don't worry about it. If your attitude is one of repentaznce, you don't have to specify every sin.
Read psalm 139 :)

Yeah, I know that but I keep hitting this, ehm, spiritual wall or something that I know I'm supposed to pass but I can't. I won't be going into details but I often feel as if I have forgotten to repent of something. I know I shouldn't fear but I fear not fearing more than I fear fearing. I'm an ultimate paradox. :scratch:

If not for the sovereign grace of God I'd be hopeless.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What an Interesting ;) question: what are you feeling right now? - well, lesseee - I woke up Laughing :thumbsup:, and
haven't stopped since. Yet, it's bound to get even better :D, because in about 10 minutes I'm leaving for the Ice-arena,
where this entire weekend we are having another Figure-skating :clap: competition, so
if you know anything about me at all, you'll know where I'll enjoy lots of :cool: FUN... PRAISE God! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm feeling so lonely. I have an ad at a site to meet a man. I'm over weight and most men don't want that. So it says I have something like hundreds of views but only one guy was interested and I think he was shady. He was still married. I turned him down of course.

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I know that but I keep hitting this, ehm, spiritual wall or something that I know I'm supposed to pass but I can't. I won't be going into details but I often feel as if I have forgotten to repent of something. I know I shouldn't fear but I fear not fearing more than I fear fearing. I'm an ultimate paradox. :scratch:

If not for the sovereign grace of God I'd be hopeless.

Yes I used to be like you, for me it boiled down to the fact that I was to busy with sin and had not yet stepped into His perfect rest. (Heb 3&4) Be warned that a guilty conscious attracts Dragon breath.(Rev 17) That is why Jesus wants us to be dead to sin.That we stop looking at sin and 't sinful life down here and keep our eye on Jesus? For then God's perfect love casts out our fear :clap:

So please be dead to sin brother, look at Jesus instead for then no fear but joy will well up into your heart for He overcame sin - also yours - awesome isn't!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feeling better now. :) Had to have a few drinks and have a little cry last night, and I'm back on my feet.

Prayers for any suffering tonight.
Praise God answered prayers my dear sweet brother,:clap::thumbsup: I am so glad that you are feeling better, yep a good cry helps me sometimes. :hug::hug:

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm feeling so lonely. I have an ad at a site to meet a man. I'm over weight and most men don't want that. So it says I have something like hundreds of views but only one guy was interested and I think he was shady. He was still married. I turned him down of course.
I have been praying my heart out for you my dear sweet loving sister, you deserve a good man to treat you like GOLD!!!!! You are a dear blessing. :hug::hug::hug::hug::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Be careful friend, lots of shady guys out there. Have you considered joining groups where people share similar interests? Just for like friends, or singles groups at church? It seems like it would be better to get to eyeball a guy in person in a sort of neutral environment.

Of course, I'm the last person who should be giving advice on such things. ;)

Hope you find someone nice!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.