What are you doing to survive the Trump presidency?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally I'm not changing a thing about my life, and Trump has done nothing to change it either, as far as I can tell.

That would be the case for the majority of our presidents, no matter how good or bad they are at the job.

For myself, I am mostly enjoying the entertainment value of it all.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Change holiday plan. Was going visit USA. But watch Trump rallies on TV and hear Trump statements at speech and Trump be elected. Not want to have problem so change holiday to Canada.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
What do you guys think if ... Hypothetically ... I didn't vote in the last presidential election? I'd hate to admit to anything that might get me stoned in here so this is, of course, purely hypothetical. One possible reality of many...

Did you vote?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you guys think if ... Hypothetically ... I didn't vote in the last presidential election? I'd hate to admit to anything that might get me stoned in here so this is, of course, purely hypothetical. One possible reality of many...

Did you vote?

I almost didn't vote as well. I ended up voting for neither Trump or Clinton and wrote someone in.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wrote in Kasich. IMO, the most qualified and level headed candidate that was available, by far.

I hope he runs next time. Of course he has some serious problems in Ohio to deal with first.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since Almighty YHWH puts whoever He wants in leadership positions, I would be careful to speak of "surviving" Trump's presidency. In reality, you are suggesting we are surviving YHWH's choice. The best thing we could all do is to pray for Trump that YHWH will direct his heart to do His will.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since Almighty YHWH puts whoever He wants in leadership positions, I would be careful to speak of "surviving" Trump's presidency. In reality, you are suggesting we are surviving YHWH's choice. The best thing we could all do is to pray for Trump that YHWH will direct his heart to do His will.

And how exactly do you go about measuring whether Trump is doing God's will? Would it have anything to do with you agreeing with what Trump does?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

That reminds me of the big conversion of Rome back when .... whoever that was .... saw the cross in the sky and said an angel told him to conquer in the name of the Christian God

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Evangelicals flocked to Trump. Trump literally lived in a golden palace, he seems dedicated solely to Mammon. He is an adulterer. He preaches NOT turning the other cheek. He preaches fear of outsiders.

I can't imagine a less Christ-like set of behaviors and yet, the evangelicals flocked to him.

So is God really putting Trump in charge? Or are evangelicals taking it upon themselves to choose to elevate things which they excoriate in others?

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Did you vote?
Yes, I voted and personally feel that those who did not and COULD have have no right to complain about the results. I am not saying that you are only that I feel it is that important to vote.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That reminds me of the big conversion of Rome back when .... whoever that was .... saw the cross in the sky and said an angel told him to conquer in the name of the Christian God

IIRC that would be Constantine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Evangelicals flocked to Trump. Trump literally lived in a golden palace, he seems dedicated solely to Mammon. He is an adulterer. He preaches NOT turning the other cheek. He preaches fear of outsiders.

I can't imagine a less Christ-like set of behaviors and yet, the evangelicals flocked to him.

So is God really putting Trump in charge? Or are evangelicals taking it upon themselves to choose to elevate things which they excoriate in others?

Yes, Evangelicals voted for Trump, no question. Here is the thing though, Evangelicals were certainly not going to vote for Clinton, no matter who the other option was. What won the election for Trump, was not some massive turnout of white voters, it was the fact that so many; hispanics, blacks and women, were not willing to vote for Clinton, that did vote for Obama.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The reality is that Trump's presidency is a mess right now. God may have placed him there but God isn't pulling Trump's strings.

God usually gives the nations the leadership that they 'so richly deserve'. :eek:

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
true it is
However, what you did was to leave the choice to others.
I would whether someone write someone in or vote third party than not vote at all ( assuming of course that one meets the qualifications to vote.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting.

Did he change hearts or minds for some voters or did they vote how they already wanted to?

Upvote 0